Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
James, Longstaff, AwB, Aarons, Maguire, Collins etc. And the journos who were reporting this are the most reliable journos when it comes to Man Utd.

Dybala we nearly signed in a opportunistic move from Juve after Inter were having issues signing Lukaku. Fernandes we signed after James Ducker had written a piece saying we abandoned the strategy in question.

And I had no problem signing British players.
So this strategy only existed for one summer? That’s like saying we have a new strategy to not buy strikers since we’re not looking at one this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you eat up everything journalists say?
Not everything. I read and listened to the likes of James Ducker, Simon Stone etc, way before we linked to or signed any player in 2019, and what they said was correct.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So this strategy only existed for one summer? That’s like saying we have a new strategy to not buy strikers since we’re not looking at one this summer.
The strategy as reported by James Ducker was scrapped pretty early.

We do have a strategy to buy strikers and have bought two in as short term options in recent years with a view to trying to sign the long term option, Erling Haaland.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think it was a quite believable/sensible short term plan - but never in a million years did anyone at the club think it would be a good idea long term, especially when the coach isn't even British himself.

We'd just had a few years worth of mercenary buys and Ole understood we needed a core group of players who truly understood Manchester United's importance in English football, would 'run through walls' for the club and wouldn't be having their heads turned whilst we built a proper squad.

It just so happens, that type of player is more often than not English.
I agree with you and I didn't have a issue with it. I'm just saying that the journos who are closest to the club, reported such.

GBBQ

They were reporting the news before we had even signed a player in 2019.
I’d well believe that Ole prioritised a core of English players after the debacle of DiMaria and Sanchez. They’re less likely to agitate for a move abroad and historically the top 6 don’t sell to each other all that often. I don’t think he ever had a mind to have British only though. Just perhaps to be more selective with foreign players to understand their mindset. Hence why players like Bruno and Cavani have been leaders.

cyberman

Not everything. I read and listened to the likes of James Ducker, Simon Stone etc, way before we linked to or signed any player in 2019, and what they said was correct.
And what about the failed foreign signings we tried to make that summer?
Utd journos who people claim are close to the club are the worst sources of information of any club Ive seen. If its not a brief its nothing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’d well believe that Ole prioritised a core of English players after the debacle of DiMaria and Sanchez. They’re less likely to agitate for a move abroad and historically the top 6 don’t sell to each other all that often. I don’t think he ever had a mind to have British only though. Just perhaps to be more selective with foreign players to understand their mindset. Hence why players like Bruno and Cavani have been leaders.
I agree, and if you go through my posts over the years i've mentioned that I do favour a British core. But if you have a look at how things are panning out now, then we could end up with a French core (which i don't have a issue with) with players like Pogba, Camavinga, Varane, Mejbri etc.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I wanted him to join Southampton. Look at KWP's development, I think Hasenhüttl is perfect man for Brandon's development.
KWP is in a different league to Williams. I liked BWs commitment and attitude but it doesn’t make up for not being able to defend.
Still I hope he makes it in the professional game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
KWP is in a different league to Williams. I liked BWs commitment and attitude but it doesn’t make up for not being able to defend.
Still I hope he makes it in the professional game.
KWP's situation was pretty much similar when he was at Tottenham. I'm not sure how you can called him different league to Williams.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Utd journos who people claim are close to the club are the worst sources of information of any club Ive seen. If its not a brief its nothing.
The failed signings like Dybala weren't planned signings but were potential signings of opportunity. And no one reported it was only British players that were targeted but it was reported there was a 'proclivity' to signing British players.

