Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Arsenal pull out of Raphinha race and sign City's Gabriel Jesus for over €52m

The Leeds star continues to block all English offers, because his wish is to play for Barça

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

The Leeds star continues to block all English offers, because his wish is to play for Barça
Annoying but fair enough if it's true. 50/55M on somebody who doesn't really want to be here is not a great starting point.

RU Devil

So much for that Viera, Gabriel, & Raphinha coup for Arsenal. I rather figured they didn't have the budget for all 3. Basically a race between Gabriel & Raphinha. Raphinha wanting only Barca didn't help. Still a good window for Arsenal, who could do a bit more since quite a few of their players are still on the market.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
So much for that Viera, Gabriel, & Raphinha coup for Arsenal. I rather figured they didn't have the budget for all 3. Basically a race between Gabriel & Raphinha. Raphinha wanting only Barca didn't help. Still a good window for Arsenal, who could do a bit more since quite a few of their players are still on the market.
To be honest i’m shocked at how much Arsenal have been able to spend over the last five years given they’ve had no CL football… Currently sitting on a net spend of £425m with more signings expected.

For comparison Chelsea have a net spend of £181m, Liverpool £247m, City £267m and Utd £341m

They’ve comfortably outspent everyone in the league over five seasons with only Utd who can catch them if they spend this summer.

Widow

Arsenal raises bid for Lisandro Martinez to 40 million euros, including bonuses. Ajax wants a minimum of 50 million euros fixed.

Arsenal flexing their financial muscle in this window.

I don’t understand why city want to sell sterling he’s been a really good player for them

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don’t understand why city want to sell sterling he’s been a really good player for them
City want to keep him, but Sterling wants to leave to play more regularly, especially since he wants to be England's starter for the upcoming World Cup. He already rejected City's last contract offer a few months back and has held off further talks in order to consider his future.

City want to keep him, but Sterling wants to leave to play more regularly, especially since he wants to be England's starter for the upcoming World Cup. He already rejected City's last contract offer a few months back and has held off further talks in order to consider his future.
Oh I see, interesting

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
To be honest i’m shocked at how much Arsenal have been able to spend over the last five years given they’ve had no CL football… Currently sitting on a net spend of £425m with more signings expected.

For comparison Chelsea have a net spend of £181m, Liverpool £247m, City £267m and Utd £341m

They’ve comfortably outspent everyone in the league over five seasons with only Utd who can catch them if they spend this summer.
It reflects how poor the transfer dealing in Arsenal pre Edu.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The Daily Mail article's also by Adrian Kajumba.
  • Sterling's pushing for an exit after positive talks with Tuchel.
  • Sterling's currently earning £300k/week with City and is entering the final year of his contract.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Where did you get those figures?

Looking at transfermarkt, it states that Utd have (net) spent €532m, City €472m, Arsenal €371m, Chelsea €267m and Liverpool €218m.
Up until this transfer window, that is

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

Chelsea's Skriniar inquiries started during the Lukaku negotiations.
From what I’ve ready both Juve and Inter have said they want around €90m each or something crazy for Skriniar and de Ligt. So surely we can’t get both.

Status
Not open for further replies.