Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancan92

Like we never paid big fees for foreign players. Does Lukaku ring a bell?
What are you on about? Lukaku had already proved he was one of the best strikers around Europe. Maguire had 2 relegations and was a decent defender for Leicester. If he wasn't English we wouldn't have spent money on him.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
What are you on about? Lukaku had already proved he was one of the best strikers around Europe. Maguire had 2 relegations and was a decent defender for Leicester. If he wasn't English we wouldn't have spent money on him.
Lukaku played for Everton when we signed him.

Dannn411

I'd go back with a slightly higher bid. Maybe 5 million pounds extra. Nothing more. Antony will do the rest.

Canuckred64

Talk about a day late and a dollar short.

Should have been all guns ablazing from the start of the window , by the the time the window shuts all chance of top 4 will be gone, if it hasn't already.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Should have been all guns ablazing from the start of the window , by the the time the window shuts all chance of top 4 will be gone, if it hasn't already.
You do realize Arsenal came really close to 4th last year eventhough the lost the first 3 games? You don't lose out on top 4 after the first few games of the season.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord

Hyperbole. If we win on Monday we are ahead of Liverpool. Does that mean Liverpool won’t make the top 4? We win on Monday and get in Casemiro plus 3 others with 35 games to go. What is this nonsense about Top4 chances being gone? Calm down bro.

Canuckred64

You do realize Arsenal came really close to 4th last year eventhough the lost the first 3 games? You don't lose out on top 4 after the first few games of the season.
True, but I don't think that all our rivals for top 4 other than Liverpool started as fast.

Wing Attack Plan R

It’s almost like the difference between us being a good team and us being a bad team is the players we have. Almost. And maybe finally the owners are realizing that you can’t keep patching a blown tire, sometimes new tires are the only way forward. I like our new cavalier attitude towards the bottom line.

Tiber

Im desperate and will take any help we can get but wildly overpaying for 2 separate ajax players may not be the ideal strategy

Josep Dowling

Too little, too late once again. Should have done it right at the beginning of the window. Drives me mad. 2 losses already, likely 3 after Monday. League season is done before it’s even started.

Judas

Open to offers
Too little, too late once again. Should have done it right at the beginning of the window. Drives me mad. 2 losses already, likely 3 after Monday. League season is done before it’s even started.
Fecking nonsense. I hope the players can get a bit more belief and resolve than so many on here throwing the towel in on a season already.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Simon Stone has already said FDJ this summer is over. Finished. Not happening. You can take that to the bank with what he says too.

Clearly the cash reserved for him has been moved to Casemiro.

cyberman

Not sure signing this standard of player in August is spot little too late

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No he didn’t. He said it’s highly unlikely.

Almost certainly over. That's good enough for me.

We're not spending 70m on Casemiro and 70/80m on FDJ in same window.

You are totally mental if you think that's going to happen. The rest of the money will be spent on a winger/forward and maybe a full back too.

Josep Dowling

Not sure signing this standard of player in August is spot little too late
Paying €100m for a player from the Dutch League is crazy. Could of got him for half that had we done the deal 2 months ago. The club is constantly ripped off because we are so bad and late at getting transfers done. It’s why ‘the process ‘ is so slow because we pay double on every single player we purchase. Our budget should get us more players in one window.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

You are totally mental if you think that's going to happen. The rest of the money will be spent on a winger/forward and maybe a full back too.
If he leaves he comes here. And it isn’t 70 for Casemiro or 80 for FDJ - it’s 60m plus bonuses for Casemiro and 55m plus bonuses for FDJ. Garner and Mctominay/DVB out could see a net spend of 70m. Not “totally mental” - just ambitious.

atkar83

Only leaked to media so they can save face when they inevitably sign no one of note. If you're about to sign some players, why would you announce to the world you've opened up the purse strings, how on earth does that help negotiations. Why wouldn't Ajax ask for €100M for freaking Antony when they hear that. This club is run by idiots. What other team announces things like this. They don't, they just shut up and sign players

Red_toad

For a club that reputedly bidding €100 million for a decent winger in addition to Casemiro, hell yeah we could go for FDJ instead.
To be honest Diogo Costa, Malo Gusto, Broja and SMS in and we’ve a much better equipped squad, then let ‘em all prove who deserves to start.

Loony BoB

If you're about to sign some players, why would you announce to the world you've opened up the purse strings, how on earth does that help negotiations.
They haven't. It's rumours, potential leaks. The club hasn't stated anything of this sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.