Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tier 3 (thanks to @oskarutd for finding this):
Unless Iqbal is going to be trusted, this does seem a bit strange to me. If Eriksen is out for any amount of time we're going to struggle with the two games per week schedule not just in terms of quality in midfield, but simply in terms of number players available.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If this window costs us later in the season it’ll be so typical.

croadyman

Unless Iqbal is going to be trusted, this does seem a bit strange to me. If Eriksen is out for any amount of time we're going to struggle with the two games per week schedule not just in terms of quality in midfield, but simply in terms of number players available.
Don't worry if will dawn on us we're ridiculously short in midfield when the window has shut and can't do anything

Blood Mage

The Glazers didn't give a feck before, you think they're going to give a feck now when they're actively trying to cash in and feck off? We were never signing anyone this Jan.

lysglimt

Scout
He is not good enough right now - as simple as that. What he has shown at Birmingham has been ok - but nowhere near the level required to get a chance at United. I would much rather we play Mainoo or Iqbal than Hannibal

UpWithRivers

I don't get this no money sht. If we bought a 50 mill player it wont be 50 mill up front. They could have paid 10 mill now and 40 in the summer for example. Meaning the 40 mill is the new owners problem. Heck they could have loaned 10 mill from the bank and then its all on the new owners. If Chelsea can do all fancy accounting over 100 years then why couldn't we?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It’s a bit funny that all through the Glazers era we have been berating and calling them inept (I mean they’re not wrong but still) for making rushed Deadline day signings (Fellaini git stuck with that all through his United career) & now we aren’t making any (for one reason or another) and we are inept for that too.

God I cannot wait for the takeover (just so we can call them inept too ;))

James35

I don't get this no money sht. If we bought a 50 mill player it wont be 50 mill up front. They could have paid 10 mill now and 40 in the summer for example. Meaning the 40 mill is the new owners problem. Heck they could have loaned 10 mill from the bank and then its all on the new owners. If Chelsea can do all fancy accounting over 100 years then why couldn't we?
Competency.

NK86

It’s a bit funny that all through the Glazers era we have been berating and calling them inept (I mean they’re not wrong but still) for making rushed Deadline day signings (Fellaini git stuck with that all through his United career) & now we aren’t making any (for one reason or another) and we are inept for that too.

People are not calling for a "deadline day signing". They have been calling for reinforcements all through the window and keep doing so since it's the last day of the window.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am worried that when we might actually have money in the summer the players we would really like at United will be gone. Think we are going to find the next Caicedo/Enzo Fernandez rather than paying over the odds after somebody else has discovered them.

Judas

Open to offers

You are so predictable :lol:

I look forward to your new routine when the Glazers are gone.

Vapor trail

I am worried that when we might actually have money in the summer the players we would really like at United will be gone. Think we are going to find the next Caicedo/Enzo Fernandez rather than paying over the odds after somebody else has discovered them.
A good example are the very players you mentioned. Enzo had minimal popularity before the world cup, any top club could have signed him before Benfica. Caicedo to some extent in the same bracket, these are players who with 6 months performances have gone up astronomically in value. One thing it shows is that no matter what the game will always produce talent.

I personally have minimal confidence in the scouting department to identify the right players because when is the last time United have signed a decent youngster who has gone on to have a positive influence in the first team. The hope therefore for me is that the new owners totally revamp the infrastructure giving the club a better platform to identify and pursue players.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He is not good enough right now - as simple as that. What he has shown at Birmingham has been ok - but nowhere near the level required to get a chance at United. I would much rather we play Mainoo or Iqbal than Hannibal
I agree re Hannibal. But to then think Iqbal or Mainoo are ready to be starting regular games for us is dangerous. Arguably both are behind Hannibal in terms of development as he has at least had senior level football. There's nothing at all to suggest Iqbal is one of these talents that can be thrust into the first team and he'll be ready. Quite the opposite judging by ETH's use of him and Mainoo skipping ahead in the queue. Mainoo may have that special talent that sees him adapt well, but it's far too early to tell and performances say probably not.

