Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affirmation

We shouldn't even hesitate with that transfer proposal, getting rid Maguire should be one of our priorities this transfer window. It would go a long way to helping to ease tensions in that dressing room, Ronaldo should be probably be sold too for that reason. Not to mention, Pulisic would be a nice addition to this squad, but I would prefer if we recouped at least some of the money we bought him for.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We'd be left with a permacrocked Varane and Martinez, who the jury is still out on as far as Premier League adaptation goes. They can have Lindelof, though.
Lindelof is a much better player than Maguire.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We shouldn't even hesitate with that transfer proposal, getting rid Maguire should be one of our priorities this transfer window. It would go a long way to helping to ease tensions in that dressing room, Ronaldo should be probably be sold too for that reason. Not to mention, Pulisic would be a nice addition to this squad, but I would prefer if we recouped at least some of the money we bought him for.
I'd leap at the opportunity of flogging him for a loss as long as it wasn't a huge drop off.

sparx99

Just Need BR to hold firm on Fofana. Don't bend over now you scouse twat.
Sell Maguire.
Take Pulisic back in exchange.
Sign FDJ with the money saved by not overpaying for Antony.
Buy Vanderson/Gusto and Gakpo.
Sell AWB & Garner/McTominay.

Summer 2023
Buy Fofana & Antony & a ball playing gk

De Gea/Heaton

Vanderson/Dalot
Varane/Lindelof
Martinez/Tuanzebe/Jones
Shaw/Malacia/Williams

FDJ/Eriksen/Garner
Casemiro/Fred

Sancho/Pulisic
Eriksen/Bruno
Rashford/Gakpo

Ronaldo/Martial

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Today's date needs threadmark.

Signed Casemiro
Strong rumour about Maguire
String rumour about McTominay
Positive things regarding Antony

Best transfer day this summer

UTD_Since_1978

If Maguire leaves this summer I would be gobsmacked but very happy & I say "very happy" despite being bottom of the league!

Wing Attack Plan R

Lindelof is a much better player than Maguire.
I have always rated Lindelof higher than Maguire. I guess it comes down to what a person wants their CB to do. I see Lindelof as being a better passer, better positioning, faster, better marking, better turning, etc. the only thing Maguire has over him is heading the ball away randomly. Some people love seeing a giant blockhead nod a ball into row z.

lysglimt

Scout
Is there a worst defender than Maguire has been for us?
Maguire was solid for us for 2 seasons until he completely lost it last year - as well as everyone lost. Let's not make it sound like he has been awful for 3 years

allesreiniger

Supports
ajax
Most of us laughed and dismissed the Casemiro rumours when they first came out a few days ago.

Really unexpected signing, but very happy we have managed to get him.
I totally agree, would have never thought this transfer would be landed. Hope he fullfils the expectations on midfield.

Albin Johansson

You'd have to be deluded to suggest that maguire is making the team better compared to lindelöf, especially in a context where ETH would expect his team to press high. However, If you brits haven't seen it yet I don't think you ever will. If he wasn't the captain he'd already be out, and can't wait for him to be left out the starting XL unless we start playing three at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.