Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

Isn't Livramento Hasenhutl's preferred choice at RB and Perraud the preferred option at LB?

So that means Walker-Peters is a bench player at Southampton, and I'm surprised to know the club is after him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's not how we should approach transfers. KWP is an avarage player for Southampton he should be nowhere near our first team. Or are we that mid table team now?
But for little to no outlay we can improve on RB. I agree he shouldn't be more than a sub RB in an ideal world, but we cannot improve this role with a long term RB this window. However that doesn't mean we should not improve on Dalot or AWB if the offer presents itself at good economic value.

Dong Fangzhuo

But for little to no outlay we can improve on RB. I agree he shouldn't be more than a sub RB in an ideal world, but we cannot improve this role with a long term RB this window. However that doesn't mean we should not improve on Dalot or AWB if the offer presents itself at good economic value.
Where do you get 'little to no outlay' from? He has 3 years left on his deal and their main RB is out for months, why would they sell cheap?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Where do you get 'little to no outlay' from? He has 3 years left on his deal and their main RB is out for months, why would they sell cheap?
If Williams is on their shortlist and they are looking beyond KWP (should he want the move) then there may be a small outlay plus Williams for us.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Don’t want De Jong.
Too much Di Maria vibes.
Doesn’t want to be here, inlove with spanish club, they try to force him out…
No thanks.

Devil81

I like Walker Peters, he's certainly a better all-round footballer than AWB.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Isn't Livramento Hasenhutl's preferred choice at RB and Perraud the preferred option at LB?

So that means Walker-Peters is a bench player at Southampton, and I'm surprised to know the club is after him.
I thought he looked decent in his breakout season for spurs. I was surprised they sold him tbh, but I guess the security of a buy back clause makes sense.

AdNani

Don’t want De Jong.
Too much Di Maria vibes.
Doesn’t want to be here, inlove with spanish club, they try to force him out…
No thanks.
i knew the whole thing reminded me of something. I wish someone had mentioned it before

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Good option been impressed with Walker the last 2 season's, also seems like a grafter has an excellent attitude off the pitch.
Same here. Has looked good every time I've watched Southampton. Depending on the price, a pretty decent option.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs

Southampton fans will tell you he's their best RB and LB.

Matt851

I wouldn't. That's valuing KWP way too much.
I think that would be a good deal and one Southampton probably wouldn't go for. Personally I would be happy with signing him if not excited. Prob not good enough to be our starting right back in the long term but better than anyone we have right now

Sea-Cow

Possibly over McTominay, but zero chance over Fred especially as a more advanced central mid. Winks is a tidy player, but nothing more. Fred is the superior player.
You may be right. And on reflection, it is probably a case of the grass being greener with a player that I admit I don't watch often, versus two players that I unfortunately DO watch often.

criticalanalysis

Wasn't there some stat that showed KWP to be one of the most heavily involved full backs in final third plays in Europe?

I swear I saw something in the Malacia thread..

lysglimt

Scout
So to sum it up - FDJ either:
a) has a list of 100 reasons not to join United under any circumstances - or
b) he is open to join United if he can't agree something with Barca

:)

edcunited1878

Patience is no longer a virtue...it is a soft skill. Would rather United continue to phase out players and sell who they can, while identifying and securing the proper players for EtH.

It was always going to take multiple transfer windows to chop and change the squad.

Looking forward to Eriksen and the approach EtH and staff go forward with during the preseason, but most importantly, the league matches before the window closes on 1 September.

Status
Not open for further replies.