Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Hopefully some of the folks on here, who reckoned he'd have had our lot challenging for the title if he'd come in after Ole, can email him and cheer him up.
Will hold my hands up and admit I didn't expect him to drop off this quick

Varun1

Manchester United are pushing to sign Manuel Akanji, as already reported. The Swiss defender (who has rejected a #BVB offer) is @ManUtd fan and dreams of the Prem League. According to Bild Red Devils have made a concrete offer now: 4-y-contract, €15m salary. Price tag: €30m.
That can't be for real, that's £240k/week gross!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That can't be for real, that's £240k/week gross!
It'll likely be less than that but it'll probably be potrayed that he wanted a high salary hence we had to let him go. Dortmund have also signed Sule.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

More than happy to take that pay off though.

If he were that worried about fleecing them he'd quit, these football people are getting annoying, or maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I do actually quite like Akanji, I think he'd be a good addition to the squad. While Varane and Lindelof aren't perfect, it'd be genuinely difficult to upgrade on either of them without blowing a huge chunk of our transfer budget, which is why I suspect we're aiming for a quieter option like Akanji. Probably an indicator that Jones is off in summer as well, possibly Bailly too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I do actually quite like Akanji, I think he'd be a good addition to the squad. While Varane and Lindelof aren't perfect, it'd be genuinely difficult to upgrade on either of them without blowing a huge chunk of our transfer budget, which is why I suspect we're aiming for a quieter option like Akanji. Probably an indicator that Jones is off in summer as well, possibly Bailly too.
Agreed mate.

We can't go out there and splash huge money on a CB in our current predicament and the amount we've wasted on the position means we have to look at cheaper alternatives if we want to transition from a reactive low/mid block approach to a more imposing front foot approach. Akanji definitely fits the profile in that regard and could be a interesting capture.

youmeletsfly

The only angle I see this positive is the one in which Akanji comes in and Maguire fecks off.
Akanji looks quite a good player by the way.

saivet

I don't particularly rate him all that highly but given the price, a decent squad option to have. Certainly better having him in the squad than Jones or Bailly and possibly an upgrade on Lindelof or Maguire, though I'm not fully convinced he would be.

Matst1

I don't particularly rate him all that highly but given the price, a decent squad option to have. Certainly better having him in the squad than Jones or Bailly and possibly an upgrade on Lindelof or Maguire, though I'm not fully convinced he would be.
How much have you seen him play? ive never heard of him

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Cadena Ser
  • Real Madrid want to focus on Mbappé for this summer.
  • Madrid want to convince Haaland to stay at Dortmund for one more season before joining them in the summer of 2023.
  • As a result, Manchester City are now favourites to sign Haaland.
    • One of five clubs to submit an offer to Haaland
  • Haaland will meet with Raiola on Friday to discuss the offers.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I was about to make the same comment but maybe that's over the 4 years? We are not even paying Varane this much.
€300K per week???
SportWitness have stated that the €15m is an annual salary, which is hard to believe. There's no way United would pay him that much, especially since he's not joining as a free agent.

saivet

How much have you seen him play? ive never heard of him
I used to watch a lot of Dortmund while Sancho was there and while I was focussing more on Sancho and Haaland, not been that impressed by him. This isn't to say I think he's shite but I wouldn't expect much of him if we were to sign him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
So weird how managers are seen as sort of consultants nowadays who either deliver the work asked of them or fail to, and certain things seem outside of their scope. Conte doesn’t feel like he gives 2 shits about Spurs.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Why do Bayern need to be a selling club? Their revenues are super high aren’t they?
Why does it matter? They're being smart by investing in German talent and tapping up the likes of Dortmund and Schalke year after year.
Taking on adverse risk in today's transfer market seems to be unwise given the political and economic climate.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why do Bayern need to be a selling club? Their revenues are super high aren’t they?
Basically, they can't afford to pay the super-high fees and salaries that currently exist in the market. I think recent contract negotiations involving Zahavi (Alaba, Neuer, Lewandowski) has burned them out, and then there's the Süle situation.

This doesn't mean that they'll stop looking for talented players or try to retain them, but they won't necessarily pay the top dollar for them.

croadyman

• Madrid want to convince Haaland to stay at Dortmund for one more season before joining them in the summer of 2023.
Just take him there Mino and we can then focus on finding someone else. We know you are out to screw Utd much as possible

ti vu

Doesn't make sense because of supposed release clause for this summer.

Mbappe would receive a huge signing bonus, but to the extend that make buying Haaland summer 2023 more affordably?

ti vu

Basically, they can't afford to pay the super-high fees and salaries that currently exist in the market. I think recent contract negotiations involving Zahavi (Alaba, Neuer, Lewandowski) has burned them out, and then there's the Süle situation.

This doesn't mean that they'll stop looking for talented players or try to retain them, but they won't necessarily pay the top dollar for them.
Quite ironic since they got many of these players on a cheap, free transfer. They barely made some expensive transfer for the like of Thiago, Lucas, Martinez, Sane, Upamecano, Renato Sanchez, Vidal, Robben, Ribery, Hummels, Tolisso,Benatia... Signing like Alphonso Davies, Douglas Costa, Pavard were cheap for the market rate at the time. And look at those players, Bayern signed them at good age too.

So there is no news apart from confirmation that Bayern is adopting Juventus "every player has a price" policy, to prevent the karma of players running down contract and leaving for free.

Last edited:

sparx99

Even if we sold Jones and Bailly we have Tuanzebe to return and Mengi coming through.

Assuming Varane, Lindelof, Maguire are here to stay wouldn't it make as much sense to just keep Tuanzebe (who is homegrown as well) as the 4th choice? Or is Akanji that much better that he could push his way into contention?

Varun1

Even if we sold Jones and Bailly we have Tuanzebe to return and Mengi coming through.

Assuming Varane, Lindelof, Maguire are here to stay wouldn't it make as much sense to just keep Tuanzebe (who is homegrown as well) as the 4th choice? Or is Akanji that much better that he could push his way into contention?
Must be BS. At this stage we won't be spending 30m on a 3rd/4th choice CB unless we think he'll start ahead of Varana and Maguire.

Daonico

I don't know about Mengi, but Tuanzebe has been completely underwhelming for me, besides seeming to have problem with injuries too (how is he doing this season?) I would let him leave too unless we need him for the HG quota
With that into accound, I wouldn't mind a new defender... no idea if Akanji is good though

saivet

He's much better than Tuanzebe and I think it's possible he could push his way into contention.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
SportWitness have stated that the €15m is an annual salary, which is hard to believe. There's no way United would pay him that much, especially since he's not joining as a free agent.
BVB are reportedly offering 10m already so it would have to be more than that.

sparx99

I don't know about Mengi, but Tuanzebe has been completely underwhelming for me, besides seeming to have problem with injuries too (how is he doing this season?) I would let him leave too unless we need him for the HG quota
With that into accound, I wouldn't mind a new defender... no idea if Akanji is good though
Yeah, I’m not saying Tuanzebe is a world beater. But if it’s to replace Baillys role I’m fine with him. If we are trying to replace Maguire and push everyone down a notch on the depth chart then I don’t think Akanji is that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.