g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
"Exploring" doesn't mean anything.

United have scouting files on 1000s of players in every league in the world. We're effectively "exploring" or "considering" or "interested in" all of them.

This is just journalist speak for "I've seen somebody else report it and I don't want to be left out".
The interest is real I suspect. Really don’t understand why people get so wound up by “considering” surely we can all understand that he may be one of a number of options for our number 2 position and he’s considered a target?

Extensive talks is the worst like is that just Murtagh saying please can we have him over and over till the other party gets fed up?
I think buying a football player is more complex than simply adding to cart and then heading to the checkout.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Tier 2:
I can’t work out whether that’s deliberately misleading or whether I’m just a bit thick. It read like we needed to remove 75M off the wage bill to resign Rashford, but the article says we’re just in a better position now that Pogba, DDG, Cavani etc etc have gone

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can’t work out whether that’s deliberately misleading or whether I’m just a bit thick. It read like we needed to remove 75M off the wage bill to resign Rashford, but the article says we’re just in a better position now that Pogba, DDG, Cavani etc etc have gone
It's a somewhat confusing statement, but that's not what Fay's trying to convey. He wants to highlight how the Rashford renewal situation is the conclusion of a ton of work done in United to control the players' wages. His point is that United have done a ton of good work to get rid of the many high-salary-yet-not-good-enough players and that Rashford deserves his higher salary due to his better performances this year.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Manchester United and Inter have NOT yet reached a full agreement for André Onana.

The transfer is NOT closed yet, details are still missing.

The clubs are negotiating intensely.

The player has already agreed a contract of 4 years plus 1.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It's a somewhat confusing statement, but that's not what Fay's trying to convey. He wants to highlight how the Rashford renewal situation is the conclusion of a ton of work done in United to control the players' wages. His point is that United have done a ton of good work to get rid of the many high-salary-yet-not-good-enough players and that Rashford deserves his higher salary due to his better performances this year.
Fair enough, I got that from reading the article….just worded in an odd way. Which to be fair succeeded, because I read the article

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If we get only 15m for Elanga, I'd be gutted. Absolute steal for Everton.

Please buy him, please buy, please buy him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
21 year old. Close to 2000 min as an attacker for a top six team in the PL. Not on high wages. Would not be surprised to see a fee in the region of £15 mill.
Sweden international. Another club would get £20m for him easily in this market.

£15m should be the absolute bare minimum.
He’ll be a very effective player in a non top 6 side.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
  • Forest players for sale:
    • Jonjo Shelvey
    • Remo Freuler
    • Emmanuel Dennis: interest from Saudi Arabia
    • Sam Surridge: interest from MLS
    • Steve Cook
  • Cheikhou Kouyaté also has interest from Saudi Arabia.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Elanga is a poor footballer. I'd be chuffed if we got 20m for him.
Disgraceful attitude towards our youth. Everton would he lucky to have him for £20m.

Would be an absolute robbery from our side as well.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It feels like we are the most heavily reported club for "monitoring" players in relation to transfers, I don't see madrid, Barca, Chelsea etc.. have these reports as regular as us?
You'd only ever see concrete info for them because you'd never see the "gossip" for said clubs.

Not seen a single player Madrid or Barca have been linked to cus I'm not fan, only seen a couple for Chelsea since I'm in England.

Cloud7

Summer signings of Elanga and Ashley Young. That's brutal :nervous:

More so considering the money Everton were throwing around a few years back. Mismanagement can be a hell of a thing

BarryWinks

Why does it feel like clubs are waiting for us to get desperate to sell later in the window before making bids for our players?

I refuse to believe the likes of Fred, Harry and Scott aren't generating interest given their experience and talent. And I doubt it's all about the wage too.

Dannn411

[/QUOTE]
Elanga is a poor footballer. I'd be chuffed if we got 20m for him.
He's not just a poor footballer, he's a terrible footballer. Has only one half decent quality. His pace. He is awful at everything else. Getting £20m for him would be a minor miracle on par with what we got for Dan James.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Why does it feel like clubs are waiting for us to get desperate to sell later in the window before making bids for our players?

I refuse to believe the likes of Fred, Harry and Scott aren't generating interest given their experience and talent. And I doubt it's all about the wage too.
Said exactly this to my mate this morning. Clubs know we need to sell so will wait till late in the window in the hope of knocking 10m off the asking price

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

We should be actively trying to sell players if we aren't already, and have them work with their agents to find new clubs. Can't just rely on inbound inquiries.

saivet

Summer signings of Elanga and Ashley Young. That's brutal :nervous:

More so considering the money Everton were throwing around a few years back. Mismanagement can be a hell of a thing
I think Ashley Young might be a good player for them, despite his age, but I think the fact that he seems like a good signing is probably a cause for concern.

Dyche is probably a good enough coach to keep them up but I'd dreading the upcoming season if I was an Everton fan.