Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nico and Sule is going to be pretty good going into next season. An issue will be back-ups given that Sule doesn't have a great injury record and Akanji will likely be sold. Hummels won't accept a back-up role as well right?

Zagadou is only left, he himself is injured more often than not.
Zagadou will most likely be let go at the end of the season. Hummels reportedly lobbied for Süle's transfer and accepts that it's better for him if he doesn't have to play every single minute.
The club got a promising CB from PSG's welfare program academy in Coulibaly last summer, he's likely ready to be part of the first team. Ideally the club would sign another CB, but they also need to invest in other positions, so a lot could depend on whether Can gets sold and whether Rose wants to play with a back three frequently.

Crick

Yes. Have you not been following. He wants to be included in all ins, exits and contract renewals.
We have a huge squad of around 39 players with a massive wages bill of around £380m. 25 players, plus he who can't be named plus 8 on loan, plus around 5 kids who could be part of the squad. Some decisions can be made before he gets here or at best it's a quick phonecall.

DOF: Do you have any objections to us selling Jones, Bailly and Tuanzebe?
EtH: Who? Have they played for that last 2 years?
DOF: No.
EtH: Get rid and we can put the cash towards buy the first team players we need.

We have far more important issues to resolve than those 3 players.

Crick

That would probably also mean Akanji's transfer to an English club is all but agreed, since they probably need the money they get for him to pay for Schlotterbeck.
I hope this isn't us making the wrong decision again. Buy Schlotterbeck. Left footed, aggressive, steps forward instead of back, strong, good in the air, good passing, happy under pressure and fairly quick. Yeah lets pass and buy Akanji as a 4th choice right footed back up for 30m and a massive wage.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I hope this isn't us making the wrong decision again. Buy Schlotterbeck. Left footed, aggressive, steps forward instead of back, strong, good in the air, good passing, happy under pressure and fairly quick. Yeah lets pass and buy Akanji as a 4th choice right footed back up for 30m and a massive wage.
Doesn't want to leave Germany.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Schlotterbeck supposedly doesn't want to leave Germany and might not want to be a backup either.
Akanji could be a terrific signing if he gets his injuries under control and doesn't fall into old habits mentally.

Red_toad

That would probably also mean Akanji's transfer to an English club is all but agreed, since they probably need the money they get for him to pay for Schlotterbeck.
My muppet dream is crushed, was hoping (even though he doesn't want to leave Germany) that we'd at least give it a go at selling life in Manchester to him :annoyed:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We have a huge squad of around 39 players with a massive wages bill of around £380m. 25 players, plus he who can't be named plus 8 on loan, plus around 5 kids who could be part of the squad. Some decisions can be made before he gets here or at best it's a quick phonecall.

DOF: Do you have any objections to us selling Jones, Bailly and Tuanzebe?
EtH: Who? Have they played for that last 2 years?
DOF: No.
EtH: Get rid and we can put the cash towards buy the first team players we need.

We have far more important issues to resolve than those 3 players.
Except maybe he may rate one of them....

Crick

Schlotterbeck supposedly doesn't want to leave Germany and might not want to be a backup either.
Akanji could be a terrific signing if he gets his injuries under control and doesn't fall into old habits mentally.
He wouldn't be a back up. We need a first choice left footed, left sided centre back. Preferably one who is ready for the next step up and to be ready in 2 years time when of our current CB's will be around 30 and very passive. EtH wants aggressive ball playing CB's. If he could find ones like Timber and Martinez but who are taller that would help stop the small weakness in those two. I think that one could be Schlotterbeck. It's a shame he won't leave Germany. I would love him to ask and for him to turn us down though.

Why wouldn't he be back up? Maguire isn't good enough, Varane is injury prone, Jones is Jones. Lindelof and Bailly prefer not to play left side. Our focus for the next 3 windows should be on getting two left footed, left sided centre backs. Schollterbeck and NDicka are both on the last year of their contracts and will cost €20-25m and would probably want lowish wages. This all be harder if EtH wants Timber now but it shouldn't stop us getting two lefties.

We just don't need Akanji. It's too high a risk with the injuries and the cost with the wages. I see him as more of what we already have.

sparx99

He wouldn't be a back up. We need a first choice left footed, left sided centre back. Preferably one who is ready for the next step up and to be ready in 2 years time when of our current CB's will be around 30 and very passive. EtH wants aggressive ball playing CB's. If he could find ones like Timber and Martinez but who are taller that would help stop the small weakness in those two. I think that one could be Schlotterbeck. It's a shame he won't leave Germany. I would love him to ask and for him to turn us down though.

Why wouldn't he be back up? Maguire isn't good enough, Varane is injury prone, Jones is Jones. Lindelof and Bailly prefer not to play left side. Our focus for the next 3 windows should be on getting two left footed, left sided centre backs. Schollterbeck and NDicka are both on the last year of their contracts and will cost €20-25m and would probably want lowish wages. This all be harder if EtH wants Timber now but it shouldn't stop us getting two lefties.

We just don't need Akanji. It's too high a risk with the injuries and the cost with the wages. I see him as more of what we already have.
Why the obsession with left footed? Does any top team team actually have left footed centre backs? Chiellini I guess, Kimpembe but after that I’m struggling.

I like Bastoni though. I think he would be amazing under ETH.

