Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
According to Sky Info, Matheus Cunha is not in the squad against VfL Wolfsburg today

Atlético Madrid is still an option but is currently pursuing other targets. It remains to be seen whether they really put €30m on the table

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

• Vlahovic talked to Simeone about joining Atletico Madrid.
  • Atleti's Vlahovic alternative: Matheus Cunha
  • Fiorentina's Vlahovic replacement: Gianluca Scamacca (value: €30m)

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Atalanta offered €7m for Thorsby, which Sampdoria rejected. They want a higher fee. Atalanta can go for Sofyan Amrabat from Fiorentina instead of they can't get Nandez.

Last edited:

GwilDor

That's not the main role of a winger mate, it's as negative as they come.
Football isn’t what it was in the 90’s mate. All positions have a mix of defensive and attacking attributes (they did in the 90’s aswell ofcourse, but its more of a factor these days imo). Attackers don’t only attack, defenders don’t only defend. You need to look at the whole player. Only players like Messi, Ronaldo etc get a free pass defensively because it is worth it.
Which player is more effective for the whole of the team might well depend on the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent.

GwilDor

How has Martial been unprofessional?
was referring to his defensive work rate in this instance, might have formulated that inaccurately. But point was, if i want someone to do a specific task defensively, like follow the opponents full back, i’d be more confident in James ability to do just that, than Martial. It has been mentioned a lot how Martial was «lazy» in his pressing for example.
That being said, i’m not trying to badmouth Martial, just saying they have different strengths and weaknesses.

Pep's Suit

Good times for these italian clubs. Just Arsenal have 10 players they still have to move so I guess we'll see many, many loan deals in last 2-3 days.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
was referring to his defensive work rate in this instance, might have formulated that inaccurately. But point was, if i want someone to do a specific task defensively, like follow the opponents full back, i’d be more confident in James ability to do just that, than Martial. It has been mentioned a lot how Martial was «lazy» in his pressing for example.
That being said, i’m not trying to badmouth Martial, just saying they have different strengths and weaknesses.
I agree and appreciate the clarification.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Top 3 striker in the world with Lewandowski and Kane (and perhaps Haaland)
Benzema is easily the 2nd best striker itw behind Lewy. He scores more league goals (while outperforming his xG) & creates more key passes per 90 than Kane.

Benzema has arguably the biggest turnaround in history. He went from a meme player with 5 LaLiga goals to become a top 2 striker itw within few seasons.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's been such an amazing signing for Madrid. Arguably the best they've made over the last couple of decades, when you consider the goals he's scored, the trophies he's helped them win, and the length of service he's given them.
Revisionist history at its finest.

Until 18/19 season, Benzema was never seriously rated among the best strikers itw among most people. He only had two 20+ LaLiga goals seasons over 8 seasons in a historically stacked Real Madrid team. Benzema was consistently disrespected while being in the shadows of many teammates. He got little to no credit throughtout Real Madrid's UCL dominance. Many used to say he was an "underachiever", riding on CR7's coattails etc. And if I'm lying, just look what the perception of Benzema was on RedCafe.

- [2019-05-21] Would United fans take Benzema? (Benzema being disrespected while coming off 21 LaLiga goals in his 1st season without Cristiano).
- [2018-07-10] So now what happens to Karim Benzema?
- [2017-08-14] Karim Benzema- 2017-2018 "Performances"

What Benzema has done after his awful 2017-18 season is absolutely remarkable.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think we will let him go, but all window they will not give up on trying to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.