Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony BoB

Why not? We have Ronaldo , sancho , Rashford, Martial and Garnacho and Elanga

Ronaldo - kicking on and doesn't really want to be here
Sancho - Left winger playing on the right who hasn't exactly set it on fire yet. Talent there but needs players around him
Rashford- hasn't played well in nearly a year and a half. Don't get me wrong he is talented but we need more from him week in week out.
Martial - frustrating, doesn't look interested and even on loan failed to impress
Garnacho - looks like he has potential but is he ready just yet?
Elanga - not sure he is a real prospect. Decent but not sure he will kick on

On top of that we lost Cavani and Greenwood. So my original question Why not?
To be fair, he said he wasn't buying that we'll be in for both, not that he doesn't think it's justified.

Aouer-United

Four more signings: Sommer, Gusto, De Jong and Antony would be nice.

Sommer
Gusto Varane Martinez Malacia
Casemiro, De Jong
Antony Eriksen Sancho
Ronaldo

New striker next season.
Assuming this happens, we just have a new whole team, just 14 months later since our Europa league final.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seems to me that a lot of people have.

I hate to see people try and reduce him to crosses and set pieces. He was so much more than that, an exceptionally gifted footballer and he worked harder than anyone else on the pitch.
I know a guy who thinks Anderton was better.
Daftest football opinion I've ever heard.

Woziak

Two would be one too many I think like the first half of last season. Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Elanga, Garnacho, + 2? One going would make sense. Hopefully Ronaldo first.
Last season only 3 subs was allowed, this season is 5 which is why even more goals will be scored between minutes 75 and 95

Woziak

Not only that. Between 1999 and 2003 he was voted in the top 8 in the best player in the world category 5 seasons (!!) in a row, including 2nd in 99 and 2001. I wonder how many players in the history of football can say this, can’t be that many. He was a brilliant footballer.
I went to a game where we beat Forrest 8-1 away where ole got 4 from the bench and watching Beckham pull strings in midfield like a quarter back was unreal I swear it hit a pass 70 yards that was maybe 5 inches inside the goal post line in play and then spun backwards 6 feet into I think Andy Cole path, he used to hit long diagonal passes with backspin all the time, no idea how he did it but Beckham was genuinely world class for at least a decade that’s why he played for Milan, Madrid, Utd, PSG and he suited European football, Zidane and Ronaldo Brazilian loved him. People tend to forget his England career too, correct me if I’m wrong wasn’t he the first England player to score in 3 consecutive World Cups 1998, 2002, 2006

ForeverRed1

Becks wasn’t exciting, couldn’t beat his man and had no great tricks. But his crossing and dead ball ability were exceptional.
Ronaldo & Nani were our last really exciting right wingers.
Every time becks got the ball you knew he could do something with it. He was actually very good with the ball and beating people, rarely lost it and that’s without mentioning the absolute wand for a right foot. He was special.

In 1999, treble winning year, he came second in balon dor. Defo one of the best wingers we have ever had without a doubt.

Woziak

Every time becks got the ball you knew he could do something with it. He was actually very good with the ball and beating people, rarely lost it and that’s without mentioning the absolute wand for a right foot. He was special.

In 1999, treble winning year, he came second in balon dor. Defo one of the best wingers we have ever had without a doubt.
Imagine Prime 25 year old Beckham now, Captain leader, Baller, winner, could run all day, play anywhere in the Midfield no6, no 8, no 10, RWB available on the Market he’d be worth £100-150m and always get you 10-12 goals a season from midfield without taking pens

jeepers

Seems to me that a lot of people have.

I hate to see people try and reduce him to crosses and set pieces. He was so much more than that, an exceptionally gifted footballer and he worked harder than anyone else on the pitch.
People remember him for what he was most known for, but Becks is criminally underrated. That four of him, Giggs, Keane and Scholes, oh man, what a midfield. They would outplay (not outrun) all our midfield combinations since Fergie retired.

avgp_1

Imagine Prime 25 year old Beckham now, Captain leader, Baller, winner, could run all day, play anywhere in the Midfield no6, no 8, no 10, RWB available on the Market he’d be worth £100-150m and always get you 10-12 goals a season from midfield without taking pens
Yeah I think he would be even more highly sought after in this current age. An ace playmaker with a great engine who could be accommodated in any system

sparx99

That would take our spending close to £300m
If we were to sell McTominay, Garner and AWB that could bring it down to the £250m range which isn’t unheard of from big teams (just not us).

I don’t think Gakpo gets done unless Ronaldo is being sold.

Casemiro and Fred could be the energetic midfielder while De Jong and Eriksen are the playmakers. Bruno and VdB the no10’s.

Rauður Djöfull

Four more signings: Sommer, Gusto, De Jong and Antony would be nice.

Sommer
Gusto Varane Martinez Malacia
Casemiro, De Jong
Antony Eriksen Sancho
Ronaldo

New striker next season.
Would be amazing and club should be working on it but doubt they'd bring in all four

Red_toad

Never said he wasn’t special, just personal opinion that I find players with breathtaking acceleration and who glide past players as exciting. Such as Kanchelskis, Giggs, NanI, Ronnie (1st time at United). Becks simply wasn’t that type of player.
Odd that people have taken it that I said he’s not a great player or wasn’t entertaining.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hopefully this is true that we don’t want to pursue Pulisic, hopefully Boehly is still looking to take Maguire as his statement English signing though. Maguire needs to leave for the benefit of his own career and the benefit of me not having to watch him play for us :)

TsuWave

Why is everything being leaked in advance? Why did journalists know 4 days ago Maguire was being dropped for varane?
What’s leaking? Doesn’t the media have access to some training sessions? They can see who’s training alongside who, no?

Ace_Ventura

Didn't realize we offered 375K/week to Casemiro. That's insane, no wonder he couldn't refuse. I am obviously fully behind this signing because he's actually a world class player but there's a just that little bit of risk if it doesn't work out you have a player on massive wages for rest of his contract.

TheReligion

Abusive
I consider it irrelevant :houllier:

Can't imagine what Varane was selling to Casemiro to be fair, what positive has he got from this last year except the pay check?
Nothing. The club is shite mate. We should just not bother anymore and drop down to the Vanerama Northern Conference. If it means Glazers out great.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why is everything being leaked in advance? Why did journalists know 4 days ago Maguire was being dropped for varane?
The news broke in an article claiming he was unhappy and Chelsea were interested.
I will give you one guess as to who leaked it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That is fooking mental.

What the hell does he base that on?
He's s Tottenham fan for starters, and hates us. So straight away he's a bit warped.

Him and Hoddle for those few games at the world cup seem to be the only two in the world who agree.

cyberman

So many amazing moments in a Madrid shirt. What were we thinking?
Back in the day when we actually had a manager who thought long term instead of trying to rinse every bit of talent out of a player before panicking when he can’t do it anymore .

Oranges038

He's s Tottenham fan for starters, and hates us. So straight away he's a bit warped.

Him and Hoddle for those few games at the world cup seem to be the only two in the world who agree.
So he's still just bitter that Becks decided to move to Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.