Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I really hate goodbye messages from bit part players. I don’t recall him playing many games for Arsenal at all
He did play most games in his first season under Emery before falling down and getting loaned out. His message is just a formality and you can see that he's still trying to have a go "the ones who believed in me...".
Arsenal is the thrid club in a row where he had attitude issues and he signs for....... Marseille :lol: I hope he does well but bar PSG i'm not sure he could have chosen a worse environment to continue his career. I give it 6 months before a row of some sort happens.

SATA

Griezmann is an absolutely obnoxious character. Glad we didn’t sign him few years ago. Him and Barca are a perfect match for one another

Withnail

Nothing worse than rich, spoilt wankers taking the piss out of people just trying to do their jobs. Scummy. Hopefully they have to apologise or worse. They suck! So glad we didn’t go near greizmann. Bullet well and truly dodged
Absolutely. Nothing likeable about that lad.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Lyon want Andre Onana NOW and are planning to present an offer to Ajax. The goalkeeper has many options, especially if he will be free in January (like Inter) but is now considering playing in France. To see in the next few days.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Note: Gerard Romero also announced this yesterday.

He also goes on to mention that Junior Firpo's salary will be double that of what he was getting from Barcelona.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: TV3 via Mundo Deportivo

Pep on City's summer transfer activities:
I imagine that if we want to sign a Barcelona or Real Madrid players for €100m or so, they will not complain. They will be delighted that it can be done. I hope they would. I don’t know how the market will end. I don’t know, with Txiki [Begiristain], what we can do because many times you want to do things that aren’t possible. What we can do, we will do and if not, we’ll continue with the squad we have, with which we have won three league in four years and we have finally reached a Champions League final.
These quotes make it seem like City aren't so keen to conduct much transfer activity this summer, but they will be okay with spending big money if required.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is what I call good transfer strategy. Murtough must be behind of all these improvement in our transfer strategy. After all he used to worked in our academy and he was the one who signed those talented players recently.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Sportske

Grujic on his time at Porto and whether he can go back:
I’m only sorry that I didn’t play in front of the fans. All my teammates and people in the club say it’s a fantastic atmosphere, but my career is long and I’m sure I’ll have the opportunity to play at the Estádio do Dragão again.

I will soon join Liverpool’s preparations, to do that basic part, so we’ll see the next step. We’ll see which club I’m going to play for, I don’t know at the moment, but as for the blue colours, I think I’ve done well in the last three seasons. Of course, it can always be better!

Pep's Suit

These quotes make it seem like City aren't so keen to conduct much transfer activity this summer, but they will be okay with spending big money if required.
Yeah, could be just 1 new player, it depends on who will leave. I think Laporte and Sterling are unlikely to go now, no team can afford them. Inter like Mendy so maybe a new LB, Bernardo can go if Grealish joins. I think Kane is unlikely, would give it only 20-30% chance and after him there are no good options. Fernandinho signed 1 year extension so no new DM until next summer at least.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Source: TV3 via Mundo Deportivo

Pep on City's summer transfer activities:

They want specific players it seems. E.g Kane or Haaland and Grealish

jesperjaap

One of the few senior players (along with Ter Stegen) at Barca that I'd actually be interested in United signing.

They have some talented youngsters, but most of their crop of senior players are either past it or ludicrously overpaid relative to their ability (Messi, Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, Lenglet, Umtiti, Pjanic).
Completely agree, there are a fair few youngsters but positionally I think only Moriba is a genuine option from the youngsters too, but he is as of yet unproven really to be a target, especially as we alreay have Hannibal and seem to be after Camavigna.