That's incredibly hopeful of you, have the last 10 or so years not taught you? :lol:

We literally had Caicedo in our grasp for peanuts and still decided against it. I actually think United would rather sign players for ridiculous money once proven, these days. Gone are the days where Fergie would bring through a youngster with the perfect amount of game time and tuition.

redcucumber

What has Mainoo shown that indicates he's more ready than Hannibal? I don't know either of their careers in-depth so genuinely intrigued to know.

RopersReturn

So reading into this, if DDG departure at the end of the season is imminent then I would hope we would be making enquiries as to the availability of Brentford’s gk- Raya fairly soon.

James35

I don’t even think we will have a good summer window. All we have done is replace players, yes with some who are better but we hardly strengthened. We lost 6 players including the 1 we won’t mention and signed 5. We lost Ronaldo and signed Weghorst. I long for the day we actually add to the squad.
New owners or not, until we have best in class people running the club I see nothing but us faffing about in the summer also, throwing out as many excuses as possible hoping one will stick. My money will be on the new owners didn’t have enough time.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t even think we will have a good summer window. All we have done is replace players, yes with some who are better but we hardly strengthened. We lost 6 players including the 1 we won’t mention and signed 5. We lost Ronaldo and signed Weghorst. I long for the day we actually add to the squad.
New owners or not, until we have best in class people running the club I see nothing but us faffing about in the summer also, throwing out as many excuses as possible hoping one will stick. My money will be on the new owners didn’t have enough time.
What on earth are you on about?

We haven’t strengthened but added Casemiro, Martinez and Eriksen?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Elanga to Barcelona would be a complete waste of time. At least he could go to Everton, they lack any wide players with a pulse.

DomesticTadpole

We have strengthened the first team, but have now found we cannot function without Casemiro and we do not yet know the outcome of Eriksen's scan. We will still need to sign a number of players next summer so the quality doesn't drop if we rotate. At the moment it does.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yup, don't agree we haven't strengthened with those signings. Yes we need more, but we were never going to able to get rid of so many in a short space of time and replace them all with better players in one window. This window seriously hampered by our FFP issues and the fact we are up for sale. Shame really.

TheReligion

Abusive
We have strengthened the first team, but have now found we cannot function without Casemiro and we do not yet know the outcome of Eriksen's scan. We will still need to sign a number of players next summer so the quality doesn't drop if we rotate. At the moment it does.
I’m fully aware but the poster says we have simply replaced players and barely strengthened. You agree?!

We are going through a process and need to streamline and strengthen the squad. It’s annoying the Glazers have picked this moment to clear off but when they go it will be better long term so every cloud.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’re so entitled.

You can also be critical of the Glazers reign but you can also call out pure ridiculousness from the fanbase when you see it.

Glazers have been ultimately bad for the club. Letting the stadium rot, bought unsuitable players, letting the facilities get old and not upgrade them, unsuitable backroom staff.

But you can’t say that money has not been spent when it needs it. 90% of the time we have been given CASH & we have spent more than our rivals over the years. Over £1bn, so you can’t sit there and say the club hasn’t spent money.

We are in a unique situation where the Glazers want out, but we need players to push for 4 trophies. Any sane fan would know that we were not going to spend any money in Jan when a full sale is right around the corner. So to sit there and to call the club “inept” when they’re ACTIVELY trying to sell the club (which we all want) is laughable. Also history tells us that we hardly ever sign players in Jan. Even when the Glazers were spending money, January was a dead month and historically we always go big in the Summer.

Fans have got jealous of clubs like Chelsea and want their slice of the cake and the rest of it too. They want the club to be sold but also want the club to spend stupid money on short term players who in 6 months they’ll be crying about because they are “deadwood” and not good enough & then call the club “inept” for signing them in the first place.

So I can call out stupidness when I see it, you can’t be upset for signing players on deadline day for the past 2 decades and claim “poor planning” and then also call the club “inept” for NOT making deadline day signings. It smacks of wanting shiny new toys for the sake of it.

