Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I was just stating what Ducker put into his article. Interestingly, the reputable English journalists reported the fee as up to 55 million Pounds (bonuses included), whilst the German ones reported it as up to 50 million Euros (bonuses included).

They also sold Otamendi, Tosin Adarabioyo, Angeliño, Jack Harrison, and Lukas Nmecha. I'm guessing that figure includes loan fees, too, but Ducker conveniently didn't mention that. Either that, or he seemed to include all of the variable payments into every single outgoing transfer to make that figure look as big as possible. Finally, he could have lied and gotten away with it.
Well thanks for confirming my suspicions whichever the real answer is :lol:

Superden

Scousers gonna have a mass meltdown, citeh have won the net spend trophy by buying a player for 100million.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well thanks for confirming my suspicions whichever the real answer is :lol:
See this. I found an old Tweet where Ducker reported the remaining fees after Sané.
Ducker put his fee at 16 million Pounds according to this Tweet. That Tweet also includes the rest of the fees that add up to 106.4 million Pounds, or the 110 million Pounds that Ducker reported.
So yeah, he may have exaggerated the info or forgot to say that loan fees are included.

Mihai

Neither can Villa. Good luck negotiating with teams that know they have just received £100 Million ( up front too I guess with a release clause...)

Seems incredibly stupid and counterproductive unless they are finished for the summer.
They already spent the money.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ducker seems a bit obsessed in trying to justify City's spending. I'm guessing he's one of the journalists who City butter up?
Didn't the football leaks website state that they have bribed some high profile people in the media to not mention anything related to FFP? I'm sure I remember reading that whether it's true or not I'm sure it was a thing.

AFC NimbleThumb

If Barca are so desperate make him a shareholder, director or give him a portion of the ground. That way he plays for free with payments coming to him from a different source. It's a way around La Liga rules.

Simples!
THIS IS THE FBI, STAY WHERE YOU ARE!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Scamacca + Zapata to help Inter move on from Lukaku
  • Scamacca deal: loan + purchase option
    • Lucien Agoume to go to Sassuolo as part of the deal
  • Andrea Pinamonti could also leave Inter.

Now Scamacca would be an interesting signing. In a sort of similar vein, he doesn't really offer too much outside of the final third, but he somehow scores goals regularly.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The quotes from Luckhurst's article:
Anything from now is a bonus. I have to say that, with the two signings we’ve got, we’ve strengthened where we wanted to strengthen. Let’s see what happens. You never know in football. Anything can happen, ins and outs. Transfer-wise, we’ve done our business early. Raphael hasn’t done his medical yet but that should be okay. I’m very pleased with what we’ve done.

We need a big squad. The start is important, the whole season is important, but you need to arrive in April and May fresh and with enough options. Some might go on loan until Christmas, some might go for a season but I don’t want to be too light in any position.
EDIT: All of the quotes come from Rob Dawson's interview with Ole (added into a later post).

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Leroy Sane transferred to Bayern on July 3rd 2020.

I’m no accountant so am asking sincerely, if his transfer, some 398 days ago, wasn’t counted in 19/20 does that mean the £100mil for Grealish won’t count until next years figures?

At some point their books will surely show a huge red mark or is there some legal way to juggle accounts in a 13 month year?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

The relevant parts:
ESPN: This summer couldn't have gone any better for you, could it?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer:
It depends on how you look at it. Of course, I would have liked to have had a few winners coming back [from the Euros and Copa America], that would have been good. Transfer-wise, we've done our business early. [Varane] hasn't done his medical yet, but that should be OK. I'm very pleased with what we've done.

The transfer window has seemed to go a lot smoother this summer. Did that have anything to do with John Murtough being appointed football director and Darren Fletcher coming in as technical director in March?
OGS:
John and Fletch are doing a very good job. The whole system has worked. We've identified the players early on, and with Jadon, we spoke about him 12 months ago, at least. John and Fletch coming in has been a big plus.

Is there a chance of more signings before the transfer deadline?
OGS:
Anything from now is a bonus. I have to say that with the two signings we've got, we've strengthened where we wanted to strengthen. Let's see what happens. You never know in football. Anything can happen with ins and outs.

Will we see any outgoings before the deadline? Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira and Diogo Dalot are all part of the squad here in Scotland after going out on loan last season...
OGS:
We need a big squad. The start is important, the whole season is important, but you need to arrive in April and May fresh and with enough options. Some might go on loan until Christmas, some might go for a season, but I don't want to be too light in any position.

There seems to be an assumption one of the goalkeepers will leave because you already had David De Gea and Dean Henderson, and you've also brought in Tom Heaton this summer.
OGS:
It depends on the characters you've got and how they gel. It's healthy competition. If you're too comfortable, I don't think you get the best out of yourself. You need an edge, and you need an edge of "if I don't perform, someone else is going to take my place," but it has to be healthy for the team and healthy for the group. If it's toxic and it's energy-sapping that's not great.

Last year, it was a new situation for David and a new situation for Dean. This year, let's see how it works out.

