Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@mazhar13 Have you found this anywhere else? Looked on the Daily Mail’s website and couldn’t find this report. Is that Twitter account making stuff up again?
That's what I'm thinking. I spent a good bit of time looking through various United and football articles on the Daily Mail's site yesterday, and none of them had any snippet stating this. There are two possibilities: either this is fake news (mufcmpb don't tend to make up stuff, but never say never), or this was in a newspaper.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Update on the prospective buyers:
  • Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss is one of four potential buyers.
  • New-York-based bank Raine in charge of selling Chelsea
  • Abramovich wants ~£4B for Chelsea.
    • Expect bids around £2B.
    • Club debt to Abramovich: £1.51B
  • Bids must be made by the end of the week.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I’ve asked one connected friend in Turin what’s going on with De Ligt… he says that MDL and his gf are really really happy in Turin and he would like to stay, provided that the ongoing rebuild is high level enough and he signs a new, improved contract aimed at making him the defending cornerstone of the club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
  • Mateu Alemany's in London at the moment.
  • Christensen has no intention to renew with Chelsea.
  • Barcelona are very optimistic about signing Christensen.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I’ve asked one connected friend in Turin what’s going on with De Ligt… he says that MDL and his gf are really really happy in Turin and he would like to stay, provided that the ongoing rebuild is high level enough and he signs a new, improved contract aimed at making him the defending cornerstone of the club.
Could this explain why Gerard Romero linked him to Barcelona? It seems like there could be doubts about whether Juventus would return to that level especially given their aging back line at the moment.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This will be an interesting situation to follow:
  • West Ham will be unable to pay CSKA Moscow further installments due to the current sanctions.
  • This matter may go up to FIFA.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
At this moment, sources rule out the possibility that Sergi Roberto ends up in the MLS next year. The subject of the renewal with Barça continues as we told it weeks ago: difficult, but open.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I don't know if improving the personnel would be enough given that the system itself demands a ton from the centre backs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Roman Abramovich is selling the club.
I would like to address the speculation in media over the past few days in relation to my ownership of Chelsea FC. As I have stated before, I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the Club, as I believe this is in the best interest of the Club, the fans, the employees, as well as the Club’s sponsors and partners.

The sale of the Club will not be fast-tracked but will follow due process. I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Please know that this has been an incredibly difficult decision to make, and it pains me to part with the Club in this manner. However, I do believe this is in the best interest of the Club.

I hope that I will be able to visit Stamford Bridge one last time to say goodbye to all of you in person. It has been a privilege of a lifetime to be part of Chelsea FC and I am proud of all our joint achievements. Chelsea Football Club and its supporters will always be in my heart.

Thank you,

Roman
EDIT: Summary in Tweet form

Teja

Am I reading that right? He's going to donate the 2bn or whatever he ends up with as a profit to Ukraine? Props to him if that's true.

He bought it for $140M or something which is tiny by today's standards.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Am I reading that right? He's going to donate the 2bn or whatever he ends up with as a profit to Ukraine? Props to him if that's true.
The statement doesn't necessarily make it exclusive to Ukraine, but the "victims" part does imply that they will be the main beneficiaries. I wonder if Russians who've been jailed or persecuted as part of the protests will also be given some of the proceeds.

Teja

The statement doesn't necessarily make it exclusive to Ukraine, but the "victims" part does imply that they will be the main beneficiaries. I wonder if Russians who've been jailed or persecuted as part of the protests will also be given some of the proceeds.
If we stereotype him as a typical Hollywood billionaire supervillain types, he'll turn around and create a charity that he controls, donate the proceeds to his charity and then will proceed to do something shady with that money (e.g., awarding inflated contracts to firms he controls to do basic stuff like building roads.)

The statement at face value seemed honest, let's see.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I still think they’ll struggle to get to latter stages of the CL. La Liga is terrible at the moment.

in fairness though they’re doing a lot of business quickly. A proper rebuild. Can’t imagine United doing that.
United take their time in identifying proper players with immense footballing IQ and ability. They just dont go out and sign anyone like small clubs do. Proper scouting, analysis of players, statistics is what they rely on. How do you think Utd ended up with top quality players in Fred, Maguire and AwB? Can't imagine clubs like Barca pulling off those sort of deals. A proper rebuild takes decades, not a couple of seasons.

Idxomer

Sorry but :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is it too much to ask to expect Lee Grant to earn a penny of his £30,000 a week wage?
Considering he has been helping out as a coach, whilst getting his coaching badges, and was given a contract extension to do just that, I'd say he is doing a fine job and deserving of the wage he picks up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More from the interview:

Real Madrid's perspective:

The article's written by José Félix Díaz, who's reliable for Real Madrid news.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The Barcelona perspective is more optimistic, however:
  • Barring any late twists, both Kessié and Christensen should become new Barcelona players this summer.
  • Christensen prefers to move to Barcelona over Bayern Munich.
  • On Kessié, Barcelona are at the final stages.
    • Negotiations over the commission to the agents & intermediaries
  • On Azpilicueta, Barcelona are confident that Chelsea won't stand in the player's way even if they trigger a contract extension.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Marca (Luis F. Rojo; article in English)

The Marca article mainly focuses on Christensen, but the last sentence covers Araujo's situation and links him to both Chelsea and Manchester United. This fleeting mention (along with prior one-sided links from the Barcelona journalists) makes me think that Araujo's agent is possibly using both Chelsea and Manchester United to get his client the best possible deal from Barcelona.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Marcelo was speaking in "El Hormiguero", a Spanish TV show. The revelant quotes from Marcelo on his future:
I'm calm. This is my club. I have the idea of playing until my son grows up so that I can play with him, and I want to keep going at a high level.

I'm not thinking too far ahead. Everything comes to an end. I'd like to retire here, but it's not up to me to make the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.