Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Don't quite understand why Man United aren't back in for him at that price. Surely he would prefer to join you over Newcastle, every day.
31 years old might have something to do with it? Newcastle needs him to survive this year.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Don't quite understand why Man United aren't back in for him at that price. Surely he would prefer to join you over Newcastle, every day.
It looks like United are fully committed to bringing in a defensive midfielder first before conducting any other winter transfer activity.

stu_1992

Ok but he was only half a year younger in summer when it was a big story.
The manager and coaching team has changed since then. Maybe Rangnick has no interest. It's possible the technical staff are now (rightly or wrongly) convinced by our right-back options.

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Ok but he was only half a year younger in summer when it was a big story.
I think the only bid that was confirmed from Man Utd was 10M pounds. Then tons of speculation there was a 18M bid, but that was never confirmed by either side.

Red_toad

The manager and coaching team has chnaged since then. Maybe Rangnick has no interest. It's possible the technical staff are now (rightly or wrongly) convinced by our right-back options.
Probably work to a budget and have other priorities. No need for 3 right backs for 1 role when we have 3 midfielders for 2 roles and we don’t control the midfield which creates issues for the defence. Or maybe they’re simply keeping funds for the next manager, who knows…

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Fair enough, of course.
I just happen to not be a big fan of Dalot so I regard it as a position United can well need an addition, but quite clearly the management doesn't regard it quite as an worthwile upgrade, as I said, fair enough.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Didn’t they turn down £30m from us in the summer?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think we ever offered that much money to Atletico Madrid. Atletico Madrid always wanted €40m from us, but we weren't willing to pay that in the summer.
I looked back on articles today and the only confirmed bid from Man Utd was 10M pounds. There was speculation that a second bid of 18M was made, but that was never confirmed by any source.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I looked back on articles today and the only confirmed bid from Man Utd was 10M pounds. There was speculation that a second bid of 18M was made, but that was never confirmed by any source.
Yeah, that's correct. There was nothing in the supposed £18M bid. Our only offer was the £10M one.

stevoc

Didn’t they turn down £30m from us in the summer?
No they apparently wanted £30m and United didn't want to pay more than £15-20m. Just goes to show how the price differs when it's United who want a player.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No they apparently wanted £30m and United didn't want to pay more than £15-20m. Just goes to show how the price differs when it's United who want a player.
Or what it's like having competent people in the negotiations.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Or what happens when a player only has 6 months left on their contract

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Which would make sense as an argument if he wasn't now joining a club whose main feature is that it was just bought by the richest people in the world who are meaning to spend, and has little pulling power else

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I’m going to guess that Newcastle offered him an absolutely silly weekly wage. Considering both our starting wing backs are out for months I would’ve thought we’d be in for Trippier. But he’s probably on north of 200k a week now so even for £12m we didn’t go near him at 31 years old.

stevoc

Which would make sense as an argument if he wasn't now joining a club whose main feature is that it was just bought by the richest people in the world who are meaning to spend, and has little pulling power else
So in your opinion why was the fee only £12m now vs the reported £30m they wanted in the summer?

Cassidy

His contract was automatically extended by 1 year just before the end of last season after appearing for the team more than 20 times.
Fair enough, still 18 months isn't exactly a strong position

Cassidy

So in your opinion why was the fee only £12m now vs the reported £30m they wanted in the summer?
They didnt want to sell in the summer actually, so they said to pay the release clause. Quoting fees is irrelavent, they didn't negotiate at all in the summer

stevoc

Most other clubs have it. We don't. We have dumb and dumber running our transfer negotiations.
Yeah but who is handling their negotiations?

If you don't know no worries I just assumed you knew seeing as you think they are competent.

Though when you think about it if other clubs think/know our negotiators are incompetent wouldn't they ask for a higher fee from United?

Just a thought.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fair enough, still 18 months isn't exactly a strong position
Yeah, which explains why Atletico are looking to move Trippier on and find a replacement, especially since their season's starting to slowly wither away.

On the add-ons, Ornstein reveals that they won't bring potential total up that much higher.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah but who is handling their negotiations?

If you don't know no worries I just assumed you knew seeing as you think they are competent.

Though when you think about it if other clubs think/know our negotiators are incompetent wouldn't they ask for a higher fee from United?

Just a thought.
They did. They wanted us to pay 30m for him. We rightly refused.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yeah, which explains why Atletico are looking to move Trippier on and find a replacement, especially since their season's starting to slowly wither away.

On the add-ons, Ornstein reveals that they won't bring potential total up that much higher.
They did. They wanted us to pay 30m for him. We rightly refused.
IIRC they wanted close to £40M - and there's no such thing as a "United Tax" - Yeah for 12M I'd take Trippier every day of the week

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Atletico didn't lower the price because it's poor Newcastle and not the mighty Man Utd.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Jean-Philippe Mateta is due to have his loan at Palace cut short and join Saint-Etienne this week. Makes sense as if he makes a couple more appearances we have an obligation to buy for £15m.

Seems the two candidates to replace him at Palace are Eddie Nketiah or Borja Mayoral.

Status
Not open for further replies.