Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Getting rid of players who obviously don’t cut it is just good business.

Alive She Cried

Seems a bit clickbaity to me, after all, the Telegraph article goes on to say:

"Nonetheless, Premier League rivals such as Arsenal and Chelsea, who have also spent heavily but have smaller revenue streams than United, may find they have even tighter headroom with the new Uefa rules. United have also tended to operate with a healthier wage-to-turnover ratio than most leading domestic and European rivals.

It is thought United – who are supportive of the regulations and recognise the importance of financial fair play, which will have ramifications across Europe – believe the fact the club operates a positive equity on their balance sheet unlike many leading rivals is also an advantage as it will permit the “allowable” loss under the Uefa regulations."

Robertd0803

Not doom and gloom just yet, Id fully expect the likes of Maguire/AWB and a few others moved along and that will cover the cost of 1 player in theory.

What will worry me is paying 70 million plus for a Harry Kane whose legs are going to fall off.

Crimson King

Seems a bit clickbaity to me, after all, the Telegraph article goes on to say:

"Nonetheless, Premier League rivals such as Arsenal and Chelsea, who have also spent heavily but have smaller revenue streams than United, may find they have even tighter headroom with the new Uefa rules. United have also tended to operate with a healthier wage-to-turnover ratio than most leading domestic and European rivals.

It is thought United – who are supportive of the regulations and recognise the importance of financial fair play, which will have ramifications across Europe – believe the fact the club operates a positive equity on their balance sheet unlike many leading rivals is also an advantage as it will permit the “allowable” loss under the Uefa regulations."
Yeah, but people are less likely to click the link if the article is titled 'everyone worse off under new FFP rules, but Man Utd less so, which is why they're keen on it'.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I mean.... paying to get a striker that Burnley itself had to loan out ... and that Messi cussed out in front of the whole media...

Bring it on :devil::devil::devil:
Let’s busy this narrative going round .. Burnley only loaned him out because he had a contract agreement that he would be loaned out in the event of relegation as he didn’t want to be playing in the championship during the run up to the World Cup

sparx99

Not doom and gloom just yet, Id fully expect the likes of Maguire/AWB and a few others moved along and that will cover the cost of 1 player in theory.

What will worry me is paying 70 million plus for a Harry Kane whose legs are going to fall off.
Henderson
Telles
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Maguire
AWB
Brandon Williams
Elanga/Pellistri/Amad
Van de Beek

Even with very low fees for a few of these there should be plenty of funds raised.

Assuming De Gea extends his deal we’d probably only want four signings.

RB
CB
CM
ST

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Henderson
Telles
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Maguire
AWB
Brandon Williams
Elanga/Pellistri/Amad
Van de Beek

Even with very low fees for a few of these there should be plenty of funds raised.

RB
CB
CM
ST
Yeah that's a sensible list even though some will likely leave on loan with options etc it doesn't cut our options down too much with most already not being at the club or not featuring at all.

Amad will likely come back in as a rotation option meaning we're solid in attack with the new striker added. So the 3 defensive minded replacements would make sense.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Henderson
Telles
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Maguire
AWB
Brandon Williams
Elanga/Pellistri/Amad
Van de Beek

RB
CB
CM
ST
I think I'd probably prefer AWB to stay and we ignore the RB position and get another GK in instead (with De Gea moving to number 2)

croadyman

Henderson
Telles
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Maguire
AWB
Brandon Williams
Elanga/Pellistri/Amad
Van de Beek

RB
CB
CM
ST
Yeah I would say for first XI

CM
ST

For squad depth (cover)

CB
RB

Erik the Red

Yeah I would say for first XI

CM
ST

For squad depth (cover)

CB
RB
I would argue we also need another ST for the squad (maybe make WW deal permanent), but the great thing is that for the first time in 10 years it looks like we actually have a plan in place and are following that plan, not copying the Chelsea school of transfer policy.

BuzzKillington

Yeah that's a sensible list even though some will likely leave on loan with options etc it doesn't cut our options down too much with most already not being at the club or not featuring at all.