Isnt DeJong on a big salary too though? Being on one is the only possible reason I see them entertaining a huge big, but he is possibly the least likely to leave I expect this summer. cracking player though.

jesperjaap

Sassuolo have joined the bigger clubs (including Manchester United, yes) in the race for talented Brazilian winger Gabriel Veron.
  • Release clause: 53 million Euros
  • Palmeiras can let him go for 15 million Euros + bonuses
Do remember us getting linked in January. Has anybody watched this guy regularly? Believe he isnt at the Copa America and now we have signed SAncho, even for 15m cant see him still being a target....but (yes I know) youtube highlights he really does look some talent

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Fabrizio Romano's tweet in regard to United looking for Camavinga has over 100k likes. The guy has turned himself into a brand. Fair play.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Aurelio di Laurentiis (Napoli owner) talks about Lorenzo Insigne:
Lorenzo knows he is a product of the academy and in fact I picked up Santoro who found Insigne himself: I needed someone who knew the territory. And if Insigne got tired and wants to go around Europe it is his choice.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Do remember us getting linked in January. Has anybody watched this guy regularly? Believe he isnt at the Copa America and now we have signed SAncho, even for 15m cant see him still being a target....but (yes I know) youtube highlights he really does look some talent
@NYAS may know more about Gabriel Veron, but I don't know if he's kept an eye on him recently.

jesperjaap

Griezmann is an absolutely obnoxious character. Glad we didn’t sign him few years ago. Him and Barca are a perfect match for one another
There are a few in that French squad seem to me beyond French confidence to genuine arrogance. He is obviously a good player and on the pitch to be fair he also works really hard for the team....but personally bar the world cup or euros a few years back where he was player of the tournament, dont think he is quite as stellar as he is built up to be.

Personally glad we didnt sign him and not surprised he hasnt been a real star at Barcelona either

mister_olumide

Supports
tottenham
We should be in touch with players like Pedri and Frenkie and letting them know there is a proper wage waiting for them at United.

Players with that talent shouldn't be playing for peanuts to subsidise the wages of 35 year olds.

Sow the seeds now. It's might be tapping up but Barca have never worried about that when they were trying to entice the best players from other clubs.
This has put football generally in a horrible position.
We have too many players earning way above their ability.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Real Sociedad looked at Inter's Ionut Radu, Roma's Robin Olsen (loaned out to Everton last season), and Brighton's Matthew Ryan (recently on loan to Arsenal). In the end, they decided upon Matthew Ryan as their preferred keeper (who already played in La Liga for Valencia in the past).

jesperjaap

Milan still hoping to convince us to loan him again.
Id never heard of him when we signed him and he was certainly hyped up by the press, overly so.

I see little point in loaning him again as Milan wish. I would still rather keep him for another season than sign the likes of Trippier though....but its really down to whether any clubs are serious in buying him as I think he knows a move and possible first team football is more beneficial to him.

I would sell one of him and WIlliams though and keep the other as back up with Laird to challenge for the role. Really see little point in investing in a back up right back at all

jesperjaap

Fabrizio Romano's tweet in regard to United looking for Camavinga has over 100k likes. The guy has turned himself into a brand. Fair play.
Yes, I hope this isnt the time when he gets to big for his boots and literally a brand as that recent video he did could suggest.

As he is pretty much the journalist I trust with his news as he only says what he knows rather than conjecture or waffle to get traction.

Himself and Bouhafsi definately seem to be the reliable journanilsts over the last couple of yeasr. Personally isnt a single English one I believe in

jesperjaap

Aurelio di Laurentiis (Napoli owner) talks about Lorenzo Insigne:
He has been an excellent player for some time now. Would have loved him here 4/5years ago. He is still a very good player and Italians do seem to have longer careers often. Not one for us, but would still love to see him in the premiership as been under the radar in terms of great players I feel and not appreciated as much outside of Italy as he should have been

RUCK4444

He needs us more than we need Camavinga. :wenger:

I've been super negative towards old Fab, but if he gets these potential signings for United right I'll forgive him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Relevant Kane quotes:
[On Nuno]
Whenever a new manager comes in, I guess there’s a level of excitement around the club. Obviously, I’ve not been there and not had any contact with him. I’m away with England now and my full focus is on here. Hopefully, we’ve got a week left. He’s a great manager and did a great job at Wolves and got them playing a really good way. Let’s get back and I’m sure we’ll be in contact after the tournament.

[On Paratici's comments about him]
Of course as a player you want to be wanted, you want to feel like you’re loved, which I do. I haven’t had the chance to talk to any of these people yet. I’m sure we’ll get to know each other after the tournament, have a phone call or two once I get a week or two of holiday. To get praise from big people from football is great, it gives you confidence, it gives you motivation so of course it’s nice to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.