Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1): José Félix Díaz
  • Gabri Veiga's release clause amount: €30m
  • Celta Vigo tried to improve Veiga's contract and increase his release clause amount, but the player hasn't entertained their offers.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: La Repubblica (via FC Inter 1908)

The full quote:
No, Roma has never been a possibility and when Monchi was there I was at Real Madrid. I’ve had offers to coach in Italy in the last year though. Serie A is a tremendously interesting championship and clearly growing, I don’t rule out going there. Even sooner than you think.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This is so City. Scoop up a guy like this to get some prime years for a decent price. Will end up brilliant under Pep.
Yet if we were about to sign him there'd be people saying things like "what do our scouts actually do, this is so lazy, the club's a mess!".

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1): José Félix Díaz
  • Gabri Veiga's release clause amount: €30m
  • Celta Vigo tried to improve Veiga's contract and increase his release clause amount, but the player hasn't entertained their offers.
Regarding the release clause, Romano says otherwise.

Note that other Spanish outlets have also reported €40m as the release clause. It's only JFD who's reported the €30m amount.

K Stand Knut

When can we sign PL on a free?

I know he can discuss deals with non-PL clubs now and has been able to since 1st January but do we, and other English clubs, have to wait until the contract actually runs out?

I had 1st June in my head

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yet if we were about to sign him there'd be people saying things like "what do our scouts actually do, this is so lazy, the club's a mess!".
Turns out there are a lot of different people on the Caf with a diverse set of opinions, who knew?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
When can we sign PL on a free?

I know he can discuss deals with non-PL clubs now and has been able to since 1st January but do we, and other English clubs, have to wait until the contract actually runs out?

I had 1st June in my head
I think according to FM back in the day it was always June 1st.

izec

To be fair, Kovacic as a squad player in that City team could be a weapon. If they manage his fitness, which i think they can do better than us, it is a good transfer. City have a base and can add players like this.

However, we need more IMO. Well Mason Mount is not really it either. I would take a fit Kovacic over him every time. But ETH is the manager, so lets see.

UpWithRivers

If Liverpool are paying around £60M for this World Cup winning, ever present Brighton player. Then out of favour Mount should be half that.
60M to Liverpool or anyone else. To United it would be 100 mill plus a kidney and a reach around.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So why don't you want to keep him?

Appreciate he's currently injured though.
Player and club can't come to an agreement re; wages, contract length and I read something about image rights being a problem too. United are apparently offering him a contract that suits his needs.

I think the club acted poorly with him though. Apparently he was very close to agreeing a new deal before the WC, around the time Reece James signed his extension, but he was negotiating directly with Boehly at the time, who was still the acting sporting director back then. After the WC, we had two new sporting directors who were handling this and they decided to try and rework a deal that works better for the club, which Mount rejected. Then they offered him a 1 year extension on huge wages to give themselves time negotiate properly (this was around the time Potter was sacked) and he rejected that too.

Then all we were told was Boehly and Mount would sit for a chat and in that meeting Mount allegedly told Boehly he was unhappy with how this contract negotiation was handled and that United were offering him a deal he couldn't refuse. Since then Mount to United news have gathered pace so I presume Chelsea haven't been able to present a deal that matches what he's getting from United.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:
  • Sebastiaan Bornauw is expected to cost £10m.
  • Birmingham want to acquire Wolves' Dion Sanderson permanently after his initial loan spell with them.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Player and club can't come to an agreement re; wages, contract length and I read something about image rights being a problem too. United are apparently offering him a contract that suits his needs.

I think the club acted poorly with him though. Apparently he was very close to agreeing a new deal before the WC, around the time Reece James signed his extension, but he was negotiating directly with Boehly at the time, who was still the acting sporting director back then. After the WC, we had two new sporting directors who were handling this and they decided to try and rework a deal that works better for the club, which Mount rejected. Then they offered him a 1 year extension on huge wages to give themselves time negotiate properly (this was around the time Potter was sacked) and he rejected that too.

Then all we were told was Boehly and Mount would sit for a chat and in that meeting Mount allegedly told Boehly he was unhappy with how this contract negotiation was handled and that United were offering him a deal he couldn't refuse. Since then Mount to United news have gathered pace so I presume Chelsea haven't been able to present a deal that matches what he's getting from United.
I hope we don't over pay, both in transfer fees and salary. He's alright but he's not that good.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Because at Utd or Liverpool we wouldn't have the luxury to play Kovacic as our fourth spare world class midfielder. We'd have to flog him to death like we have Fabinho or Casemiro.

At City hell be paid 200+k/week (on and off books obviously) to become their Mahrez or Ake or Akanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.