Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

After securing Mount's deal, focus is now shifted to Onana and official bid submitted already, the club is really working with speed which is a good thing

croadyman

After securing Mount's deal, focus is now shifted to Onana and official bid submitted already, the club is really working with speed which is a good thing
Still hoping we get in a striker who is able to play some part in the pre season tour UNLESS Erik has plans to go back for Kane in August IF he hasn't joined Bayern

Highfather_24

Onana
Pavard
Amrabat
Mount
Hojlund

Sell Maguire, McT, Henderson, Elanga, Bailly, Telles. Net spend ~100M.

I'll be happy with that. That's a 8/10 window.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Still hoping we get in a striker who is able to play some part in the pre season tour UNLESS Erik has plans to go back for Kane in August IF he hasn't joined Bayern
I think this is the case.

After Onana a striker and possibly another cheaper midfielder

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We're a joke to Serie A/the world. Can't wait for the clowns managing our finances to leave.
I'm growing weary of this narrative. If we start the new season with Onana in goals and Inter with De Gea, having parted with 40 mil, does this make us a joke? Is this not good business? What outcome exactly are we looking for? A straight swap?

Fletchageddon

Notice how this cnut feeds the narrative by quoting our bid in £ and the Inter price in €. Snake.
or get this Billy Brexit, it could just be the currency used in the respective countries of the club and thus the currency the clubs deal in.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'm growing weary of this narrative. If we start the new season with Onana in goals and Inter with De Gea, having parted with 40 mil, does this make us a joke? Is this not good business? What outcome exactly are we looking for? A straight swap?
We don't have anything to swap, DDG is no longer a United player

Big Andy

Bloke
or get this Billy Brexit, it could just be the currency used in the respective countries of the club and thus the currency the clubs deal in.
Nowt to do with Brexit you fecking lunatic. I'm more looking at the fact that people try to make United look like they're incompetent and/or cheap with their narrative.

If I'm working in multiple currencies, I convert one into the other and just use one, otherwise it's just confusing as feck. Use one or the other, I don't care which.

roseguy64

Nowt to do with Brexit you fecking lunatic. I'm more looking at the fact that people try to make United look like they're incompetent and/or cheap with their narrative.

If I'm working in multiple currencies, I convert one into the other and just use one, otherwise it's just confusing as feck. Use one or the other, I don't care which.
How's it affecting you? Calm down. It's not a big deal at all. It's not like he's said it's 60m pounds when it is in fact 60m euros.

Fletchageddon

It could be that Romano is giving fans of the buying club a currency that they deal with and for fans of the selling club the currency they deal with. Romano tweets to a worldwide audience not just one guy in his pants on a United forum. It's not a conspiracy just a currency conversation.

RedRJ

Why would it? The vast majority of the Caf have wanted rid of DDG for the last season or two, so presumably that same vast majority think that Onana is a much better keeper and therefore worth a lot more? Also, DDG is now out of contract so Inter are hardly going to give us Onana on a free.

Highfather_24

Have been zero concrete links to Pavard
There were also zero links to Onana before the CL final, and no links to Amrabat either before recently. Things can change ofcourse. Pavard just makes so much sense.

Capable of playing both CB and RB, can play as an inverted RB, high volume progressive passer, strong in the air and reads the game well. Works well with Varane already. In his prime, and will be cheap. Adds cover in important areas, and improves our buildup from the back.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Have been zero concrete links to Pavard
Recently, there's been nothing, but Loïc Tanzi (Tier 1) has linked us to Pavard a few months back just as Bayern Munich started to plan a revamp of their defence. As of now, no team's approached Bayern Munich for Pavard, but don't be surprised if teams start to get more interested once Bayern Munich are done bringing in their new defenders. There's still a chance for Manchester United to get involved should they get a good deal.

UpWithRivers

There were also zero links to Onana before the CL final, and no links to Amrabat either before recently. Things can change ofcourse. Pavard just makes so much sense.

Capable of playing both CB and RB, can play as an inverted RB, high volume progressive passer, strong in the air and reads the game well. Works well with Varane already. In his prime, and will be cheap. Adds cover in important areas, and improves our buildup from the back.
Im totally with you on this. I thought I was the only one saying it. Pavard is unexpected at the moment but so was Onana and Mount. They are signings that are maybe not world class sexy signings but they are top players that fit Ten Haags system.

I actually think Mount has been bought to cover the right side and help Antony. Pavard would be the perfect completion of the trio. Left side of Shaw, Bruno, Rashford and Right side Pavard, Mount, Antony.

Not sold on Ambrabat though. I hope that's a red herring.

Catalandevil

Inter want €60m (includes bonuses) but are open to a compromise. We'll see what happens after Inter rejected the opening proposal of €40m + €5m in bonuses.
I guess we will improve our offer and sooner than latter they will accept it. We want to buy, they want to sell and the player wants to come. It will take some days, but it will get done. Same scenario as with Mount.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Between that and former quotes...At this point it feels like Inter is just begging us. They clearly aren't playing super hardball where they're playing the "he stays no matter what" line.
That's right. That's why the various reliable journalists were expressing some optimism over a successful sale; Inter are in dire need of money via sales, and Onana will fetch them a good sum of money even if he's not sold for €60m in total.

strandty

Article translation:

By the 5th, it was found out that Manchester United, a prestigious member of the English Premier League, is working to acquire Urawa's U-22 Japan national team goalkeeper Ayan Suzuki (Zion, 20). According to several parties, they have already presented an official offer to win this summer. Negotiations seem to be progressing smoothly, and the transfer is imminent. The transfer fee seems to be as high as 5 million pounds (about 917 million yen), the highest in the history of Japanese players who went abroad from the J-League.

