Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info over Roma's offer for Maitland-Niles:
  • Purchase option fee: €10m
  • Roma are giving Arsenal 72 hours to decide on this transfer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The plan's for Insigne to finish off his season with Napoli before joining TFC in June.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Veerman (Heerenveen) to PSV. ~6mil + add ons and a sell on clause.

One of the best Dutch midfielders, definitely someone to watch. Technically De Jong esque.

He's replacing Davy Propper (former Brighton) who announced his retirement at just 30.
At his peak he was quite the player. Cites unhappiness.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Read elsewhere that American investor David Blizter stumped the cash as he wants to get an American player to market to a US audience.

There's this tweet.
Interesting fact for you on this, David Blitzer's group also own a 25% share in Crystal Palace and a 97% shareholding in a Belgian second division side called Waasland-Beveren. John Textor, who just invested £90m in to Palace to become a co-owner, also just bought a majority share in Brazilian side Botafogo and is continuing to look at other clubs as well, most recently he was linked with Benfica. They haven't said as much but my guess is that they will look to take advantage of the US and South American markets, move players through Waasland-Beveren if there are work permit issues and then get those players on to Palace/Augsburg (and whoever else they acquire, a Portuguese team like Benfica would make a lot of sense) to eventually sell for big money. Palace signed an American kid in the summer called Jacob Montes and immediately loaned him to Waasland-Beveren, so I guess that's just the start of it for us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Summarised translation:

Also, if given the choice, Coutinho will apparently prefer to move to Arsenal.

RUCK4444

Are we doing anything? The way we are performing we better get a midfielder or two in.
I was thinking this morning that perhaps, just maybe, this shocking form under two managers now will force the clubs hand to go and spend in this January window.

But I doubt it, they've probably written the season off the same as we have as fans and will go again in the summer.

We need that DM to give us some control and belief that we can turn things around, I just don't see this bunch bothering.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Are we doing anything? The way we are performing we better get a midfielder or two in.
I was thinking this morning that perhaps, just maybe, this shocking form under two managers now will force the clubs hand to go and spend in this January window.

But I doubt it, they've probably written the season off the same as we have as fans and will go again in the summer.

We need that DM to give us some control and belief that we can turn things around, I just don't see this bunch bothering.
Besides the Mengi loan, we apparently enquired about Denis Zakaria for a January transfer recently. I wouldn't put much stock into the Julián Álvarez rumours for now. Let's see how this develops.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If it’s 15M euros I’m surprised we aren’t interested. Didn’t we want him but were put off by the fee?
The fee in the summer was way higher than it is now as previously mentioned. That was because he was a more critical piece to the club. Now, though, Atletico are starting to look for a new right back, so they're more willing to let Trippier go.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
A footballer complaining about a hectic football schedule? I know everyone's problem are relative, but I'm sure these footballers should know how lucky they are?

cj_sparky

Seriously how are they pulling this shit off? It's like a cult, they've convinced basically every single player to take a significant pay cut.
I'm pretty sure some of them are simply wage deferrals, reduced money in the short term but getting a payment of the full amount down the line. Some like Pique who had an extra year as an option, now has a contract that expires in that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.