Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Kante struggled initially at Chelsea because he was injured and couldn't hack it as a traditional 8 with one other CM and a back 4. It also exposed Chelsea's shape. When you consider Kovacic, Jorginho, or Mount is his central midfield partner....with 3 behind him, you then realize his maximum impact. Kante thrives in a compact defensive base, which was the case at Leicester and now Chelsea with a back 3 and pressing system. Pogba thrives as a result of being surrounded by a compact base.

France...he plays with top talent and is part of a 3 man central midfield. Same with Juve.
What’s McT and Fred, a 4 man midfield?
People should stop making excuses for Pogba at United. We’ve tried everything

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we’re not allowed terrible Utd sources, should we really be subjected to just as bad Chelsea ones?
Are you suggesting that Si and Dan don't know about Chelsea? It's what they talk about!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This'll be a major signing for Brighton.

EDIT: More info
  • Stuttgart accepted a similar bid from Fiorentina, but Nico prefers Brighton.
  • Leeds & Spurs were also linked to him.

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Are you suggesting that Si and Dan don't know about Chelsea? It's what they talk about!
They are also discussing this tweet. I don’t think it is a secret talks are happening with Hakimi.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Translation + more from today's SportBILD article by Sven:

Additional tidbit: bonuses shouldn't be an issue, but the clubs haven't talked since the first round of negotiations.

Last edited:

James35

Such a tiresome transfer saga, having gone on for a year already.

I'm excited (hoping) for a CB and CM signing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
"Ed Woodward doesn't seem keen on closing this gap soon" Ed does his own thing :lol:

SATA

I doubt even Woodward is involved in this himself as far as negotiations go, so i wouldn't entirely believe that article and what it says. Also i can see Sancho throwing a fit soon if this doesn't happen. Well, we have until July so there's still time

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I doubt even Woodward is involved in this himself as far as negotiations go, so i wouldn't entirely believe that article and what it says. Also i can see Sancho throwing a fit soon if this doesn't happen. Well, we have until July so there's still time
Yeah, it seems like Ed's name is used just for convenience.

Infra-red

A £90m acquisition and you don't think that the CEO will be involved? He definitely will be.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You'd think there'd be people working on this during the season considering there's been murmurings of Sancho to United since 2019.

Infra-red

You'd think there'd be people working on this during the season considering there's been murmurings of Sancho to United since 2019.
Probably. I expect we'll get it over the line eventually, but our budget needs to stretch to a CB, too, so expect us to haggle over Sancho's fee for as long as possible.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Unless Trippier himself forces Atletico's hands, there's no chance of him coming to United.
Hirst says Trippier will not force his way out but is open to a switch to United. Trippier's family plan to move back to the north west this summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Hirst says Trippier will not force his way out but is open to a switch to United. Trippier's family plan to move back to the north west this summer.
My bad; I should have elaborated further. Fortunately, the article was unlocked for me, so I caught the details. I was just saying that Trippier will have to basically request a transfer out of Atletico if he's to potentially come to United.

cyberman

Probably. I expect we'll get it over the line eventually, but our budget needs to stretch to a CB, too, so expect us to haggle over Sancho's fee for as long as possible.
Plus isnt a transfer paid over a durstion of a contract? Shortening thst could cost us in taxes as well or for whatever reason thats used for

Infra-red

Plus isnt a transfer paid over a durstion of a contract? Shortening thst could cost us in taxes as well or for whatever reason thats used for
Transfer fees are amortised over the length of the player's contract in the club's financial reports, but that doesn't necessarily correspond to how the fee is actually paid.

In this case though, it does sound like we are trying to reduce the upfront payment as much as possible and push some of the fee further down the road in the form of instalments and/or performance-related add-ons. From United's perspective, minimising the upfront fee as much as possible is entirely understandable, as cashflow is obviously more of an issue now (following on from the pandemic) than it will be in a few years' time (although Dortmund's cashflow issues have been well-documented, which is also why they want the vast majority of the fee upfront!). A compromise will surely (hopefully!) be reached eventually.

SATA

A £90m acquisition and you don't think that the CEO will be involved? He definitely will be.
Is it not the Murtough bloke that is doing the negotiating with Woodward then bringing the offer to the Glazers to rubberstamp it? Even Woodward himself has said he has no part in any of the transfer negotiations that take place between the involved clubs

Infra-red

Is it not the Murtough bloke that is doing the negotiating with Woodward then bringing the offer to the Glazers to rubberstamp it? Even Woodward himself has said he has no part in any of the transfer negotiations that take place between the involved clubs
Murtough and Matt Judge will probably have taken care of the agent/player demands (which seems to have been sorted fairly quickly, just as they were last summer), but I'd imagine that in a deal of this size, the Chief Execs at both clubs would be taking a keen interest in negotiations over the fee. I guess it'll end up as one of the 10 biggest transfers of all time, if it happens.

meamth

Nahh Woodward, just pull the plug and let other club bid for him.

We can wait for Sancho another season. Now sign other targets for CB and CM.

The way Dortmund doing business in pandemic window just annoys me.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Glazers clearly don't have a lot to spend so they want to stretch the payments out. Most selling clubs want the cash lump sum. This might not be a window where Utd hit all their transfer targets. I think there will be some unexpected deals done by Utd this window.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thought so too. His name was added to add more spice and drama to news which we already knew
The key info from Sven's article is that the clubs have yet to actually communicate with each other since the first bid. It might be a while before we get news of a 2nd bid.

SATA

Nahh Woodward, just pull the plug and let other club bid for him.

We can wait for Sancho another season. Now sign other targets for CB and CM.

The way Dortmund doing business in pandemic window just annoys me.
I wouldn't mind this really although i really want to see the player at United this new season

We walk, they get an unmotivated and pissed off player again and we negotiate again next summer with only a year left on his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.