One of the world's best mega clubs has turned its attention to the young guardian deity who is expected to protect the goal mouse of the A representative in the near future. According to several people concerned, Manchester U, which has been scouting Urawa's U-22 Japan national team goalkeeper Suzuki for a long time, highly appreciates its physical ability and future potential. He is finally serious about acquiring it this summer, and he has already made an official offer.

The seriousness is also reflected in the transfer fee offered by Manchester U. According to the people concerned, the amount is an estimated 5 million pounds, which is exceptional for players with zero league participation this season and only 8 games in total. In the case of transferring overseas from the J-League in the past, the transfer fee of 4.5 million pounds (675 million yen at the time) when the Japanese national team FW Kogo Furuhashi (28) transferred from Kobe to his current Celtic in July 2021 is said to be the highest, but this time it is It is expected to be the highest amount in history.

MDFC Manager

Article translation:

By the 5th, it was found out that Manchester United, a prestigious member of the English Premier League, is working to acquire Urawa's U-22 Japan national team goalkeeper Ayan Suzuki (Zion, 20). According to several parties, they have already presented an official offer to win this summer. Negotiations seem to be progressing smoothly, and the transfer is imminent. The transfer fee seems to be as high as 5 million pounds (about 917 million yen), the highest in the history of Japanese players who went abroad from the J-League.

One of the world's best mega clubs has turned its attention to the young guardian deity who is expected to protect the goal mouse of the A representative in the near future. According to several people concerned, Manchester U, which has been scouting Urawa's U-22 Japan national team goalkeeper Suzuki for a long time, highly appreciates its physical ability and future potential. He is finally serious about acquiring it this summer, and he has already made an official offer.

The seriousness is also reflected in the transfer fee offered by Manchester U. According to the people concerned, the amount is an estimated 5 million pounds, which is exceptional for players with zero league participation this season and only 8 games in total. In the case of transferring overseas from the J-League in the past, the transfer fee of 4.5 million pounds (675 million yen at the time) when the Japanese national team FW Kogo Furuhashi (28) transferred from Kobe to his current Celtic in July 2021 is said to be the highest, but this time it is It is expected to be the highest amount in history.
We could do with a guardian deity...

Varun1

Article translation:

Reliable source?

NLunited

You're seeing what you want to see. Are Mount and Eriksen known for their big on pitch character? More so than Maguire was when we signed him? Course not. Mount dissapeared last season when Chelsea struggled, he dissapears at international level. I'm happy we've signed him but the idea his signing is the start of a new approach to transfers is a bit of a nonsense. Eriksen packed in towards the end of his time at Spurs, did nothing at Inter.

Ole started McFred. ETH has dropped them for the much less physically tenacious Eriksen(which I agree with). How does that fit with prioritising physically tenacious players?

Reality is ETH, like all managers, will sign a mixed bag of players. Some slow, some fast, big characters, quiet guys. All dictated by who is available, who we can afford, punts on talent, pragmatism etc etc.
Just about every player Ten Hag has signed has fight and character: Martinez, Malacia, Antony, Casemiro. Mount and Eriksen have a less aggressive profile. Eriksen is a leader, Mount I‘m not sure what he is yet, we will find out.

It does look like Ten Hag favours signings with fight in them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I guess we will improve our offer and sooner than latter they will accept it. We want to buy, they want to sell and the player wants to come. It will take some days, but it will get done. Same scenario as with Mount.
Pretty much. This won't be immediate, but it should get done unless our GK situation changes.

lysglimt

Scout
He has an japanese father, mother from Ghana and was burn in Little Rock, Arkansas - that alone should be reason enough to sign him. :)

But he is very inexperienced so it is highly doubtful that we there is any truth to this

Borninthe80ts

14/8/21 - that was prime Pogba.
The rest of the time he was lazy.
I actually think ETH would not have signed him because he is a Hollywood player that does not play for the team, and is not prepared to do the hard work. Every player, whoever he is, is expected to have the right attitude in an ETH team. He puts more emphasis on attitude and mental strength than other managers, as well as technical ability and ability to play his system / follow instructions, and maybe less emphasis on certain physical traits like height, speed and strength. Antony and Eriksen would not get into a Mourinho type team, but both are ETH choices. Remember this is the guy who played Martinez and Timber as a centreback pairing, with a combined height of 11.5 foot, compared to some teams 12.5 foot.

Hahaha! I’ve not actually got a date for this myself, was more in reply to the post quoting me. It’s weird with Pogba as his talent was clear, he just played in cruise control to much for me. Admittedly I had high expectations and could even forgive the jogging if he then didn’t become lax with the stuff he was brilliant at. However as you say ultimately it’s a team game and in a team where everyone has to run, like Ten’s, I agree he would probably not have survived.

Anyway I hope that the players that come in, as you suggest, will be right for the system and add to the culture reset that is currently underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.