Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
  • Aston Villa want Nico Williams.
  • Wolverhampton are almost certain to lose Ruben Neves and Joao Moutinho.
  • Leandro Paredes, Samuel Umtiti, Kang-In Lee and Angel Di Maria.
Other bits:
  • Paredes will return to PSG.
    • Juventus won't acquire him permanently.
    • PSG will make Paredes's summer departure favourable.
  • Juve are negotiating another season-long loan for Di Maria.
    • His high salary may become an obstacle.
  • Umtiti will return to Barcelona from Lecce.
    • Barcelona will look to sell him on favourable terms.
  • Nico Williams' buyout clause amount: €50m
  • Clubs have submitted offers (informal, I'm guessing) for Wolves centre back Max Kilman.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Tier 1:

Other bits:
  • Di Maria will return to PSG.
    • Juventus won't acquire him permanently but are negotiating another season-long loan.
    • PSG will make di Maria's summer departure favourable if Juventus can't agree on the loan deal.
    • Di Maria's high salary may become an obstacle.
  • Clubs have submitted offers (informal, I'm guessing) for Wolves centre back Max Kilman.
Surely we're not waiting for the sale to go through before commencing transfer activity? We have an ongoing budget and a department dedicated to transfers and recruitment, which have to already be factored into the sale price and the bids that were made.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Surely we're not waiting for the sale to go through before commencing transfer activity? We have an ongoing budget and a department dedicated to transfers and recruitment, which have to already be factored into the sale price and the bids that were made.
You would hope so, otherwise we are a big trouble with these two clowns holding everything up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There's still a ton of uncertainty about what the Glazers themselves want. Until that gets sorted out, United will not necessarily be able to get their work done early enough given that plans will change if new ownership comes in.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
There's still a ton of uncertainty about what the Glazers themselves want. Until that gets sorted out, United will not necessarily be able to get their work done early enough given that plans will change if new ownership comes in.
If that's the case, then our summer is in big trouble, even if the sale were to go through today. Most important transfers are close to being done at this point. If we're just getting started now, we're months behind everyone else.

Telsim

Tier 1:

Other bits:
Lee Kang-in
Any scouts? Who is he?

Remember the geese

If that's the case, then our summer is in big trouble, even if the sale were to go through today. Most important transfers are close to being done at this point. If we're just getting started now, we're months behind everyone else.
Yes, this the reality. We can move for a striker, but everything else is sales dependent and therefore won't be resolved until the takeover is complete.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Exactly. Fortunately for us, we seem to have a few clear targets in the striker department, so we should be there for the most part. It's everywhere else where the uncertainty lies. If we wanted to, we could have been risk averse and decided that a new quality midfielder would depend on the sales, but that includes an opportunity cost with the new ownership. If we decided to get risky and aim higher, then the Glazers may not necessarily sanction that activity.

It's a real tough spot for United, so let's see how they proceed from here.

sparx99

Any scouts? Who is he?
He was a promising attacking midfielder at Valencia a few years back before being sold to Mallorca.

I’m not really sure what we would do with him. Maybe cheap cover for Bruno and wide areas? Maybe a cynical marketing signing.

sleepehead

He was a promising attacking midfielder at Valencia a few years back before being sold to Mallorca.

I’m not really sure what we would do with him. Maybe cheap cover for Bruno and wide areas? Maybe a cynical marketing signing.
Watched 1 video of him, he seems to have quick feet can play across 3 positions but he seems more like a squad player than anything. Kinda reminds me of Pellistri if he continued to improve, but seems to have more burst and can evade well.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Never heard of him. He's an attacking midfieder apparently. South Korean.
There is an existing thread on the football forum: Kang-In Lee - Valencia Prodigy
Can play CM, LM, LW, CAM Mallorca has been using him on the left-sided midfield/winger primarily this season.

Very good at dribbling, ball retention, passing. He's the talisman on a mid-table Mallorca side which would be at the bottom of the La Liga table without him.

Fbref stats - Kang-in Lee

I think he'd do well in deputizing for Eriksen or Bruno. Very much compared to David Silva in terms of technical ability.
Would be a welcome signing and quite reasonable as his buyout is listed at €20M.

