Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

This would indicate to me that the player doesn’t actually want to leave at all and his agent is trying to simply scare us to raise an offer.
Could also be aimed towards PSG to get their bid going.

TMS

Anyone else getting the feeling that Pogba would actually quite prefer to stay with United, but just wants to get that De Gea level contract bump? As long as it isn't a ridiculous level contract I'd very much take that, especially if we can get a proper CDM to release him a bit. If he's looking to be the highest paid player in the club I'd say get rid. We already regret the De Gea contract, but if we give a bumper deal to Pogba as well imagine what Bruno and the players who actually perform week in week out will demand. We'll end up in a Barca situation before long.

Nights

Could also be aimed towards PSG to get their bid going.
That would only work if PSG thought Liverpool realistically could pay his wages and the fee Raiola and Pogba’s family would demand. Which clearly they wouldn’t/couldn’t.

Idxomer

Another proof that the circus is created by the fans and the press if anyone is discussing this tweet seriously.

Withnail

This would indicate to me that the player doesn’t actually want to leave at all and his agent is trying to simply scare us to raise an offer. Highly doubt this is a serious proposal at all. Besides, every Liverpool legend is on the television almost every week laying into him, I doubt they would want such a deal and I doubt he has much love for them either.

Souness would lose his shit altogether :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Pogba to Liverpool would be worth it for Souness reaction alone. :lol:

But no, they obviously cannot afford his wages and they have enough players at his age on big money on dwindling resale value. Obviously nonsense story but would have you wondering are they trying to pressure Man Utd into upping the contract offer. Raoila must be desperate.

Dazzmondo

Not taking into account injuries I would say that Bailly is a better defender. The problem is that his brain farts usually end up in a red card or something, he is very rash whereas Lindelofs errors indicate that he’s nervous or just can’t do some basic defending such as heading very well
I’d have neither of them in the actual team, squad at best
Bailly is not a good defender. Bailly is an aggressive defender who likes to tackle but in reality a top defender isn't one who flies out to tackle everyone. Great defenders maintain the shape of the defence and block off angles to shoot on goal, they don't just come rushing out of position when they see an attacker. Bailly rushes forward too often and breaks the line of the defence leaving huge gaps for players to run into, putting us at risk of conceding. Lindelof is actually a good defender who knows how to maintain the shape of a defence and is normally in the right position. Problem with Lindelof is he's just too easily bullied and he's poor in the air (though he actually has improved this compared to his 1st season). Lindelof is a good backup to have, just wasn't good enough to be our starting cb. Bailly is not good enough to play for us and injury prone on top of that.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Pogba to Liverpool would be worth it for Souness reaction alone. :lol:

But no, they obviously cannot afford his wages and they have enough players at his age on big money on dwindling resale value. Obviously nonsense story but would have you wondering are they trying to pressure Man Utd into upping the contract offer. Raoila must be desperate.
Time to make a revised offer to him - wages cut in half

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Bailly is not a good defender. Bailly is an aggressive defender who likes to tackle but in reality a top defender isn't one who flies out to tackle everyone. Great defenders maintain the shape of the defence and block off angles to shoot on goal, they don't just come rushing out of position when they see an attacker. Bailly rushes forward too often and breaks the line of the defence leaving huge gaps for players to run into, putting us at risk of conceding. Lindelof is actually a good defender who knows how to maintain the shape of a defence and is normally in the right position. Problem with Lindelof is he's just too easily bullied and he's poor in the air (though he actually has improved this compared to his 1st season). Lindelof is a good backup to have, just wasn't good enough to be our starting cb. Bailly is not good enough to play for us and injury prone on top of that.
Based on Baillys last season yes I agree. Before that he showed some potential in between injuries. It’s like he has become more rash in a rush to impress and he has regressed.

rashness aside, my personal opinion is that I prefer proactive defenders than ones who dilly dally until it’s too late

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What kind of midfielder is he?
Hes a hard working central midfielder who likes to get on the ball and create, he stood out at WBA last season the few times I saw him. Probably their second best player on the ball but some way behind pereira. He’s a PL standard player for sure but nothing the top clubs will be bothering with anytime soon. He got 2 goals and 2 assists last season in the PL which definitely hints at some promise

DULLAGHAN

I love Raiola. Such a troll.
I would happily sell Pogba and miss out in Halaand to see the back of the troll. The level of disrespect the fat f#*# shows the club isn't acceptable. Take a stand, boycott his players and deal with agents who act professionally and respectfully. The Pogba headlines and Riola bad mouthing the club prior to our crucial championships league matches last year needs to be the last of it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I would happily sell Pogba and miss out in Halaand to see the back of the troll. The level of disrespect the fat f#*# shows the club isn't acceptable. Take a stand, boycott his players and deal with agents who act professionally and respectfully. The Pogba headlines and Riola bad mouthing the club prior to our crucial championships league matches last year needs to be the last of it.
Much as I desliked Raiola's views, weren't the media holding onto those comments for atleast a couple of weeks ?

yamo123x

If Pogba and his entourage are just trying to get a bigger contract then its a clever ploy and will probably work.Afterall we are paying players big wages who will hardly feature, Jones, Mata, etc....

But dealing with that fat anti utd scumbag agent must be incredibly difficult for the club, im so divided on Pogba

Hes a hard working central midfielder who likes to get on the ball and create, he stood out at WBA last season the few times I saw him. Probably their second best player on the ball but some way behind pereira. He’s a PL standard player for sure but nothing the top clubs will be bothering with anytime soon. He got 2 goals and 2 assists last season in the PL which definitely hints at some promise
Thanks, sounds like CP are heading in the right direction. If the loan goes well they'll probably look at making it a permanent move.

DULLAGHAN

Much as I desliked Raiola's views, weren't the media holding onto those comments for atleast a couple of weeks ?
I'm not sure, they may have been. But if Riola didn't show us such blatant disrespect they wouldn't have these sound bites to hold on to

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Maybe I guess. Maybe he's destined for city if they don't get kane. Not sure pogba will be here next summer anyway, and I do think that players running down contracts will become more and more of a thing in the future anyway.
In the current climate, PSG is the only club who would be able to match Raiola's demands IMO. There's no love lost between Guardiola and Raiola. PSG being the only club who can meet Raiola's greed, is funnily a strong leverage for them, as Raiola would've to reduce his demand to generate demand from other clubs.

Yea, agree about most of the signings in the near future being free signing. Wenger called this out quite a few years back, and for all the fun people make about Juve being skint, they've pioneered this since the time of Conte. RM also trying to do it for their marquee signings over the last few years. Unfortunately, the agent's (and players to a smaller extent) greed is going to wreck the feeder clubs' business model.

Status
Not open for further replies.