Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

gajender

Surely any player compensation ought to be factored in to the transfer fee.

How much will PSG need to pay Neymar? What about Kane's payoff?
They will be earning more than they are currently by moving in terms of wages so no they won't be demanding to compensate for lost wages .

OmarUnited4ever

I think both Kane and Neymar are moving to teams that will pay them significantly more than what they earn now hence selling club does not have to pay anything to the departing player

In our case most of our players that we get rid of are sold to teams that might pay them less than what they earn at United, hence some times the club will agree some sort of a payment term to incentivise the player to leave.

Paul778

I think both Kane and Neymar are moving to teams that will pay them significantly more than what they earn now hence selling club does not have to pay anything to the departing player

In our case most of our players that we get rid of are sold to teams that might pay them less than what they earn at United, hence some times the club will agree some sort of a payment term to incentivise the player to leave.
Its easier for the selling club to define the payoff rather than the buying club butvfactoring it into the transfer. This avoids upsetting the buying clubs wage structure and players

AFC NimbleThumb

I’d say it is in the case they’re getting England’s vice captain for £30mil & are paying him ‘only’ £100k a week.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Isn’t Amrabat cheaper and better?
Cheaper, yes. Better, I'm not too sure about that. They are very different profile of midfielders but Amrabat might struggle to really make an impact in the PL. Every time I've seen him play for Fiorentina, he thrives when the game suits his pace.

The PL will be a very different cup of tea and Onana has great potential, and yet could still contribute immediately.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Álvaro Fernández Carreras (2003), on the exit ramp of Manchester United.
  • Teams interested in the Galician player: Granada, UD Las Palmas, Espanyol, West Ham, Burnley and Eintracht Frankfurt.
  • United are asking for around €7m (£5m).

Red00012

Source (Tier 1):
£5 million for Preston’s Young player of the year last season???? Why are we low balling we must really be short of cash flow.
If he was a city/Liverpool /Chelsea player they’d be looking for £15 million and that’s not exaggerated.

ZupZup

That's ridiculous... he will turn out to be a better left back than Malacia will.

saivet

He seems more of the Fred profile rather than being able step in and cover for Casemiro.

He'd probably be an improvement on McT in backing up Casemiro but doesn't seem a good fit if the intention is to be cover for Casemiro (as well as playing alongside him in tougher games).

Aside from the profile, from what I've seen I'm not convinced he's all that good anyway.

hobbers

If he was a City Chelsea or Dortmund loanee he'd be selling for £20m in this window. Just the usual United clownshow.

Giggsyking

Why not look at his showing on Saturday
I am not going to lie. I have not seen him more than 10 times play. So my judgment is maybe tainted by the Everton and Belgium shows last season. But what I remember off his performances was not impressive. Amrabat gave him a game to forget and he was subbed off in the 60th min in the world cup game against Morocco.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Source (Tier 1):
I’m not as big a fan as some around here. Don’t think he’s good defensively and lacks pace. Let him go elsewhere to reinvent himself and buy him back if he becomes good. There’s no point holding him just for the sake of it to loan him again

James35

Source (Tier 1):
I’m a bit gutted to read that, yeah hopefully a buy back option and sell on clause inserted in any sale. Looks a good player to me, better on the ball than Malacia also from what I have seen.

We do seem to be quite desperate for money. Hopefully we will see some movement on Amrabat soon.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Source (Tier 1):
Genuinely thought he’d be good enough for the first team. He was more talented than Jurado from reports.

Last edited:

Dazzmondo

Source (Tier 1):
Disappointed by that. Think he has a lot of potential and certainly should be going for more than €7m if we are to sell him. Don't see why we'd be considering selling for that amount, not like it's going to make the difference in terms of getting another player and his wages will be low.

Plastic Evra

Again, that seems like a remarkably low fee for a player who did very well out on loan last year.
If there's a buyback clause I imagine it would have to be fixed at a higher sum. A sell on clause attached also might decrease the upfront price.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Not many of the youngsters we purchased over the past few years and had high hopes for have progressed that well have they?

Dazzmondo

Not many of the youngsters we purchased over the past few years and had high hopes for have progressed that well have they?
It's pretty much just Sancho and Antony though isn't it? Still quite early to write off Antony completely also, even if he hasn't been great so far. Apart from those 2 we've tended to go for older players or players coming into their prime.