Amad will likely come back in as a rotation option meaning we're solid in attack with the new striker added. So the 3 defensive minded replacements would make sense.
If Sunderland come up we could probably get a very decent fee for Amad off them. He’s very popular there, or at least seems so on the Sunderland forums. Stick a buy back in and let him develop whilst making some short term cash.

croadyman

I would argue we also need another ST for the squad (maybe make WW deal permanent), but the great thing is that for the first time in 10 years it looks like we actually have a plan in place and are following that plan, not copying the Chelsea school of transfer policy.
Probably even a DM for the squad too

klayton88

Would be good

Would be good to straight sell him but I have no time for a loan seal with us still paying his wages or something similar. He's had more game time than most trying to breakthrough at United and he's not exactly impressed. Loved him in the u23s but he's a prime example of the levels between youth and first team football.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Would be good

Great for us if he manages to do something that would put him in the shop window, but I can't see what he'd offer over their other forward/wing options who also run around a lot but can't score for shite.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is the King Tweet that contained the Elanga info (Tier 4):

Meh, there's nothing new there. I was expecting something more.

saivet

Tier 1:

Crystal Palace were looking at Wan-Bissaka but have now moved on to other options.
No fan of AWB but replacing him with Semedo would be an odd move. Really haven't rated him at Wolves.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:
Despite loan offers with option (Valencia, Flamengo, among others), Manchester United had a meeting with Facundo Pellistri's agent and let him know that the intention is for him to stay.
Next week there will be a new talk, but it is difficult to change anything.
Partial translation:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
No fan of AWB but replacing him with Semedo would be an odd move. Really haven't rated him at Wolves.
Must be some of the crap we have in the front office who is driving the interest in Semedo. He has been really poor for Wolves, gives up on plays regularly, doesn’t compete, looks weak mentality-wise. He is as big of a reason as any for why Wolves has been struggling this year as any. And I mean — that is of course the reason for why Wolves are interested in AWB, Semedo is just regularly costing them games.

GwilDor

Official: Wout Weghorst signs for United on loan from Burnley

Last tweet is a little vague. Are we paying both Besiktas(€2.825) and Burnley(£2.6), or just one of them?
Do we have any info on what Besiktas originally paid for the full season?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Last tweet is a little vague. Are we paying both Besiktas(€2.825) and Burnley(£2.6), or just one of them?
Do we have any info on what Besiktas originally paid for the full season?
We're paying only £2.6m to Burnley. They're paying the rest of the total that goes to Besiktas. I can't find any info on Besiktas's loan fee. None of the reliable sources reported it when Weghorst was loaned out last summer.

Tinúviel

*Apperantly i cant reply to someone who posted a tweet in their post. But this post is a reply to @mazhar13 (you are brilliant btw, thanks for everything you contribute to this forum)*

This is very good news!

We spend a lot of money on supertalented kids. If we dont give them a chance, whats the point? Without naming any names, whats the point in spending loads on a player marginally better than what we can find in the youth teams?

I get that we are one of the expected top teams and dont have the same leeway as a team who isnt expected to compete. But if we spend as much as we have on talented kids, there should be a bigger payoff.

Luckily for us i think we have the right man in charge who can change that and combine buying established players and ease some of our talented kids in.
Knowing very little about the man before he came here im very impressed with his work.

Red_toad

Are we ‘done’ for bringing players in during this window then?
can see a few will get loaned or sold when the panic transfers start in just over a week…

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Saw that De Jong is costing Barca 40m a year in wages and taxes [sic, probably refers to amortization]: (https://theathletic.com/4027776/2022/12/26/barcelona-january-transfer-scramble/?source=twitteruk). That is unsustainable for them given the financial issues they are facing. Like it’s literary at a point were De Jong’s earnings and amortization equals more than 10% of what Barca’s entire squad can cost them.

Unless they can cut costs, it will result in them not being able to resign their young future core and registering their players.

Can they force De Jong out? Not technically, but they can kick him off the squad and make De Jong chose between sitting at him getting paid for 4 years or accepting a transfer.

Barca have to reduce their salary bill from €600m to something close to €400m,” Tebas said in late November at a ceremony where he was named executive of the year by the Spanish business magazine Ejecutivos. “The question is: are they on that path or not?”

The most obvious hitch in Barca’s planning for January is their inability to honour senior deals promised to some of their most promising and ambitious youngsters
.”

Are we ‘done’ for bringing players in during this window then?
can see a few will get loaned or sold when the panic transfers start in just over a week…
It’s being discussed in the What do we still need thread, but there is all the reason in the world for our management to be as eager as finding a replacement for Donny as they were for Ronaldo. We need more depth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.