• €500k if Napoli finish in the top 4
  • Alternatives
    • Keylor Navas (PSG)
    • Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurst)

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Would be a waste of his talents imo
I’m not sure Tuchel is sold on Chilwell. He has not been good since Tuchel arrived. Much of it injured, but you can’t make a run if you have serious questions about Chilly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’m not sure Tuchel is sold on Chilwell. He has not been good since Tuchel arrived. Much of it injured, but you can’t make a run if you have serious questions about Chilly.
He was absolutely flying when he got injured so it’s not true to say he hasn’t been good. He’s a great player but as @Dancfc said, recovering from an ACL isn’t just the 8 months you’re rehabbing. It could potentially take another 6-12 months before he can approach anything resembling his best form. If he does have questions, it’s about his ability to regain his previous levels shown under Tuchel, which was probably the best form of his career.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He was absolutely flying when he got injured so it’s not true to say he hasn’t been good. He’s a great player but as @Dancfc said, recovering from an ACL isn’t just the 8 months you’re rehabbing. It could potentially take another 6-12 months before he can approach anything resembling his best form. If he does have questions, it’s about his ability to regain his previous levels shown under Tuchel, which was probably the best form of his career.
He was flying offensively before the injury, but I think we have also looked at his missing offensive output after the injury and plastered over that he wasn’t always as good defensively. I really like him, but I’m not going to say he is someone that Cucurella cannot out compete for a starting position, even if he fully recovers. It is also important to remember that other players never regained their form after an injury like this. I think we are a better team when he is at his best, but we don’t know if that is going to happen.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He was flying offensively before the injury, but I think we have also looked at his missing offensive output after the injury and plastered over that he wasn’t always as good defensively. I really like him, but I’m not going to say he is someone that Cucurella cannot out compete for a starting position, even if he fully recovers. It is also important to remember that other players never regained their form after an injury like this. I think we are a better team when he is at his best, but we don’t know if that is going to happen.
He was fine defensively. We had zero problems with him. We had a really strong defensive record to start the season and he was a big part of that. I agree with you that whether he gets back to his previous level is unknown and if he ever gets there, it's a long road back, so the Cucurella move does make sense to me.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He was fine defensively. We had zero problems with him. We had a really strong defensive record to start the season and he was a big part of that. I agree with you that whether he gets back to his previous level is unknown and if he ever gets there, it's a long road back, so the Cucurella move does make sense to me.
During the CL run and into the season Chilly was constantly pulling on attackers by the arm and shoulder, sometimes he got away with it, other times it was a foul. He was smart enough to not do it in the box. James on the other hand was always in front, squared up, or along side. I like Chilly in our side but he is not elite, he is good.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Then there’s also this. Looks like he’s doing a lot to make push Leicester to make this move happen.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Chelsea aren't really advanced on the Walker-Peters transfer. They're just looking for good players to bring in and add depth to their squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.