Crick

Why the obsession with left footed? Does any top team team actually have left footed centre backs? Chiellini I guess, Kimpembe but after that I’m struggling.

I like Bastoni though. I think he would be amazing under ETH.
I don't like a right footer playing left centre back as their body shape is always side on rather than facing forward. It means they are blind to the right winger or right back coming in over their left shoulder with a free run. Maguire is really obvious in this. His lack of pace makes it hard to recover ground once he has realised.

Lefties also usually move left instinctively so they drive the opponent away from goal towards the wing or corner flag. Righties tend to go right and allow the player towards goal or open a passing lane inside to the centre of the goal and a possible shot.

Offensively lefties also open up the passing options when playing out from the back. We tend to always play to the right side with long passes as we have no lefties at centre back. Only Fred and Shaw tend to pass long/quickly to the right side meaning they need to play deeper to help the centre backs play. Maguire, Varane and Lindleof tend to go via the right back slowing down the speed of play on the right allowing the opposition to set. I think it's one of the reasons why Sancho, Rashford, Elanga all prefer to play on the left. They don't get quality balls early enough when on the right. They get lots via the right back or slow floaty passes.

Plus I like a balanced side with as many left footers as possible. Teams mostly consist of right footed players so lefties in a side gives you different angles and shapes to passes. Lefties generally tend to be more creative and off the cuff than righties but that's more subjective and is an open debate.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Sounds pretty far fetched, but would of course be interesting.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info on the potential Schlotterbeck transfer from Sky:

Freiburg want €25M, but Dortmund only want to pay €20M according to the quoted Sven Tweet.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I was initially not going to post this as I was kind of unsure on the reliability, but given the German presence at United, these little leaks may make more sense:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
More info on the potential Schlotterbeck transfer from Sky:

Freiburg want €25M, but Dortmund only want to pay €20M according to the quoted Sven Tweet.
€20m fee, less than half of what Akanji demands in wages. "I want to stay in Germany" truly are magic words. :lol:

IrishMcD

I was initially not going to post this as I was kind of unsure on the reliability, but given the German presence at United, these little leaks may make more sense:

So many player similar, or better, than Philips to be found around Europe for much less than what it would cost to get him out of Leeds. Really hope there is nothing in this. Not good enough in my opinion but even if I thought he was, and I know plenty think Philips is quality, the price it will cost to get him from Leeds is not worth it when there are similar ( or better in my view) players to be got much cheaper.

sparx99

So many player similar, or better, than Philips to be found around Europe for much less than what it would cost to get him out of Leeds. Really hope there is nothing in this. Not good enough in my opinion but even if I thought he was, and I know plenty think Philips is quality, the price it will cost to get him from Leeds is not worth it when there are similar ( or better in my view) players to be got much cheaper.
He's just another Fred or McTominay. I don't buy those transfer links at all. I don't mind a hard-working runner in the middle of the park but we are crying out for a playmaker or a defensively disciplined midfielder.

sparx99

I don't like a right footer playing left centre back as their body shape is always side on rather than facing forward. It means they are blind to the right winger or right back coming in over their left shoulder with a free run. Maguire is really obvious in this. His lack of pace makes it hard to recover ground once he has realised.

Lefties also usually move left instinctively so they drive the opponent away from goal towards the wing or corner flag. Righties tend to go right and allow the player towards goal or open a passing lane inside to the centre of the goal and a possible shot.

Offensively lefties also open up the passing options when playing out from the back. We tend to always play to the right side with long passes as we have no lefties at centre back. Only Fred and Shaw tend to pass long/quickly to the right side meaning they need to play deeper to help the centre backs play. Maguire, Varane and Lindleof tend to go via the right back slowing down the speed of play on the right allowing the opposition to set. I think it's one of the reasons why Sancho, Rashford, Elanga all prefer to play on the left. They don't get quality balls early enough when on the right. They get lots via the right back or slow floaty passes.

Plus I like a balanced side with as many left footers as possible. Teams mostly consist of right footed players so lefties in a side gives you different angles and shapes to passes. Lefties generally tend to be more creative and off the cuff than righties but that's more subjective and is an open debate.
I see the benefit but it's hardly held teams back over the years has it? Vidic, Van Dijk, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Terry etc all played LCB. The key is quality not necessarily footedness.

I can see if you were scouting say Jules Kounde and Pau Torres that they carry a similar fee you may say 'Torres is left-footed so he gets the nod' but its just one factor in the scheme of things.

The key thing to help out our goalkeeper, centre backs or right-back is to have better players and eventually weed out the weak links. Passes from Maguire to Fred and McTominay often come back with a poor touch or heavy pass etc. Between Maguire, AWB, Fred & McTominay we have way too many players with a poor touch and tendency to panic under pressure. Added to that is Pogba who dithers and Bruno is wasteful and the problem is clearly structure and personnel and not just a lack of left-footers.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Seems like BvB are only mouthy publicly when it comes to United. For the rest of the teams interested in their players, they bend over silently and without a word.
a) it's called a release clause
b) City are probably paying up
c) City do their business at an appropriate time and not at the last minute

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Seems like BvB are only mouthy publicly when it comes to United. For the rest of the teams interested in their players, they bend over silently and without a word.
They were similarly mouthy about both Aubameyang and Dembélé. In contrast, they said nothing against us when they sold Sancho to us besides the constant reminders in 2020 about a lack of an offer from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.