Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

He was playing Europa league with Rennes, when he moved to Leeds it was always a stepping stone for higher club in England. He shouldn’t be at club aiming lower than what he had at Rennes. Leeds to West Ham is not a big jump but it is still an upward move.

West Ham is participating in Europe and fighting for top 4/6. He needs to perform at West Ham and keep on improving, that’s how he can convince a better team in England or abroad that he is ready for the top level.
And after all that effort West Ham will price him out of a move and waste his best years there. If he goes to West Ham he should insist on a manageable release clause in the £50m range or he will be stuck there.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
That's the net salary, his gross works out to approximately £150k per week, which seems reasonable pay for a player expected to be a regular starter in top 3 PL side like Liverpool, and he is a 25 yo, signed to 5yr deal, so you will have him for the best part of his prime years.
Gross salary of €5m. Divide that by 52 weeks of the year and it works out as €96k a week.
Very excited by him and I think he'll flourish under Klopp. May not see the best of him this season as he adapts to the league and our system, but he should be ready to go in August after a few months experience with us and a full pre-season under his belt.

Born2Lose

Neil Custis claims that PP would stay it RR is the manager next season.

Always suspected he's perfectly happy here being allowed to play in 2nd gear but get trophy winning wages.

Over the last two and a half years he's started 41 games in the PL. At nearly 29 it would be insanity to give the guy a long term contract, even stupider than the one they gave Rooney when it was obvious he was on the downward.

Infra-red

I will look forward to actually seeing him play.
Indeed. A loan move (without a buy option) makes perfect sense. Ole didn't like him and Ralf doesn't seem to either, but it's quite possible that the new guy in the summer will want a match fit Donny around (I think Pochettino was previously an admirer and obviously Ten Hag knows all about him). He needs football though.

sparx99

We seem to be happy with two options for each position based on whose going out.

GK - De Gea, Henderson

CB - Varane, Maguire, Bailly, Lindelof, Jones
RB - Dalot, AWB
LB - Shaw, Telles

DM - Matic, McTominay
RCM - Bruno, Mejbri (McTominay if Matic at CDM)
LCM - Fred, Pogba

RW - Greenwood, Sancho
LW - Rashford, Elanga
ST - Ronaldo, Cavani

By and large I think that’s a good idea with 2-3 youngsters to mark up numbers when there are injuries. It should also mean a good amount of playing time for everyone who stays.

I just worry about the midfield like everyone else. Pogba has had injury issues for 2-3 seasons. Bruno is a machine but if he got injured McTominay is decent at getting forward but has none of the passing skill that Bruno does and Matic couldn’t play every game at DM. On top of that our youth option in Garner is already out on loan and I don’t think Mejbri, Savage, Iqbal etc are ready at all.

Onerealunited

We seem to be happy with two options for each position based on whose going out.

GK - De Gea, Henderson

RB - Dalot, AWB
LB - Shaw, Telles

DM - Matic, McTominay
LCM - Fred, Pogba

RW - Greenwood, Sancho
LW - Rashford, Elanga
ST - Ronaldo, Cavani

By and large I think that’s a good idea with 2-3 youngsters to mark up numbers when there are injuries. It should also mean a good amount of playing time for everyone who stays.

I just worry about the midfield like everyone else. Pogba has had injury issues for 2-3 seasons. Bruno is a machine but if he got injured McTominay is decent at getting forward but has none of the passing skill that Bruno does and Matic couldn’t play every game at DM. On top of that our youth option in Garner is already out on loan and I don’t think Mejbri, Savage, Iqbal etc are ready at all.
I assume lingard will be a substitute for Bruno in case.

Withnail

GK - De Gea, Henderson

RB - Dalot, AWB
LB - Shaw, Telles

DM - Matic, McTominay
LCM - Fred, Pogba

RW - Greenwood, Sancho
LW - Rashford, Elanga
ST - Ronaldo, Cavani

The midfield is woefully light. Mjebri will not play significant minutes so for RCM back-up and DM you've really only got Matic and McT. We really need one, if not two midfielders.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We really need some creativity in our midfield and I think he’d be able to supply that.
Yep, I would have thought he's needed far more at Everton than at Palace. Frank coming in at tge same time might be able to sell it to Donny.

Pep's Suit

Well, Juve probably sell Bentancur for €25m and then replace him with this guy for €5-6m. One squad player for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.