There is speculation again about Paul Pogba's future. He says he wants to win trophies, but do you think the new signings prove to him that United is the place to do it and that he'll extend his contract?
OGS:
I hope every player thinks this is the place to be to win trophies. When you sign for Manchester United, you have to rise to the challenge. Paul has come back and he's fresh, and he's always such a positive boy. The talks I've had with him have all been positive.

Can that make recruitment more difficult here because it's about more than just identifying good players?
OGS:
Yeah, it's about character, that's the difference. There are so many good players out there, but some of them don't handle the pressure. Some do. Some thrive under pressure, some enjoy it. Walking into the dressing room with Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Gary Neville... we challenged each other every day and now we're getting more and more characters in this dressing room as well and they do enjoy being a Man United player.

You have to enjoy it -- if you don't enjoy being a Man United player, you can play somewhere mid-table.

Is that why it's important to be patient in the transfer market? You waited a year to sign Sancho, rather than spending the money to bring in another winger last summer.
OGS:
Definitely, and that's what the club and the owners have been very good at as well. We had an open dialogue where we said OK, if we didn't get him there's no point for me signing someone we don't want when [Sancho], for example, when he becomes available again, we can go and get him. If we had signed someone else then we would have had a right winger.

It's about getting the right characters. I think we proved that last year with Edinson [Cavani]. Bringing him in was so important and he's shown the way for many.

It would have been easy for you to say last summer "just get me a right winger." You also refused to "panic-buy" a striker when Romelu Lukaku left [in 2019].
OGS:
That's been communication and dialogue, and a plan. We know that this is what we need, and it might take a little bit longer, which means there's no point signing someone for the sake of signing someone. Yeah, we brought Odion [Ighalo] in on loan to give Anthony [Martial] a bit of a rest in certain games in that season, but it was important that we did because then Mason [Greenwood] kept developing. You know what you've got and if I suddenly signed someone who blocked the path of a young kid then we've lost a striker or forward in two or three years to come.

I manage for the club. I don't manage for me or the players, I manage for the club, and that's the whole job to do the best for the club and not for me. That will never be me.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Leroy Sane transferred to Bayern on July 3rd 2020.

I’m no accountant so am asking sincerely, if his transfer, some 398 days ago, wasn’t counted in 19/20 does that mean the £100mil for Grealish won’t count until next years figures?

At some point their books will surely show a huge red mark or is there some legal way to juggle accounts in a 13 month year?
Not an accountant either so have no idea how it works but this is what they said in their financial report:

Overall, the Club reported an 11% reduction in revenues (£478.4m); primarily caused by revenue delays relating to just under a quarter of Premier League matches and the latter stages of the UCL and FA Cup. Additionally significant revenues from player sales, such as Leroy Sane to Bayern Munich, were also delayed by the pandemic and do not appear in the 2019-20 accounts.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We're seriously going to be subjected to another season of McFred once Pogba is inevitably out for three (or more with his incoming free agent status) months again.

Cannot wait...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Major development:

For several hours, Leo Messi is in discussions with Paris Saint Germain. Negotiations are underway. PSG are very attentive to the situation in order to find a solution.
EDIT: More info

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Loïc Tanzi, who's the most reliable for PSG news, is also reporting on this.
Messi /PSG : it is a real possibility. [Even] If the financial package is very difficult to achieve, PSG will give it a try.

roseguy64

If Barca are so desperate make him a shareholder, director or give him a portion of the ground. That way he plays for free with payments coming to him from a different source. It's a way around La Liga rules.

Simples!
He'd still not be able to be registered as a player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Messi in negotiations with PSG

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Such a weird obsession with him you have.

And I'm sure if you check other sources that back it up. Get a life.
I'm sorry but to tweet what he did only for it to backfire so quickly was pretty funny.

Mihai

Di Marzio stated that Atalanta are hoping to buy Abraham for 40 million Euros. Steinberg however, mentioned that Chelsea value him at 40 million Pounds.
Ah, fair enough.

As a side note, thank you for your contribution in this thread :smirk:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

This is a big fee for an MLS team, but Busio's incredibly talented. I'll have fun watching him in Serie A.

@WI_Red @MrMarcello @Zaphod2319
Tanner Tessman joined Venzia earlier this summer as well, so we have a few Yanks Italy now :)

This si a good fit for Busio as he is technically excellent but needs to work on the physical side as he gets older.

Sam Vines was announced to Royal Antwerp today so there's another one.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tanner Tessman joined Venzia earlier this summer as well, so we have a few Yanks Italy now :)

Sam Vines was announced to Royal Antwerp today so there's another one.
Yeah, that Vines transfer was a big surprise for me, but he did impress in the Gold Cup. I'd like to have posted a Tweet of that Vines transfer, but I can only do so much given the constraints in this thread.

EDIT: That Vines transfer makes him the 4th MLS player (if I remember correctly) to join the Belgian league in recent years with Mark McKenzie, Kemar Lawrence (now back at Toronto FC), and Michael Murillo all having joined previously.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah, that Vines transfer was a big surprise for me, but he did impress in the Gold Cup. I'd like to have posted a Tweet of that Vines transfer, but I can only do so much given the constraints in this thread.
Yeah, not a big enough transfer. Glad he's getting to Europe, but not sure if its a great move unless he is guaranteed to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.