“predictable” my ass & routine? What routine. I can be both critical of the Glazers reign but also stand up for them when A) it’s clear they have spent money a lot of the time and B) I can see the bigger picture and would rather we didn’t sign anyone if it makes the sale of the club go that much faster & smoothly.

But I guess if that were to happen (signing a player or two for money makes the sale a few months late) that’ll be an issue too yeah?

We’ll see what happens when the Glazers go won’t we? Because who’s to say whoever comes in will be any better? I’m cautiously optimistic myself.

You are so predictable :lol:

I look forward to your new routine when the Glazers are gone.

DomesticTadpole

Yup, don't agree we haven't strengthened with those signings. Yes we need more, but we were never going to able to get rid of so many in a short space of time and replace them all with better players in one window. This window seriously hampered by our FFP issues and the fact we are up for sale. Shame really.
Agree. We have been hampered by previous mismanagement, stupid contracts handed to players who had done nothing to deserve it. Hopefully we will reward players for actually winning something rather than just turning up. I am still p*ssed about Ronaldo, what a stupid decision that was.

Real Name

All of our signings basically turned our season around and you're saying we havent strenghtened. What the actually fek.

DomesticTadpole

I’m fully aware but the poster says we have simply replaced players and barely strengthened. You agree?!

We are going through a process and need to streamline and strengthen the squad. It’s annoying the Glazers have picked this moment to clear off but when they go it will be better long term so every cloud.
We are definitely better, so no I don't entirely agree. Think people are just annoyed at the mess the owners and Woodward have left us in, we are in limbo waiting to see who buys us and if what that means in the future.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah it’s crazy to say we’ve barely strengthened. It’s Ten Hags first season too so he needed time to asses the squad and work with his team (look at Dalot and Rashford now).

We had a good summer and absolutely strengthened the spine of the team.

We need to streamline the squad and move out the players who don’t fit in the summer whilst making more solid additions at decent prices.

TheReligion

Abusive
We are definitely better, so no I don't entirely agree. Think people are just annoyed at the mess the owners and Woodward have left us in, we are in limbo waiting to see who buys us and if what that means in the future.
Everyone is frustrated but if we get rid of the Glazers and have CL football next season happy days right?

DomesticTadpole

Everyone is frustrated but if we get rid of the Glazers and have CL football next season happy days right?
Definitely. As long as the new owner realises just because we got CL football and possibly a trophy the team still needs strengthening, a striker would be a good idea for a start.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Agree. We have been hampered by previous mismanagement, stupid contracts handed to players who had done nothing to deserve it. Hopefully we will reward players for actually winning something rather than just turning up. I am still p*ssed about Ronaldo, what a stupid decision that was.
Agreed, no more handing out contract renewals for nowt. Players have to earn the right to get a new one, which is only sensible anyway. Another thing is we seriously struggle to sell players. Arsenal, City and Chelsea all do far better in that regard and that helps with the finances. Look at Cancelo, away on loan and City getting another 50 odd million for him this coming summer. I appreciate it's bloody difficult but we have to be far more efficient at selling. Dan James was a good one but that needs to be far more the norm than an exception.

Yeah it’s crazy to say we’ve barely strengthened. It’s Ten Hags first season too so he needed time to asses the squad and work with his team (look at Dalot and Rashford now).

We had a good summer and absolutely strengthened the spine of the team.

We need to streamline the squad and move out the players who don’t fit in the summer whilst making more solid additions at decent prices.
Absolutely right. His coaching and man management has worked wonders with quite a few players. Guys who looked lost and going nowhere are either starters or solid squad options. Just shows the difference a good manager and coach can make.

And yeah, the objective this summer is get rid of anyone who isn't going to offer the squad much or push us on, and replace with better options. If we can do that we will be miles better than we have already become.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
In an age of immediacy, you'll always get people saying it's not enough. This was way beyond my expectations for this season (mainly the glazers), so happy days indeed if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.