Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's why the current players are not trying or don't seem to care, they know their career is over at this club
He's also talked about how United lost not because of their mentality but because of their lack of quality. He's already calling out the players for not being good enough, so don't be surprised if our season ends miserably.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It definitely seems that way, doesn't it? I guess he's committed to working at improving United but doing so as a self-employed person rather than as a United employee.
I guess he feels like his reputation is now on the line. Not really had the impact as a manager but I'm sure he'll be hoping he can help when he goes upstairs.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
He's also talked about how United lost not because of their mentality but because of their lack of quality. He's already calling out the players for not being good enough, so don't be surprised if our season ends miserably.
Agree with that. And actually I'm glad he is playing this current crop instead of the youngsters. Let them own the mess that they have created!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
To be honest, I don't really care about this season anymore, it's clear the players don't. I'm just looking forward to seeing a lot of them feck off and we can start from scratch with ETH.

pacifictheme

To be honest, I don't really care about this season anymore, it's clear the players don't. I'm just looking forward to seeing a lot of them feck off and we can start from scratch with ETH.
Agree with that. And actually I'm glad he is playing this current crop instead of the youngsters. Let them own the mess that they have created!
Feel the same.

Crick

I see the benefit but it's hardly held teams back over the years has it? Vidic, Van Dijk, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Terry etc all played LCB. The key is quality not necessarily footedness.

I can see if you were scouting say Jules Kounde and Pau Torres that they carry a similar fee you may say 'Torres is left-footed so he gets the nod' but its just one factor in the scheme of things.

The key thing to help out our goalkeeper, centre backs or right-back is to have better players and eventually weed out the weak links. Passes from Maguire to Fred and McTominay often come back with a poor touch or heavy pass etc. Between Maguire, AWB, Fred & McTominay we have way too many players with a poor touch and tendency to panic under pressure. Added to that is Pogba who dithers and Bruno is wasteful and the problem is clearly structure and personnel and not just a lack of left-footers.
I didn't say it was, just who I would prefer we targeted to replace them and why. I think it will also be important to Ten Hag who seems to love lefties too. Don't get me started on De Gea and the issues he gives the side. Lets just say people are finally starting to realise how many of the first 11 need replacing.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Schlotterbeck supposedly doesn't want to leave Germany and might not want to be a backup either.
Akanji could be a terrific signing if he gets his injuries under control and doesn't fall into old habits mentally.
Sounds like he’ll fit right into or back line. Or, you know just a silly idea, we could buy a player that can actually do the job he’s employed to do.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Oh no, how will we ever pick up these hidden gems like Maguire, AWB, Sancho and Varane! Luckily he's already told us about Rice and Tchouameni before he left. PHEW!

I'm just kidding, he probably hasn't a clue about Tchouameni.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Marca (Mario Cortegana; José Félix Díaz); article in English

The article also refers to Eder Militão's renewal might play a part in their willingness to bring in Rüdiger. He's expected to get a large salary increase given his level of performances.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Oliver Skipp agreed on a new contract with a £50k/week salary
  • The 6 new players
    • Centre back (Gleison Bremer)
    • Right wing-back (Wilfried Singo)
    • Two midfielders
      • Christian Eriksen for free
      • Youri Tielemans (certain people in the club have doubts over him)
    • Forward
    • Reserve goalkeeper (Sam Johnstone for free)
  • Currently, Spurs have 16 players who'll count as foreign in a UEFA club competition squad
    • 19 if the loan players come back to the club (Bryan Gil, Lo Celso, Ndombele)
  • Signing new midfielders would push Harry Winks out of the club.
  • Spurs will listen to bids for Joe Rodon.

ti vu

• Oliver Skipp agreed on a new contract with a £50k/week salary
  • The 6 new players
    • Centre back (Gleison Bremer)
    • Right wing-back (Wilfried Singo)
    • Two midfielders
      • Christian Eriksen for free
      • Youri Tielemans (certain people in the club have doubts over him)
    • Forward
    • Reserve goalkeeper (Sam Johnstone for free)
  • Currently, Spurs have 16 players who'll count as foreign in a UEFA club competition squad
    • 19 if the loan players come back to the club (Bryan Gil, Lo Celso, Ndombele)
  • Signing new midfielders would push Harry Winks out of the club.
  • Spurs will listen to bids for Joe Rodon.
Sound like Harry Kane is not moving if their homegrown situation is this bad.

Shame that Conte is not looking at our deadwood this time around. :(

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Exactly the type of low cost, right culture, known quantity squad player we need to be looking at. If RR is correct and we are looking at 6+ signings. This guy wouldn’t cost the world and is an upgrade on what we have available.
Would be a sensible signing for most PL clubs if he wanted to leave Germany. Only played 3 full games this season...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Voetbal International via Soccer News

Chong on being involved with United next season:
Always with the thought: succeed at Manchester United. If that does not work, then it must be at the highest level for me. What this is, will then have to be seen. They have lifted the option in my contract, they see all my matches, and in the talks I’ve had with Darren Fletcher, technical director, it appears that they are satisfied with my development. They also really want me to rejoin them in the preparation for next season.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
surely they would want to show why they should stay. Bottlers.
Even if they are on their way our, they should be trying to impress other teams. If they have taken their foot off the gas, they deserve to play in the Turkish league.

Status
Not open for further replies.