Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

Seems like Varane and Sancho are the deals the club is working on? Hopefully they come concrete soon
I can categorically tell you we will be linked with both all summer and won’t get either, whilst all other clubs around us hoover up decent options.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I think a couple of Premier League clubs were interested in Simy, too, so they've got some added competition with three Italian clubs going after him.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Right? But if the release clause is 100M then that's his value on their balance sheet isn't it? Crooked as feck, Barca are.
No way is the asset value the buyout clause. That is so much higher than the cost, resale value, or value in use that it’d need impairment.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
No way is the asset value the buyout clause. That is so much higher than the cost, resale value, or value in use that it’d need impairment.
In a non-corrupt world, sure, but I'm convinced that some clever accounting based on these kinds of figures is going to keep Barca afloat this fiscal.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Morata is one of those things that makes me think there are some things in football that football people see, that I, as a non football person, don’t.

Big club after big club and top manager after top manager continually want him, and for the life of me I just don’t understand why.
The guy has some air miles in the bank.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Fabián Ruiz has a contract in force with Naples until June 2023 and as of today he will NOT renew. Follow the same roll. The Spanish international is waiting for the market but Atlético is not so hot [on him].

sparx99

I can categorically tell you we will be linked with both all summer and won’t get either, whilst all other clubs around us hoover up decent options.
I don’t get this type of comment. We have consistently bought big name players even after our worst seasons.

Pogba in 2016
Lukaku in 2017
Maguire in 2019
Bruno in 2020

You can argue about their relative success but typically we should be expecting at least one big signing.

The two years without an obvious big signing were Mourinhos tumultuous last summer and then the pandemic window. Both are good reasons for failing to invest those years.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I was watching Tomori in the championship for Hull City a couple of years ago. He wasn’t even the best Chelsea loanee at the club. If you told me then he’d be off to Milan for 28M in a few years I’d have probably lost bowel control laughing

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was watching Tomori in the championship for Hull City a couple of years ago. He wasn’t even the best Chelsea loanee at the club. If you told me then he’d be off to Milan for 28M in a few years I’d have probably lost bowel control laughing
He's had a decent season in Serie A, mind

pascell

Youngsters all develop at different rates, not everyone bursts on to the scene like Rashford.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don’t get this type of comment. We have consistently bought big name players even after our worst seasons.

Pogba in 2016
Lukaku in 2017
Maguire in 2019
Bruno in 2020

You can argue about their relative success but typically we should be expecting at least one big signing.

The two years without an obvious big signing were Mourinhos tumultuous last summer and then the pandemic window. Both are good reasons for failing to invest those years.
Bruno wasnt a big name player, Maguire arguably wasnt either

ti vu

Donnarumma to Barca just doesn't make sense.
Donnarumma has higher potential than Marc-André ter Stegen. Also since Donnarumma is very young, he has long career ahead. Acquiring Donnarumma now, then they can sell Marc-André ter Stegen for a good fee to balance the book for these 2 transfers.

They're just denying the rumour until the wrapping up Donnarumma, as not to rock the boat for Marc-André ter Stegen. Losing your no 1 before acquiring his replacement would put them at disadvantage in negotiation.

OmarUnited4ever

Any deal would surely involve a pay off from juve and a reduction in wage demands ala Sanchez when he went to inter. Ronnie wants out so possible.
if he can accept a 250K weekly maybe, currently he gets close to 500k weekly, not sure he would accept a reduction to come here. let's see

Kounan

How else will they ascribe value to the player asset?
I don't know what is crooked in this clause.

Their financial problems have nothing to do with how much their squad worth is and you do not increase the value of the club buy putting some contract clauses in. When it comes to accounting he will be shown as zero amortisation, so if they sell a striker, for 40mil (or some other price) they will show a plus of 40mil (or some othe number), instead of less had they paid some money for Aguerro.

This will be my last post on this subject in this topic, as it is totally offtopic :).

Last edited:

spaceboyRSA

Romano claimed that CR7 earns annually 30m net in euros !!!! Ole should not be considering him if that is wage he'll demand
Most players surely accept that they will eventually have to lower wage demands as they get older. It’s the nature of the game- Ronaldo surely knows that. His bargaining power in terms of contract value decreases with each month that passes.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He's had a decent season in Serie A, mind
Good. I don’t watch Serie A but I’m pleased for the lad
Youngsters all develop at different rates, not everyone bursts on to the scene like Rashford.
oh god yeah I quite agree. Safe to say it didn’t look too likely at the time. Mind you....we’re a demanding crowd down the KCom ;) Aina was the one who looked like he had something about him and tbf he was playing premier league last season with Fulham.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t tease me about Haaland like this Sky Sports!!!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Yeah that's Sky Italy. I personally don't see Haaland moving this summer. Dortmund will sell Sancho and keep Haaland for another year.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah that's Sky Italy. I personally don't see Haaland moving this summer. Dortmund will sell Sancho and keep Haaland for another year.
Yeah, I see it the same way. Unless a club comes in with a mouth-watering package, I don't see Dortmund selling Haaland this summer. He'll be needed to help Dortmund qualify for the CL again whilst having Rose settle in and establish himself.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Right? But if the release clause is 100M then that's his value on their balance sheet isn't it? Crooked as feck, Barca are.
The release clause is the figure they have to sell him for (same as any player in Spain has to have one).

An asset value doesn't have to match that. "We think he's worth £30m but won't be made to sell him unless someone offers £50m" for example?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The release clause is the figure they have to sell him for (same as any player in Spain has to have one).

An asset value doesn't have to match that. "We think he's worth £30m but won't be made to sell him unless someone offers £50m" for example?
Yeah I'm not expecting a dollar for dollar match but certainly it has to lend itself to a bit of inflation on the player's value. Why else would you put that large of a clause in for a soon to be 33 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.