Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

City seem to be selling too many players. Their depth wasn't really as good as people think last season and yet they are open to most of their players leaving. Should Sterling leave, their attacking options would be Foden,Grealish,Haland, Alvarez and Mahrez all very good players but an injury or two really could disrupt their season.

Then you check their midfield and there are only five players there too, Rodri, Philips, KDB, Silva and Gundogan. Think that is quite a thin squad for a 60 games season. I do get the players leaving though, as they are definitely good enough to start for other top teams rather than remaining content on City's bench.
I heard Cole Palmer is to deputise for Mahrez next season so that's another, but surely they will replace the likes of Aké and Zinchenko with new signings if they left.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Twitter thread):
  • Sporting authorised Mendes to exclusively negotiate Palhinha's transfer out of Sporting.
    • Mendes expected Wolves to purchase the player.
  • The Fulham transfer was conducted by another agent: Hernan Nogueira.
  • Mendes is now charging €2m (penalty fee?) for the other agent handling the Fulham negotiations.
    • Sporting is responsible for paying this amount.

Widow

PSV playmaker Cody Gakpo is in talks with Leeds United, partly through colleague Johan Inan. A record fee will have to be broken by the British to seduce him. PSV want to keep Gakpo as we know.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Brazilian perspective on Richarlison's links to both Spurs and Chelsea:

Source:
Richarlison: despite Chelsea's interest, talks between Tottenham and Everton are moving in a positive direction. With the Brazilian striker, negotiations are already well underway. Agreement should revolve around 60 million Pounds (in principle, without involving players in exchange)
Bergwijn was being offered as part of the Richarlison deal. In this case, there's still a good chance of Ajax getting Bergwijn.

Last edited:

M4YON

Re- The latest Info on Skriniar and Chelsea's defender plans.

Widow

The Brazilian perspective on Richarlison's links to both Spurs and Chelsea:

Source:

Bergwijn was being offered as part of Richarlison. In this case, there's still a good chance of Ajax getting Bergwijn.
I'm not a fan. He must be a decent player to get in the Brazil side but every time I watch him he looks bang average! I think our fans would lose their shit with the amount of time he spends on the floor, a very frustrating player.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
Mbabu and Fulham: Interest yes, offer no - The right-back could leave Wolfsburg - Successor is already there
A buyer can seal the deal for €10m. Mbabu's in the last year of his contract, hence the relatively low price.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Sterling + Raphinha would be spicy. Two of the best wide players in the league when it comes to taking on defenders in space.

I’d probably prefer Dembele to Raphinha if given the choice, though.

M4YON

Sterling + Raphinha would be spicy. Two of the best wide players in the league when it comes to taking on defenders in space.

I’d probably prefer Dembele to Raphinha if given the choice, though.
Dembele is a walking sick note, you'd be better with Raphinha.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Dembele is a walking sick note, you'd be better with Raphinha.
That’s fair. But I think Dembele‘s ceiling is higher and he would cost nothing to bring in whilst Raphinha would cost £60m or more.

M4YON

That’s fair. But I think Dembele‘s ceiling is higher and he would cost nothing to bring in whilst Raphinha would cost £60m or more.
If you get Dembele for free he's requesting astronomical wages because of what you save on a fee from Barca. Seems like a great deal but not if he never plays, you'll pay him to sit in the treatment room.

It's true Raphinha will cost more but at least he'll be contributing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
They'll need to wrap it up fast Barcelona get a cash injection tomorrow plus any fee from FDJ and Raphinha has a preference for Barcelona.
Not just that, but they also need to convince the player himself, who still prefers Barcelona over everyone else.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They'll need to wrap it up fast Barcelona get a cash injection tomorrow plus any fee from FDJ and Raphinha has a preference for Barcelona.
Think Dembele is staying. Hence they move for Raphinha

M4YON

Think Dembele is staying. Hence they move for Raphinha
Dembele has been offered a lower deal now by Barca and his team aren't impressed, trying to get them to raise it.

If Dembele allows his contract to expire it gives him the choice of club without any transfer fee so he can ask for higher wages.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
So it’s definitely not as close as people think. The player still has to make a choice. Not getting excited yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.