It was a brief IMO, because all the journos close to the club were reporting the same news. The club itself announced officially that they were backing the 'cultural reboot" which Simon Stone explained as being a strategy to improve upon the British core at the club.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
KWP's situation was pretty much similar when he was at Tottenham. I'm not sure how you can called him different league to Williams.
Because I’ve watched Southampton with a lot more interest. I confess that it was with a view to seeing how Ralph might fit in at Utd. KWP did everything right in my estimation. He looks a real progressive type on that flank.
Williams had a decent season a couple of years back but looks nervous, terrible at positioning and is rash in the tackle. KWP looks far more assured. The reason he left Spurs wasn’t down to lack of talent but lack of opportunities and that Soton we’re willing to pay Spurs 12m. Mourinho was never going to turn that down

BarstoolProphet

Agree. Rarely any exclusives that aren't deliberately sent from the club. Samuel Luckhurst is actually only United journo who doesn't seem to tow the company line, but he probably sits on RedCafe all day and creates transfer articles based on what the caf wants so that he can generate easy clicks.

Simon Stone must have the easiest job in the world. I bet he just send a message to the club's media contact with "any news on [transfer target]?" and within a minute writes an article based on the response from the club, not bothering to verify the information.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I wanted him to join Southampton. Look at KWP's development, I think Hasenhüttl is perfect man for Brandon's development.
They wanted him last summer too, which means it clearly wasn’t just a punt and they really do rate him there

cyberman

The failed signings like Dybala weren't planned signings but were potential signings of opportunity. And no one reported it was only British players that were targeted but it was reported there was a 'proclivity' to signing British players.

It was a brief IMO, because all the journos close to the club were reporting the same news. The club itself announced officially that they were backing the 'cultural reboot" which Simon Stone explained as being a strategy to improve upon the British core at the club.
It was an opinion that became widespread fact. An opinion that spread before the window closed that would have been proven ridiculous by the end of that window if they had waited. The media have a bad habit of doing that with our club.
We also tried to sign Bruno that sunmer as well but that was put back, Erikesen was a target as well. it just doesn't add up and is an obvious black mark against our so called sources close to the club.
Its why all our transfer news comes from the other clubs trusted sources. We have none.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Because I’ve watched Southampton with a lot more interest. I confess that it was with a view to seeing how Ralph might fit in at Utd. KWP did everything right in my estimation. He looks a real progressive type on that flank.
Williams had a decent season a couple of years back but looks nervous, terrible at positioning and is rash in the tackle. KWP looks far more assured. The reason he left Spurs wasn’t down to lack of talent but lack of opportunities and that Soton we’re willing to pay Spurs 12m. Mourinho was never going to turn that down
So because you've watched KWP after he's being developed and coached by Hasenhüttl not because you have watch him when he was at Spurs which clearly you didn't know what KWP's level was when he was at Spurs. What makes you think that Brandon cannot grow like KWP if he joins Southampton under Hasenhüttl then?

Dong Fangzhuo

Would feel better about Williams going to Southampton if they hadn't just signed a LB for relatively big money. Seems like they're just looking for cheap cover.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was an opinion that became widespread fact. An opinion that spread before the window closed that would have been proven ridiculous by the end of that window if they had waited. The media have a bad habit of doing that with our club.
We also tried to sign Bruno that sunmer as well but that was put back, Erikesen was a target as well. it just doesn't add up and is an obvious black mark against our so called sources close to the club.
Its why all our transfer news comes from the other clubs trusted sources. We have none.
Bruno it was reported was close to being done by Romano, Di Marzio etc in the summer of 2019, but the likes of Stone and Ducker said it was untrue and they were proven correct.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think the club may have done some of that because they were protecting themselves from the rumours going around at the time about the effects of brexit on PL teams. Not all of it granted, but perhaps some of the thinking

jesperjaap

It seems like Ole's cultural reboot has been replaced by Murtough's multi-cultural reboot.

The above article mentions how the propensity to sign mostly British players was shelved after the summer of 2019. And how the recruitment team have now hit the sweet spot when it comes to identifying talent.
Bit weird when the last 10 years we have signed 8 British players and about 35 foreigners. And so far this window, 2 English players

Been literally one window where we signed Maguire, James and Bissaka that fits in with this story, so they mention that. Then they mention Cavani as a change....no different to signing Ibrahimovic. We have had massive links with Grealish and RIce as well the last two seasons. Bit of a nonsense story if you ask me.