I believe it would be better for his growth if he went to a mid-tier PL team like Wolves or Villa,
but then again if you're looking to buy cheap and develop - now would be the time to buy.

According to Matteo Moretto, we had someone make 1st contact directly with his agent - to gauge interest from the player in coming to play for us.
This is pure speculation on my part, but Kang-in grew up idolizing PJS so if United came knocking, he'd probably be receptive.

Last edited:

ti vu

Tier 1:

Other bits:
Worrying if we are again reactive at the end of the window. It would borh limit the options we can choose, and shopping late often means overpaying in football.

croadyman

Worrying if we are again reactive at the end of the window. It would borh limit the options we can choose, and shopping late often means overpaying in football.
Yeah we learnt that with Antony deal

pogs

There is an existing thread on the football forum: Kang-In Lee - Valencia Prodigy
Can play CM, LM, LW, CAM Mallorca has been using him on the left-sided midfield/winger primarily this season.

Very good at dribbling, ball retention, passing. He's the talisman on a mid-table Mallorca side which would be at the bottom of the La Liga table without him.

Fbref stats - Kang-in Lee

I think he'd do well in deputizing for Eriksen or Bruno. Very much compared to David Silva in terms of technical ability.
Would be a welcome signing and quite reasonable as his buyout is listed at €20M.

I believe it would be better for his growth if he went to a mid-tier PL team like Wolves or Villa,
but then again if you're looking to buy cheap and develop - now would be the time to buy.

According to Matteo Moretto, we had someone make 1st contact directly with his agent - to gauge interest from the player in coming to play for us.
This is pure speculation on my part, but Kang-in grew up idolizing PJS so if United came knocking, he'd probably be receptive.
Very press resistent, has very good forward pass and dribbling, and good free kick taker. Can play any position of 10, 7 and 8. It was often said that this kid's weakness was physicality, laziness and too much dwelling on the ball, but after world cup the kid seems like reinvented himself physically. (his thighs bulked up twice than before). Genuinely exciting prospect now and I think Utd should sign him with such a low price.

Reactions: mazhar13

Dazzmondo

Hope Pellistri's loan goes as well as Amad's. Think he already did enough to get more game time tbh, but I guess he wasn't as impressive in training (though I do feel like ETH generally doesn't trust young players as much if they haven't already performed for another top team, even Garnacho hasn't started as many games as he probably should have).

sleepehead

Hope Pellistri's loan goes as well as Amad's. Think he already did enough to get more game time tbh, but I guess he wasn't as impressive in training (though I do feel like ETH generally doesn't trust young players as much if they haven't already performed for another top team, even Garnacho hasn't started as many games as he probably should have).
Garnacho is competing with Rashford key difference. If Garnacho could play as well in other positions he'd probably play more but he can't play as well so he doesn't get more minutes

Dazzmondo

Garnacho is competing with Rashford key difference. If Garnacho could play as well in other positions he'd probably play more but he can't play as well so he doesn't get more minutes
There were times when Rashford was playing up front or when he was injured when Garnacho still wasn't getting starts, including just our last game against Bournemouth

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There were times when Rashford was playing up front or when he was injured when Garnacho still wasn't getting starts, including just our last game against Bournemouth
Hasn’t he just come back from injury?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Interesting, another young, ball carrying midfielder. That's Kone, Kang In-Lee and him now linked - certainly feels like we're targeting more than one midfielder, which is encouraging for me.

Erik the Red

Interesting, another young, ball carrying midfielder. That's Kone, Kang In-Lee and him now linked - certainly feels like we're targeting more than one midfielder, which is encouraging for me.
Could be an attempt to flush out FDJ and Barcelona. Last year, we put all our eggs in the FDJ basket, and nothing happened. They need to know we will buy a ball carrying midfielder this year - either they deal with us, or we will move on and they are stuck with each other for the rest of FDJ's contract.

SAF is the GOAT

United do these scouting regularly, its not special

Status
Not open for further replies.