Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

AWB doesn’t even fit the modern full back stereotype. If this was 2005, he’d have plenty of suitors but he’s really limited at attacking and that doesn’t fly in this day and age.

I’d like to think our senior scouts purely got sacked for thinking he was the best option out of 80 right backs they shortlisted or whatever number it is, because what the feck. A more suitable, better right back was already at the club and for whatever reason Solskjaer wanted nothing to do with him (despite that player suited the way Solskjaer said he wanted to play!), bought AWB and played him every game possible.

But yes, a right back would be nice I guess but a new striker is paramount. The need for a right back has lessened due to Dalot. I’d go for Timber and kill two birds with one stone (another right back and another centre back in one player).
Going with AWB as the starter was the right decision. Dalot improved loads by going out on loan and not having to compete with AWB. He was a much better player last season than he was previously.

croadyman

Add together a transfer fee for AWB, what are no doubt the silly wages we are paying him and Ronny’s wages to boot…we will easily be able to afford an attacker. You have to remember - the concrete links for attackers this summer were not the big name 80/100 million signings (Osimhen, Martinez, Nkunku) the concrete links were for much lesser names that could fit ETHs way of playing such as Arnautovic, Brobbey, Sesko (€15-20 million).

I can see ETH having a Haller/Tadic signing in mind and making it work. Asensio, Depay, Lozano, Belotti, all getable…fuking hell…Danny Ings would improve us!
Yeah despite the lack of options in January we really need to find someone until the big name ones are available next summer

Deery

Dreary
Add together a transfer fee for AWB, what are no doubt the silly wages we are paying him and Ronny’s wages to boot…we will easily be able to afford an attacker. You have to remember - the concrete links for attackers this summer were not the big name 80/100 million signings (Osimhen, Martinez, Nkunku) the concrete links were for much lesser names that could fit ETHs way of playing such as Arnautovic, Brobbey, Sesko (€15-20 million).

I can see ETH having a Haller/Tadic signing in mind and making it work. Asensio, Depay, Lozano, Belotti, all getable…fuking hell…Danny Ings would improve us!
I’d like that Sesko he looks decent and can pass a bit plus find the net, no point spending money on a player we don’t need.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • United sources admit that the club has too many right-footed left wingers.
  • The club prefers to continue the rebuild in the summer rather than in January.
The above two bullet points in Tweet form:

croadyman

• United sources admit that the club has too many right-footed left wingers.
  • The club prefers to continue the rebuild in the summer rather than in January.
The above two bullet points in Tweet form:

Uh oh continue in the summer,that's exactly the line coming out the club last winter too

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Source (Tier 2):
SER DEPORTIVOS BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United consider making a new bid for João Félix
  • United are still interested in Félix.
  • The new bid will be at a lower price than what was "proposed" in the summer.
    • Summer offer reminder: €125m
  • PSG are still monitoring Félix.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It needs to be, Donny doesn't assert himself enough in games, he's often invisible and doesn't influence the game enough. Last night and last weekend we basically played with 10 men when he was on the pitch.
I don't dispute that one iota. Maybe it's more delicate for ETH to push him out than the other unwanted ones. But he contributes nothing. And he won't do unless the whole team plays by and large in the opposition third. He is tactically extremely limited.

lysglimt

Scout
I am sorry but I dont see it with Joao Felix - as an 18 year old when he joined Atletico, you can't expect that much consistency - but he is now 23 and he still doesn't score goals. He has scored exactly 1 goal in 4 matches for one of the best clubs in Spain - that is simply not good enough.

Demaw

Tier 2:

Source (Tier 2):

• United are still interested in Félix.
  • The new bid will be at a lower price than what was "proposed" in the summer.
    • Summer offer reminder: €125m
  • PSG are still monitoring Félix.
who would play 125 million?? Like Maguire is worth 50 million? :annoyed:

Erik the Red

who would play 125 million?? Like Maguire is worth 50 million? :annoyed:
I have no problem giving Atletico Madrid the €125m they paid for Feix, so long as they give us the £80m we paid for Maguire, the £50m for AWB, and the £13m for Ronaldo. By my calculation, ATM owe us €38m (there is a reason they are known as ATM!!!)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I am sorry but I dont see it with Joao Felix - as an 18 year old when he joined Atletico, you can't expect that much consistency - but he is now 23 and he still doesn't score goals. He has scored exactly 1 goal in 4 matches for one of the best clubs in Spain - that is simply not good enough.
A club that plays defensively first, the chances he would get elsewhere will allow him to grow his goal scoring

frookydinho

I'd rather we get rid of Lindelof before Maguire, but hopefully we'll replace Maguire with someone who makes Lindelof fourth choice.
I would agree, but with Maguires current form/reputation/cost of wages and perhaps (not saying he has) any dressing room discontent (I.e maybe not as respected as club captain), it is probably better getting Maguire sold first and then like you said, placing Lindeloff as 4th choice if a new defender is bought in.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bayern are not stupid, only reason this works for them is if he's on 100k a week so the marketing boost will offset the cost, Ronaldo has next to zero worth as a footballer anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.