Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Haha think we can put the Trippier talk to bed now then. No way should the club be offering anywhere near that. Not because he's not necessarily worth it but simply because we are not desperate for a right-back and he's 31 this year.

With Trippier costing too much, we should test Rangers with a bid for Tavernier.

As for Varane, if rumours are to be believed, then a starting bid of 50M seems a bit high given the circumstances.

youmeletsfly

This is like saying "he may stay or may go". This fecking guy just said something on twitter without actually saying anything, if you know what I mean.

What a life to be a journo these days, it's just a game of thinking "Hmm, how in the feck can I say something that looks good, without actually saying a god damn thing and without actually being accountable for it".

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I want Daka here. Leicester are really good in the transfer market
He’s no better than the youngsters we have: Amad, et al plus it’s not a position we need to strengthen. It’d just be a caf hipster signing

hubbuh

This is like saying "he may stay or may go". This fecking guy just said something on twitter without actually saying anything, if you know what I mean.

What a life to be a journo these days, it's just a game of thinking "Hmm, how in the feck can I say something that looks good, without actually saying a god damn thing and without actually being accountable for it".
They genuinely have the best jobs. Absolute piece of piss.

Dazzmondo

He'd be great to watch in the Premier League. His teams tend to play entertaining attacking football.

EDIT: More info
  • Burnley's Sean Dyche is also an option for Crystal Palace despite his sizable compensation
  • Palace chairman Steve Parish announces that the club will listen to offers for Wilfried Zaha.
My brain can't compute Favre at Palace

NecssryEvil

What do we expect when we go around boasting about having money to appease our fans?

we can do things in the market that others only dream about

whatever woody. Pillock
I still marvel at the absolute stupidity of that statement. Has to be in the top 10 dumbest things said by the CEO of a major entity in the history of the world.

Dazzmondo

He’s no better than the youngsters we have: Amad, et al plus it’s not a position we need to strengthen. It’d just be a caf hipster signing
He is extremely good. People said the same about Haaland before he went to Dortmund. He's a striker so no point comparing with Amad. I would agree we don't need him only because we have Mason who I would say is better. He would be a fantastic signing for Leicester though

Inigo Montoya

He is a striker. If Martial goes, we need someone
Well ok, two things; one we are clearly looking to promote a youngster or two and signing another one sends out a negative message, Secondly, signing Sancho sort of negates the Martial departure.
I just feel there's other priorities

Inigo Montoya

He is extremely good. People said the same about Haaland before he went to Dortmund. He's a striker so no point comparing with Amad. I would agree we don't need him only because we have Mason who I would say is better. He would be a fantastic signing for Leicester though
I'm sorry, Daka's name only came up last summer with some speculative media reporting. No one had really heard of him whereas Haaland has been talked about for more than a couple of years now. It's really ridiculous to compare the two

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How did he do in Italy last season with Inter?
He was okay as their left wing back. He got forward and put some decent crosses into the far post, and that's about it. He's still very predictable going forward (check back to his right foot and then cross the ball to the far post). Defensively, he wasn't much; he's not as fast as he used to be though he's still decently quick. However, he got decent defensive support, which is why he looked okay at best.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So Nico Gonzalez is close to a move to both Brighton and Fiorentina now. I guess it's up to the player to make the final decision.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Of course there is. Every player earns a salary, and most of them cost a transfer fee - except the ones that don’t, obviously. There is a clear appeal in adding players who do not cost a transfer fee.
Expense is expense. Spending £40M in transfer fee and £5M/y in wages over 5 years equates to £13M/y expense

Free transfer on £25M/y costs you £25M/y

Clubs don't have separate budgets for wages and transfers, what you spend influences how much more you can spend

theklr

Expense is expense. Spending £40M in transfer fee and £5M/y in wages over 5 years equates to £13M/y expense

Free transfer on £25M/y costs you £25M/y

Clubs don't have separate budgets for wages and transfers, what you spend influences how much more you can spend
Well, they could have budgetproblems on a outlay on £40M up front

laughtersassassin

When we starting the how many premier League clubs have made a signing before United thread?

Fairly sure last year all 19 had made at minimum 1 signing before we had.

We then followed that up with none until deadline day.

It really is funny how incompetent our club is.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
When we starting the how many premier League clubs have made a signing before United thread?

We've signed Tom Heaton.

theklr

While I kinda agree, its not like we have the easiest targets to get

Status
Not open for further replies.