Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannn411

Sky sports used to be THE transfer source. Incredible fall from grace.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Aware of FC
Good to know United have a scouting team so vast they're aware of a player from Fiorentina
Who isn't aware of him? He was incredibly well known before the world cup, but after his excellent displays through the tournament I'm sure every football fan on the planet knew who he was. :lol:

But like with Muani and Hojlund I'm not getting my hopes up.
Sheth didn't do a good job with that "aware of" part, but he means to say that United are "aware of" Sofyan Amrabat being available for a purchase. That is to say, Fiorentina have put him on the market and won't stop him from leaving especially since he rejected Fiorentina's new contract offers up to now. We wouldn't be getting this update from Sheth if Fiorentina didn't put Amrabat up for sale.

James35

Tier 2:

Key point:
Why are we not just selling him and buying a better player. What is the uncertainty exactly - that no one will pay what we want for him or that we may want to keep him? Regardless he is clearly not a defensive midfielder and also proven to be not good enough if we have ambitions to challenge.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Tier 2:

Key point:
How about we proactively sell him and sign an actual, decent defensive midfielder?
McTominay is far better further up the pitch and he should join a team where he’ll be able to play there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why are we not just selling him and buying a better player. What is the uncertainty exactly - that no one will pay what we want for him or that we may want to keep him? Regardless he is clearly not a defensive midfielder and also proven to be not good enough if we have ambitions to challenge.
United want to sell him for a good fee and not just for any price. Their stance of not just putting him up for sale will mean that other clubs will need to offer a significant sum of money to have a chance at securing him. If we put him up for sale, then we'd be lowballed by Newcastle and co.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Because he's on big money at United. Who's gonna pay a transfer fee and big wages for him when there are other, better, cheaper alternatives?

Apokalips

I honestly think that while we aren't great in the market, the perception of how bad we are is increased by shit like that from Sky Sports.

Literally nothing. Just a fake update
Pretty much. They clearly all see the comments on forums/twitter of fans moaning how we are "monitoring fc" etc and capitalise on it by throwing variations of those words about us and random players to get those clicks.

Fans get hysterical as if every time a media report comes out, the club are saying or doing something when it's just media rehashing news daily to fill time and space.

UTD_Since_1978

Good to know United have a scouting team so vast they're aware of a player from Fiorentina
And had a decent WC just 6 months ago, I'm sure stuff like that goes under the radar for most club scouts but not United's scouts, so fair play to them to be aware of him, good job, earning their corn.

James35

Unless Rashford is going to be our new striker - quite possible
I feel this is most likely, maybe we get Hojlund also but I think Rashford will be the main forward to start the season. Martial will no doubt be injured and I think Garnacho could be ready to start on the left after hopefully a good pre season.

ArmaDino

The Telegraph mentioned us being interested in a left winger at the start of June too:

It's a weird one.
Interesting. Why would Inited go after a LW?
If Rashford gets injured or goes through a barren spell, who do we have that can deputise?

Martial is made of glass and just about out the door. Sancho runs hot and cold(mostly cold) and seems more effective on the right. So not surprising at all that we need a good LW for depth

Status
Not open for further replies.