Its just like peopl equoting stats to suit there own argument.

On a side note, that Rennes top is one of the best football shirts I have seen for a fair while

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bit weird when the last 10 years we have signed 8 British players and about 35 foreigners. And so far this window, 2 English players

Been literally one window where we signed Maguire, James and Bissaka that fits in with this story, so they mention that. Then they mention Cavani as a change....no different to signing Ibrahimovic. We have had massive links with Grealish and RIce as well the last two seasons. Bit of a nonsense story if you ask me.

Its just like peopl equoting stats to suit there own argument.

On a side note, that Rennes top is one of the best football shirts I have seen for a fair while
Simon Stone said it in April 2019 and he was correct. Even the club announced that Ole was conducting a cultural reboot and that was after the Manchester press pack had already relayed the same news.

jesperjaap

I agree, and if you go through my posts over the years i've mentioned that I do favour a British core. But if you have a look at how things are panning out now, then we could end up with a French core (which i don't have a issue with) with players like Pogba, Camavinga, Varane, Mejbri etc.
Personally think its a coincidence, we are just looking for the right players. Either way Henderson, Maguire, Bissaka, McTominay, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood. Our side still very much may have a British core

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think the club may have done some of that because they were protecting themselves from the rumours going around at the time about the effects of brexit on PL teams. Not all of it granted, but perhaps some of the thinking
You could be correct mate. But as far as i'm concerned I didn't have a issue with the strategy of mostly signing British players, as long as they're good enough.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Personally think its a coincidence, we are just looking for the right players. Either way Henderson, Maguire, Bissaka, McTominay, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood. Our side still very much may have a British core
I hope you're right mate, because that strategy died very quickly and the influence of Bout, Court, Lawlor and Murtough seems to be growing.

jesperjaap

Simon Stone said it in April 2019 and he was correct. Even the club announced that Ole was conducting a cultural reboot and that was after the Manchester press pack had already relayed the same news.
I am not a huge reader of English media people but tbh I havent bought in to or believed most of what I have read from English journalists.

In terms of a reboot though the youth signings around then seemed mainly foreign, we had some English youngsters coming through and Bissaka for me was having a huge season that he was an obvious target anyway.

Then just last summer, who were the biggest links to us Bellingham, Grealish, Sancho.

Even if what this journalist has said is factually corrrect as it appears, I am not so convinced it was an actual strategy we took, or one that we have abandoned, more a case of pickign out stats to fit the means, just as there are just as many liek those mentioned which fit the counter argument

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I am not a huge reader of English media people but tbh I havent bought in to or believed most of what I have read from English journalists.

In terms of a reboot though the youth signings around then seemed mainly foreign, we had some English youngsters coming through and Bissaka for me was having a huge season that he was an obvious target anyway.

Then just last summer, who were the biggest links to us Bellingham, Grealish, Sancho.

Even if what this journalist has said is factually corrrect as it appears, I am not so convinced it was an actual strategy we took, or one that we have abandoned, more a case of pickign out stats to fit the means, just as there are just as many liek those mentioned which fit the counter argument
The youth signings were made independently from the first team and were conducted by the likes of Marcel Bout, according to reports, and they were given a seperate budget.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The youth signings were made independently from the first team and were conducted by the likes of Marcel Bout, according to reports, and they were given a seperate budget.
The youth signings are still made with longevity and potential first team integration in mind however.
It's churlish and incorrect to say all youth team signings are independent from the first team.

They may be on a separate budget, but all youth signings are made with longevity and first team potential in mind.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The youth signings are still made with longevity and potential first team integration in mind however.
It's churlish and incorrect to say all youth team signings are independent from the first team.

They may be on a separate budget, but all youth signings are made with longevity and first team potential in mind.
Of course they're made with the first team in mind, but the head of global scouting (Marcel Bout) makes the key decisions independently from the first team manager. It's a different department with a seperate budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.