Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Chelsea need 3 defenders, one central midfielder, and probably another forward player amazingly enough. Feel like Chalobah, Gallagher, and another fringe player can step forward, but they'll need cover at fullback and another CB. Losing Saul, Kante is getting on, so that leaves Jorginho and Kovacic.

M4YON

Looks like G.Neville has poached United's U23 coach for Salford. Wood has done a great job for United hopefully we have someone lined up to replace him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Looks like G.Neville has poached United's U23 coach for Salford. Wood has done a great job for United hopefully we have someone lined up to replace him.
I don't think he's done a great job to be honest, he's decent, but I dont think he's done anything to get the Salford job. Jobs for the boys again.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

He'll probably be back before pre-season starts the way Salford go through managers.

sparx99

Kamara is free and is an available defensive midfielder. United don't have a central defensive midfielder and considering other areas of need, which will need more transfer budget allocation, getting a player such as Kamara (whether it is him or not, but a good value for talent player of his ilk - defensive midfielder) would be a good signing.
But it's not a good signing if he's rubbish. There is no guarantee he'd be any better than Fred, McTominay or Garner. We've seen so many examples of this already where somebody is 'definitely' better and then they get to the PL and turn out to be very average.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
But it's not a good signing if he's rubbish. There is no guarantee he'd be any better than Fred, McTominay or Garner. We've seen so many examples of this already where somebody is 'definitely' better and then they get to the PL and turn out to be very average.
He would be because he's an actual defensive midfielder. It really isn't hard to be better than them in our team, because we have no player bar Matic, who plays that role. Whether he's good enough for where we WANT to be, is the real question.

Arsenal, who are quite far ahead of us, have Xhaka/El Neny, it's clear we could be considerably better with a team with more balance, not necessarily a flashy player.

sparx99

He would be because he's an actual defensive midfielder. It really isn't hard to be better than them in our team, because we have no player bar Matic, who plays that role. Whether he's good enough for where we WANT to be, is the real question.

Arsenal, who are quite far ahead of us, have Xhaka/El Neny, it's clear we could be considerably better with a team with more balance, not necessarily a flashy player.
Yet, we've consistently finished above Arsenal with Fred and McTominay instead fo Xhaka and Elneny. This season has been a disaster. I just don't want us to sign a DM just because he's free. Arguably, its our most important signing this season and if that's where the biggest fee has to go so be it. He might be the answer he might not.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yet, we've consistently finished above Arsenal with Fred and McTominay instead fo Xhaka and Elneny. This season has been a disaster. I just don't want us to sign a DM just because he's free. Arguably, its our most important signing this season and if that's where the biggest fee has to go so be it. He might be the answer he might not.
You're missing the point about balance though, Arsenal are now a more balanced team with their signings, hence the upturn and our downturn by having such little balance.

He's not just free either, Atletico are strongly linked to be the team that are most likely to get him. It's not like they would sign an average player, they have league aspirations. It's an important signing, but I think people are other thinking what we actually need. It's just a profile of player and skill set we should be looking for. he has a similar skill set to Rice, with a few differences in strengths.

It really depends how ETH wants to play and if he wants someone in the mould of De Jong in the 6 position, then we shouldn't be going for Kamara. If we want a DM/false CB type, Kamara is an extremely attractive option on a free.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
There seems to be a common theme here, everyone we’re linked with is reported to cost €70-80m and that isn’t happening with a rumoured budget of £120m.
indeed. i’ve done the maths and even if we take the lower value quotes, £70m, it still doesn’t stack up.

70-120=-50

there is no such thing as negative pound coins.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There seems to be a common theme here, everyone we’re linked with is reported to cost €70-80m and that isn’t happening with a rumoured budget of £120m.
I dont think its a firm figure. Insinuated they can back more, plus Timer fee is half that, reportedly. I think we will likely offload Baily, Jones on top and maybe one other.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
indeed. i’ve done the maths and even if we take the lower value quotes, £70m, it still doesn’t stack up.

70-120=-50

there is no such thing as negative pound coins.
Hmmm. What if you take the higher value quotes?

gregor

We are linked with Milinkovic-Savic in EVERY transfer window. Is he the new Gaitan?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think we all want the finished article because we have such a crap track record at developing players over the last five years.

Dazzmondo

Not sure how reliable but this makes sense to me. Dani Alves took his place in the team and he's worked under ETH at Ajax. Could be a good option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.