Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Why does it always have to include Pogba going? if anything those signings would convince Pogba to stay

Why would we not spend £130M net? After the ESL debacle, it seems like the Glazers arw putting their money where their mouth is.

Apparently we want Rice as well as Camavinga
Rice and Camavinga would be overkill, in my opinion.

Apart from the fact that we're a massive club, the only reason I can imagine we'd attract a young player like Camavinga is because of the game time we could possibly give him. Ultimately, if we buy a young player, we want to develop him in the right way.

Having Rice, McT, Fred, Pogba and Camavinga would mean very little game time for the young lad.

Having Pogba, Fred and McT as our main starters in the pivot, with Camavinga coming in every now and again would be ideal.

I'd see it as a similar role to Gilmour for Chelsea, who had Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic ahead of him.

Ironically, Gilmour has joined Norwich on loan, but I guess thats to get the experience Camavinga has already got.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Rice and Camavinga would be overkill, in my opinion.

Apart from the fact that we're a massive club, the only reason I can imagine we'd attract a young player like Camavinga is because of the game time we could possibly give him. Ultimately, if we buy a young player, we want to develop him in the right way.

Having Rice, McT, Fred, Pogba and Camavinga would mean very little game time for the young lad.

Having Pogba, Fred and McT as our main starters in the pivot, with Camavinga coming in every now and again would be ideal.

I'd see it as a similar role to Gilmour for Chelsea, who had Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic ahead of him.

Ironically, Gilmour has joined Norwich on loan, but I guess thats to get the experience Camavinga has already got.
Which is why we aren’t going to sign Rice…. That and the fact that WHU would want around the same fee we paid for Sancho. That’s what signing from rival PL clubs is like

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If the club can pull off Sancho, Varane and Camavinga in with money being made on Pogba out then it has been an excellent window.

jesperjaap

:lol: Alanzinho, what a throwback. He was so good as a #10 in that U-17 WC.

Sadly he hasn’t amounted to much. He hasn’t adapted well to men’s football and he’s still at Palmeiras, but barely makes the matchday squads. He also suffered a couple of injuries but I think there’s a real concern that his size is proving to be too big of an obstacle.
Thats a shame. Him, Quintero and Soteldo and Gouiri are three of my favourite youngsters I have ever seen in youth tournaments. Gouiri still hope for, but none of them have really gone om anywhere near the potential they have showed despite all having huge ability. He was brillian that tournament wasnt he, so much so was surprised Viniscus was the one everyone got linked with. I guess you never know with youngsters do you as I thougth they were all nailed on despite the size of some of them

peridigm

I know it was said here from the very beginning, but do you think him and his agent are using talks with Man Utd to just get as much as he can from RM?
RM are trying to lower their wage bill. I get the Ramos vibes many suspect but this seems different to that. Could be wrong but I think we'll get him. It's no secret we want him and he's reportedly ready for a new challenge. Hopefully Pogba did not make life in Manchester sound all doom and gloom.

Pep's Suit

PSG making some good signings. Maybe Mbappe can sign extension until after the World Cup? Don't think Real have more chances to win CL in next 2 seasons.

lysglimt

Scout
:lol: So he will be for sale this summer.
Every single player in the world is for sale - for the right amount. If someone offered us £160-170 million for Rashford or Greenwood- we would probably say yes. There isn't a single player at Liverpool that Klopp wouldn't sell if they offered £150 million. (at least if it wasn't us who made the bid)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems like Ole's cultural reboot has been replaced by Murtough's multi-cultural reboot.

The above article mentions how the propensity to sign mostly British players was shelved after the summer of 2019. And how the recruitment team have now hit the sweet spot when it comes to identifying talent.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It seems like Ole's cultural reboot has been replaced by Murtough's multi-cultural reboot.

The above article mentions how the propensity to sign mostly British players was shelved after the summer of 2019. And how the recruitment team have now hit the sweet spot when it comes to identifying talent.
The article is mostly dross and barely worth your time to read it.

cyberman

We never went out to mostly sign British players under Ole. That was nonsense then and its nonsense now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We never went out to mostly sign British players under Ole. That was nonsense then and its nonsense now.
Yep. Some ‘cultural reboot’, btw — the two players we have signed so far are both English! ;)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's been reported by Ducker, Stone, Hirst, Luckhurst etc that there was in 2019, before it was abandoned.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
It's been reported by Ducker, Stone, Hirst, Luckhurst etc that there was in 2019, before it was abandoned.
They saw that we signed a bunch of British players one summer and that there were noises coming from the club about a cultural change and they ran with the idea that it was about signing mostly British players. Ole rubbished the idea that year itself saying it was just about more character assessments and was not related to nationality.

We really need to get over this idea that since a bunch of journalists report something it’s factual. Usually it’s a fabrication based on scant evidence and what would sell more.

Reactions: Sultan

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They saw that we signed a bunch of British players one summer and that there were noises coming from the club about a cultural change and they ran with the idea that it was about signing mostly British players. Ole rubbished the idea that year itself saying it was just about more character assessments and was not related to nationality.
They were reporting the news before we had even signed a player in 2019.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
They were reporting the news before we had even signed a player in 2019.
Yes because we were being linked with James, AWB and Maguire that summer. That was immediately proved wrong in the same window when we seriously chased after Dybala and then completely demolished when we signed Bruno in January.

Nero

The saddest part is how many people here lapped it (and still even do) with the whole "Brexit FC". All because of one transfer window where we signed Maguire and AWB.

Lynty

I think it was a quite believable/sensible short term plan - but never in a million years did anyone at the club think it would be a good idea long term, especially when the coach isn't even British himself.

We'd just had a few years worth of mercenary buys and Ole understood we needed a core group of players who truly understood Manchester United's importance in English football, would 'run through walls' for the club and wouldn't be having their heads turned whilst we built a proper squad.

It just so happens, that type of player is more often than not English.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I wanted him to join Southampton. Look at KWP's development, I think Hasenhüttl is perfect man for Brandon's development.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes because we were being linked with Janes, AWB ang Maguire that summer. That was immediately proved wrong in the same window when we seriously chased after Dybala and then completely demolished when we signed Bruno in January.
James, Longstaff, AwB, Aarons, Maguire, Collins etc. And the journos who were reporting this are the most reliable journos when it comes to Man Utd.

Dybala we nearly signed in a opportunistic move from Juve after Inter were having issues signing Lukaku. Fernandes we signed after James Ducker had written a piece saying we abandoned the strategy in question.

And I had no problem signing British players.

Status
Not open for further replies.