Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Perhaps, but I only see him doing well as a McTominay replacement. His ability on the ball is still good, and he is good at timing his positions and runs.

I see two problems, though:
  • Wages (unless he has the hunger and drive to prove himself like Cavani)
  • Adapting to the Premier League's intensity
    • He does tend to get closed down easier than other skilled midfielders similar to his age
    • Lack of quickness on the ball
    • Possibly like Matic in that sense
If we are to go after him, it's if he doesn't accept big wages and is accepting of a smaller role in the club.
Struggling in Seria A but you think he could cope at a top club in the PL?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Struggling in Seria A but you think he could cope at a top club in the PL?
If said top club tends to have lots of time on the ball, sure. That leaves Chelsea, City, and Liverpool. Out of those 3 clubs, I can only see Liverpool possibly making a deal for him especially if they suffer from lots of injuries (slim chance, of course).

Also, dev1l brought up his injury record, which I forgot about. He's had lengthy layoffs due to injuries recently, so I'm not sure if many clubs would go after him. Everton's probably the likeliest destination due to Ancelotti, but that's about it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's amazing how deeply ingrained his need for self-promotion and constant messaging is. He does not make single statement, about anything, that is not steeped in a passive-aggressive tone and that does not aim to paint himself as victim, hero and saint.

Anustart89

The fact we're even considering giving TFM a new deal shows that we still have the same issues at board level as those that put us in the deadwood situation that Ole's now spent two years trying to sort out.

It's basically Rojo all over again. Give him a deal to protect his value and secure a transfer fee for him. Then end up spending £5m on wages on him over a three year period and find out that nobody's really interested in paying a transfer fee, and if they are, it'll be less than what's been spent in wages anyway.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The fact we're even considering giving TFM a new deal shows that we still have the same issues at board level as those that put us in the deadwood situation that Ole's now spent two years trying to sort out.

It's basically Rojo all over again. Give him a deal to protect his value and secure a transfer fee for him. Then end up spending £5m on wages on him over a three year period and find out that nobody's really interested in paying a transfer fee, and if they are, it'll be less than what's been spent in wages anyway.
The fact he rejected a contract we offered him, shows we're probably offering him peanuts. He is a squad player, you need players like him in a squad. He's versatile and been solid when called upon. You won't get that from an academy kid and no one will come and play that role.

A cursory Google shows he's on about 15k a week, 20k at the top end. What are you complaining about exactly?

Anustart89

The fact he rejected a contract we offered him, shows we're probably offering him peanuts. He is a squad player, you need players like him in a squad. He's versatile and been solid when called upon. You won't get that from an academy kid and no one will come and play that role.

A cursory Google shows he's on about 15k a week, 20k at the top end. What are you complaining about exactly?
It's pretty obvious what I'm complaining about, isn't it? He's not been on loan since the 18/19 season and has played what, 200 minutes of football for the United first team in the last five years? I'd much rather have his space in the squad go to an academy player who's got potential to kick on rather than spend another £4m (£15k/w over a five-year contract) on players who contribute nothing other than being names on the squad list. We've got others who can do that. For all of his versatility, he's not been used in any other position than the RB one when he's been given any time on the pitch. He's hardly going to come into CDM ahead of Fred, McTom, Matic, vdB and even Tuanzebe as we saw yesterday.

Tuanzebe and Lindelöf are ahead of him in the pecking order for a RB spot when AWB isn't playing based on recent evidence, and we're rumoured to be interested in Max Aarons. Do we need TFM in the squad to have a fifth option for the RB position, especially with a talented youngster coming through in Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams just receiving a new deal?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Is that certain speed slow?
It's a translation thing really, he probably said "mit einem gewissem Tempo", proper translation would be "with a certain amount of pace", not "with a certain speed". Don't know why journalists can't get the basics right, honestly, when they're reporting on simple things like football managers' public statements.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's pretty obvious what I'm complaining about, isn't it? He's not been on loan since the 18/19 season and has played what, 200 minutes of football for the United first team in the last five years? I'd much rather have his space in the squad go to an academy player who's got potential to kick on rather than spend another £4m (£15k/w over a five-year contract) on players who contribute nothing other than being names on the squad list. We've got others who can do that. For all of his versatility, he's not been used in any other position than the RB one when he's been given any time on the pitch. He's hardly going to come into CDM ahead of Fred, McTom, Matic, vdB and even Tuanzebe as we saw yesterday.

Tuanzebe and Lindelöf are ahead of him in the pecking order for a RB spot when AWB isn't playing based on recent evidence, and we're rumoured to be interested in Max Aarons. Do we need TFM in the squad to have a fifth option for the RB position, especially with a talented youngster coming through in Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams just receiving a new deal?
Well no, because the amount he plays would be completely useless for an academy player to have his spot. He's there to fill the squad. Max Aarons would at minimum cost 25m+5m for 5 years - who wouldn't even be first choice. Brandon Williams isn't a RB and we have no idea if Laird will stay fit enough right now. But for arguments sake, if we want to put our eggs in the Laird basket. It would be far better to extend TFM for 5 years than buy Max Aarons who would likely not give him the opportunities needed.

4m over 5 years is nothing and he doesn't get the amount of minutes currently that holds anyone back, so I really don't see the issue - not to mention he won't sign our offer anyway.

John Keiler

It's amazing how deeply ingrained his need for self-promotion and constant messaging is. He does not make single statement, about anything, that is not steeped in a passive-aggressive tone and that does not aim to paint himself as victim, hero and saint.
I see it as 'Phase 1' of his normal exit strategy!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Lindelof, linked to Barca, paid him more money.
Shaw, played 5 good games, presumably the highest paid full back in the league now.
Jones, Rojo, Smalling all extended.
Brandon got a 50K deal and isn't even wanted by the manager it seems.
We tried to tie Young down to a new deal once Inter wanted him.
Lingard...

I can see how TFM and his agent might believe he could get 3-4 times more here for not playing than he can elsewhere (if he's actually wanted by anyone).

Status
Not open for further replies.