Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I remember the days when Torino were trying to rob any PL club they could for about £100m for this guy.
Yeah, no team from any of the big leagues outside of Italy are showing any interest in him. Even in Italy, there's little interest in Belotti.

It's not like Belotti's gotten worse, either; he's still a good player, just not as hyped up as he used to be.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah, no team from any of the big leagues outside of Italy are showing any interest in him. Even in Italy, there's little interest in Belotti.

It's not like Belotti's gotten worse, either; he's still a good player, just not as hyped up as he used to be.
I always saw it as an attempted robbery back then tbh. He got a few goals I agree (pens and headers mainly if I recall), and could have been worth a punt for a big side - but was never a superstar the way Torino were trying to spin him.

croadyman

No chance Pogba stays, his mind was made up a long time ago. Of the English clubs I could see him at Chelsea, still think PSG will look to plug the Mbappe gap with a big name shirt seller so that's an option.
Well need two starter midfielders then but don't have to cost the earth (Tchouameni & Haidara would be quality). Gives us money to still get a top striker to replace Edi

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I remember the days when Torino were trying to rob any PL club they could for about £100m for this guy.
Conte wanted him at Chelsea, but didn't want to pay 100m, i think they offered around 70m , and of course Torino rejected the offer.

Should have taken it, now they barely can get 50m for Bellotti.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Conte wanted him at Chelsea, but didn't want to pay 100m, i think they offered around 70m , and of course Torino rejected the offer.

Should have taken it, now they barely can get 50m for Bellotti.
Errm, if they can somehow get £50m for him now then they'd have done very well?

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Errm, if they can somehow get £50m for him now then they'd have done very well?
Yes, but i doubt they are many clubs out there who are willing to pay 50m for a 28 years old who has been in poor form for a while.

Torino should have taken the money, when they had their chance.
They rejected a good offer from Chelsea, one from Juventus, and another one from AC Milan, both italian teams offered money+players, but Torino was asking for 100m.

I can see only midtable PL clubs like Villa,Everton, Leicester,etc paying 50m for Belotti.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yes, but i doubt they are many clubs out there who are willing to pay 50m for a 28 years old who has been in poor form for a while.

Torino should have taken the money, when they had their chance.
They rejected a good offer from Chelsea, one from Juventus, and another one from AC Milan, both italian teams offered money+players, but Torino was asking for 100m.

I can see only midtable PL clubs like Villa,Everton, Leicester,etc paying 50m for Belotti.
I know what you mean! I mean that Belotti only has 4 months left on his contract - Torino have been too greedy and now they're probably going to lose him for nothing.

Andrew7582

I know what you mean! I mean that Belotti only has 4 months left on his contract - Torino have been too greedy and now they're probably going to lose him for nothing.
They may not have stayed up in serie a as long they have without his goals though, they only survived by fine margins the past two seasons.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They may not have stayed up in serie a as long they have without his goals though, they only survived by fine margins the past two seasons.
I honestly don't know much about Serie A, but is Belotti even that prolific? Surely they could have banked the £70m and purchased a player to replace him?

Andrew7582

I honestly don't know much about Serie A, but is Belotti even that prolific? Surely they could have banked the £70m and purchased a player to replace him?
I don't think there was ever a genuine £70 million offer on the table, just paper talk. Maybe Torino should have sold when his stock was high but he wouldn't have been easy to replace for a small club like Torino and they could have gone down without him. Also, Belotti does more than just score goals, he works his bollocks off the team in and out of possession and is the team captain and leader.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don't think there was ever a genuine £70 million offer on the table, just paper talk. Maybe Torino should have sold when his stock was high but he wouldn't have been easy to replace for a small club like Torino and they could have gone down without him. Also, Belotti does more than just score goals, he works his bollocks off the team in and out of possession and is the team captain and leader.
I understand your points, and you're most likely correct, but smaller clubs generally rely on their scouting system and having the opportunity to sell a player for £60+ shouldn't be missed, now they're losing that asset for nothing and are in the same boat anyway.

ReallyUSA

Didn't his form fall off a mountain the next year? Like 25 goals to like 8.

I always felt bad for him during this time. Owner priced him out just to lose him anyways, and now he will see a fraction of what he could have got.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Didn't his form fall off a mountain the next year? Like 25 goals to like 8.

I always felt bad for him during this time. Owner priced him out just to lose him anyways, and now he will see a fraction of what he could have got.
He's been out of numerous matches due to injuries, so he's not been as key a player for them as he used to be. Selfishly, I'm hoping that Toronto FC are still interested in him, but since Di Marzio's report a couple of months back, there's barely been any Belotti talk in the media (social or otherwise).

ReallyUSA

He's been out of numerous matches due to injuries, so he's not been as key a player for them as he used to be. Selfishly, I'm hoping that Toronto FC are still interested in him, but since Di Marzio's report a couple of months back, there's barely been any Belotti talk in the media (social or otherwise).
I am highly jealous of TFC. I half-heartedly support San Jose, and our owner wouldn't even dare to give Belotti's agent a call. I hope he does come to the MLS, I always like players who still have a bit left come over. I was happy to banter Ibra when he was here.

Andrew7582

I understand your points, and you're most likely correct, but smaller clubs generally rely on their scouting system and having the opportunity to sell a player for £60+ shouldn't be missed, now they're losing that asset for nothing and are in the same boat anyway.
What you're saying makes sense, I am just trying to give a different perspective. They could have sold him a few years ago and got relegated afterwards and still be stuck in serie b now. We don't know for sure what would have happened but I don't think it's correct to paint it as an all around bad decision keeping him when he's been a very important player for them has remained professional all the way through.

Reactions: mazhar13

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
What you're saying makes sense, I am just trying to give a different perspective. They could have sold him a few years ago and got relegated afterwards and still be stuck in serie b now. We don't know for sure what would have happened but I don't think it's correct to paint it as an all around bad decision keeping him when he's been a very important player for them has remained professional all the way through.
Definitely think we agree that there's certainly two ways to have gone about it, which is obviously true, but ith fundamentally different opinions on what would have been best.

I understand your point completely, and they could have gone down, but they could also have found a cheap £5-10m striker and sold Belotti for £70m - hindsight is a wonderful thing, the only thing I'm saying is that they're now in a position of having to replace him and his goals with no transfer fee - essentially they've kicked the can down the road and they've probably come up worse off, unless they manage to convince him to sign a new deal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The full quote from the source:
I like the fact I was born in Madrid, but at the end of the day, it's just a city. Now I feel as if I'm from Manchester; I just feel like anyone else from Manchester. Where you are loved and welcomed is your home. I've been here for many years and, obviously, anything can happen in life, in the world of football, but honestly I don't see myself away from Manchester United.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Also in the article, Leicester's head of senior recruitment Lee Congerton will be joining Atalanta. Rodgers will be consulted for the head's replacement.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Gerard Deulofeu, seven goals and two assists so far in Serie A. He is the leader of Udinese and has a contract until 2024. Milan, Napoli, Fiorentina and Roma have him on the radar, he may be an option for next season. Price: between 15 and 20 million [Euros].

ti vu

Source (includes Tobi Altschäffl):
If they can't pay that, let's hope we come in. That's affordable fee IMO for a forward, which should still leave us the budget for that midfielder signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.