Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzmondo

The quotes in Tweet form:

Surprise, surprise. Kane's staying. Never believed it for a second. Should be a wake-up call to other players not to be so short-sighted and naive in signing long-term contracts. Camavinga's a good example of a player being clever and knowing that the money will come in time at a big club. Mbappe by the looks of things doing something similar with PSG and Real.

NYAS

@NYAS may know more about Gabriel Veron, but I don't know if he's kept an eye on him recently.
@jesperjaap The kid has stagnated. Was by far the best talent in Brazil in the early part of last year but he has struggled a bit with injuries and then hasn’t played much under a defensive manager. He isn’t a starter for Palmeiras, I personally wouldn’t spend big bucks on him right now.

Official: Atletico Madrid sign 20-year-old promising Brazilian left winger Marcos Paulo from Fluminense.
Thanks for this, was waiting for it to be announced as the lad has basically spent the last 6 months not playing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

► Hakimi took the plane to Paris where he will have his medical examination this Tuesday.
► PSG have reached an agreement with Ramos for a 2-year contract.
► The Camavinga and Pogba cases are still being studied. Paul Pogba seems more and more open to the idea of joining Paris.
Also, PSG continue to monitor Messi's situation.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Imagine having to defend with Mbappe, Neymar and Pogba ? PSG isn't going to win the CL anytime soon.

rotherham_red

If we let Pogba go to PSG they'd let us go for Camavinga.
That's my hope too. Plus giving us the funds to have a proper crack at Rice.

Long-term, I think the plan will be a double pivot of Camavinga/Garner-Rice/McTominay.

Dazzmondo

Not a surprise tbh. He obviously isn't renewing so I can understand why the board would at least want to get some money back. Sancho will have brought a lot of creativity to make the loss of Pogba a little more manageable. Not ideal but ultimately we managed to play well for a lot of last season without Pogba. He definitely did improve us when he returned imo, but with Camavinga probably coming in it should make the team more balanced, and we'll probably only have to play one of Fred/McTominay instead of both. Bruno will continue to be our main source of creativity in any case, just as he was last season.

GwilDor

Henderson sees himself as United’s number 1 so I can’t see him accepting West Ham. I think maybe Spurs would be the likely option in the PL.
I think he actually doesn’t care that much at this point what club it is. He cares about being #1 gk where he is. He is not peak career yet, but i think he’d rather be #1 at WH than #2 at United. Doubt Spurs are interested, nor any other steady top 10 club. Maybe something like Newcastle?

jesperjaap

@jesperjaap The kid has stagnated. Was by far the best talent in Brazil in the early part of last year but he has struggled a bit with injuries and then hasn’t played much under a defensive manager. He isn’t a starter for Palmeiras, I personally wouldn’t spend big bucks on him right now.

Thanks for this, was waiting for it to be announced as the lad has basically spent the last 6 months not playing.
Thanks. If you watch Brazilian football, what has happened with Alan Guimaraes. I remember him with Viniscus Junior in the youth world cup a few years ago and was convinced he was going to become an absolutely huge player (no theight wise obviously haha)

Hanky panky

Camavinga, Sancho and Varane in, Pogba out. I think it would be a good deal. Even if i feel our midfield would lack of creativity. If we will sign Varene, i think it´s a sign that we will make some big sales also. Pogba in this case. We are not going to spend 130M net.

NYAS

Thanks. If you watch Brazilian football, what has happened with Alan Guimaraes. I remember him with Viniscus Junior in the youth world cup a few years ago and was convinced he was going to become an absolutely huge player (no theight wise obviously haha)
:lol: Alanzinho, what a throwback. He was so good as a #10 in that U-17 WC.

Sadly he hasn’t amounted to much. He hasn’t adapted well to men’s football and he’s still at Palmeiras, but barely makes the matchday squads. He also suffered a couple of injuries but I think there’s a real concern that his size is proving to be too big of an obstacle.

theklr

Camavinga, Sancho and Varane in, Pogba out. I think it would be a good deal. Even if i feel our midfield would lack of creativity. If we will sign Varene, i think it´s a sign that we will make some big sales also. Pogba in this case. We are not going to spend 130M net.
We do add Sancho, so that should be enough creativity to compensate

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why does it always have to include Pogba going? if anything those signings would convince Pogba to stay

Why would we not spend £130M net? After the ESL debacle, it seems like the Glazers arw putting their money where their mouth is.

Apparently we want Rice as well as Camavinga

Flytan

Why does it always have to include Pogba going? if anything those signings would convince Pogba to stay

Why would we not spend £130M net? After the ESL debacle, it seems like the Glazers arw putting their money where their mouth is.

Apparently we want Rice as well as Camavinga
Most of us see that Pogba is at most neutral to being here. PSG is closer to competing for the CL and he'd get more money there for him and his agent. I don't think there's a world where we're "better off" with him leaving, but I just think it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone so I just assume any move we're making or any "projected" lineups may as well take him out.

sparx99

Most of us see that Pogba is at most neutral to being here. PSG is closer to competing for the CL and he'd get more money there for him and his agent. I don't think there's a world where we're "better off" with him leaving, but I just think it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone so I just assume any move we're making or any "projected" lineups may as well take him out.
There are suggestions Van De Beek may leave or go out on loan so Camavinga coming in while keeping Pogba as CM or CAM isn’t out of the question.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Then we dont really want to win the league.
If Pogba goes we need more than Camavinga in midfield

redshaw

PSG have Wijnaldum now, they should want Pogba to connect with Mbappe. With a top keeper in Donnarumma added, two CL finals already they would be very strong contenders

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There are suggestions Van De Beek may leave or go out on loan so Camavinga coming in while keeping Pogba as CM or CAM isn’t out of the question.
That's a slim possibility. The reports are coming from weak outlets. The more reliable sources have all reported that van de Beek will spend pre-season with us in anticipation of playing for us next season.

Giggsyking

Burnley are closer than PSG to win the CL.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I don't think I've seen a single tweet so far this summer that has been negative news.

It's all for nothing if we don't actually sign these guys though. Here's hoping.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'm not too sure. We'd be relying on Fred and McTominay, which is not the worse thing in the world, but if they were to pick up an injury, we'd have Matic and Camavinga as back ups.

The way I see it, if Pogba stays, we'll sign Camavinga or a young midfielder. If he goes, we wont sign Camavinga and instead sign someone more established.

Status
Not open for further replies.