Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well at least he'll be playing against men and not kids. But even if he does really well there the level is so far from the EPL that it will be hard to judge him.
Yeah, of course, but his level us currently very far from the EPL, so it's a good experience for him. Had he continued his earlier form, I think a league 1 side would have been achievable, but he is a good few years from breaking into EPL level.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

From Roberto Gomez:

There will be no news of Antoine Griezmann at Atletico Madrid up until the end of the transfer window.

Enrique Cerezo, Atletico Madrid's president, on Antoine Griezmann:

"To my knowledge, there is no negotiation [for Antoine Griezmann]"

"I never wanted to say that Griezmann would not be well received, my words were misinterpreted"

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
What is he blabbing about? Varane has not put transfer request because players rarely do that. He has rejected all the contract approach from Madrid and has permission from Real Madrid to talk to United. What else should he do? Call a press conference and publicly shit on Perez?

Pogba hasn't told us that he wants to leave. Doesn't mean he wont leave

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He doesn't take abuse as well as some of the other Twitter journalists/users can. Then again, I can't blame him; Twitter's a terrible place, and even users who can handle more abuse tend to let loose from time to time.
What is he blabbing about? Varane has not put transfer request because players rarely do that. He has rejected all the contract approach from Madrid and has permission from Real Madrid to talk to United. What else should he do? Call a press conference and publicly shit on Perez?

Pogba hasn't told us that he wants to leave. Doesn't mean he wont leave
He's having a go at everyone who abused him after he reported a while back that this transfer would go slower than expected. A few days ago, many United fans were expecting the transfer to complete soon given how quickly we agreed terms with Varane, so when Shrager posted his Tweet about the slower activity, he got a lot of flak.

saivet

Is he really that good? In the Rice thread, quite a few have mentioned him as being better and cheaper.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is he really that good? In the Rice thread, quite a few have mentioned him as being better and cheaper.
Was a good player before his injury, but hasn't really performed since. Don't think he would help us straight away at least.

theklr

Hard to say since he hasnt played in PL really, but would probably be worth a punt if the fee isnt too much

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He doesn't take abuse as well as some of the other Twitter journalists/users can. Then again, I can't blame him; Twitter's a terrible place, and even users who can handle more abuse tend to let loose from time to time.

He's having a go at everyone who abused him after he reported a while back that this transfer would go slower than expected. A few days ago, many United fans were expecting the transfer to complete soon given how quickly we agreed terms with Varane, so when Shrager posted his Tweet about the slower activity, he got a lot of flak.
Makes more sense now. He wasnt wrong in saying Varane hasn't put transfer request but it's a cheeky thing to say and not expect a reaction from Twitter mob. Also is he a journalist or just some blue ticked ITK?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's definitely much cheaper than Rice and, at the very worst, equal to him. He's a well-rounded footballer who can pass the ball quite well, and he's been a dependable ball winner in a team that tends to play an attacking 4-4-2/4-2-3-1. I find that he plays similarly to Ndidi in that he always looks to commit to a quick, early challenge in the midfield, which can leave gaps elsewhere if he's the deepest midfielder (Ndidi works fine as Leicester play a back 3).

He did suffer an injury 2 years ago that kept him out for two-thirds of the year, and that has made him less of a key player for Mönchengladbach (he and Kramer basically take each other's spot in the midfield 2).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Makes more sense now. He wasnt wrong in saying Varane hasn't put transfer request but it's a cheeky thing to say and not expect a reaction from Twitter mob. Also is he a journalist or just some blue ticked ITK?
He's a freelance journalist, but I don't think he's working for a media outlet at the moment.

Godihno

Zakaria...
I would pass up on him. As someone who watches nearly every Switzerland game, he is on the bench most games and when he comes on he does ok. Xhaka is the main man in midfield and no1 comes close to him perfomance wise. Make of that what you will :wenger:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Was a good player before his injury, but hasn't really performed since. Don't think he would help us straight away at least.
Luke Shaw took two seasons to flourish after injury. Zakaria will need time. He didn’t look injury hampered in the Euros; just way short of good strong match play

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Is there a midfielder playing abroad who isn’t better than Declan Rice according to this place?
If Rice were to go elsewhere and tear it up, this place would be upset beyond belief.

I think because Rice is English he gets a rougher time, if Rice were Spanish, German or French he’d be a lot more attractive to fans.

We don’t tend to rate our own that highly to be honest, people still don’t rate Kane that highly when he’s clearly world class

Godihno

Is there a midfielder playing abroad who isn’t better than Declan Rice according to this place?
In my opinion there are a few players that i would consider ahead of him..

Other then the known top DM's in the game. Kimmich, Casemiro
etc.

Orel Mangala - Stuttgart
Bruno Alvarez - Ajax
Boubacar Kamara - Marseille

And of course Camavinga who we have been linked with.

cyberman

If Rice were to go elsewhere and tear it up, this place would be upset beyond belief.

I think because Rice is English he gets a rougher time, if Rice were Spanish, German or French he’d be a lot more attractive to fans.

We don’t tend to rate our own that highly to be honest, people still don’t rate Kane that highly when he’s clearly world class
Rice isnt our own

sparx99

I don’t think he’s any better than Fred tbh. Another hard working tackler and runner. Xhaka outshined him during the Euros for Switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.