Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

sepulturite

I’ve seen a few posts here and tid bits online that if we make a few sales (Henderson, McT for example) then we can spend upwards of 300-400M. Think we could possibly do that.

Especially since we’re looking at Onana too at €50M
Jesus we're getting 200M for Henderson and McT?! Wowzers!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Jesus we're getting 200M for Henderson and McT?! Wowzers!
Don't be so dense.

That’s not how it works
He’s sold at £55m and United May or may not amortise costs, dependent on how quickly the ownership deal is deal. Our current budget is rumoured to be £120m however should the club sell Players like ; A Elanga(15m), H Mejbri(15m), D Henderson (25m), B Williams (5m), E Laird(1m), Z Iqbal(1m), S Shoretire(3m) assume the club sell 5 out of that list of homegrown talent for £48m total sales, all bar H Mejbri represent net profit as we never paid a fee for them so the club could show these sales as a net transfer profit and then sign new players on 5 year contracts by multiplying £240m additional transfer to the budget. In other words we might actually have a budget of £300-400m this summer!

CM

Kudus is not even a central midfielder. Who are the people who put the lists of targets together because Mount, Caicedo and Kudus could not be more different from each other.
Neither is Mount!

Woziak

States in the article we have £45m for Sancho, £40m for Maguire, £15m plus add ons for Henderson, £20m for Fred, VdB and Elanga and £13m for Mejbri.

Edit: £40m for McTominay and £5m for Williams too.
This is hysterical that’s over £200m for 9 players out , no way Sancho should be leaving at £45m but it’s obvious way they want his ridiculous wages off the books and the £45m cancels out what’s owed on his contract. We have to be really careful about HG can’t see Sancho, Mctominay and Maguire all going maybe 1 out of those 3, two at the most !

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I can't see us selling Sancho this Summer at all.
Yeah it’s not happening. What a weird albatross he’s turning out to be. Shame as well because there is definitely a good footballer in there….it just needs some kind a exorcism to being the fecker out

Withnail

Yeah it’s not happening. What a weird albatross he’s turning out to be. Shame as well because there is definitely a good footballer in there….it just needs some kind a exorcism to being the fecker out
Hopefully ETH can perform miracles. There's definitely a lot of talent in the boy.

croadyman

Kane’s the one. Mount isn’t sexy enough to be the summer saga. Kane on the other hand would be a proper mouth-watering one if it got some momentum
He needs to make some waves when back for pre season training at Spurs,however just don't see him being willing to do that

croadyman

Personally think this would be a useful signing much like Eriksen last summer,however Di Marzio said he looked close to staying on Friday so what's changed in last 48 hours.

Be interesting to see if the likes of Whitwell corroborate Sheldon's article later today. I noticed that Ornstein retweeted earlier which is a positive.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

States in the article we have £45m for Sancho, £40m for Maguire, £15m plus add ons for Henderson, £20m for Fred, VdB and Elanga and £13m for Mejbri.

Edit: £40m for McTominay and £5m for Williams too.
40M for Maguire...that's how I know that article's fake.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
He needs to make some waves when back for pre season training at Spurs,however just don't see him being willing to do that
He had an attempt at it to force a move to City and it didn’t work so even if he done it again I don’t think Levy would care so much and would dig his heels in and let him go for free next year. They’ll hope they do well this season coming to convince him it’s the right place to be for trophies.

croadyman

He had an attempt at it to force a move to City and it didn’t work so even if he done it again I don’t think Levy would care so much and would dig his heels in and let him go for free next year. They’ll hope they do well this season coming to convince him it’s the right place to be for trophies.
Yeah I want to believe there is a twist with this still to come but not any evidence so far

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Yeah I want to believe there is a twist with this still to come but not any evidence so far
Would love it if he did come us, desperately need someone of his abilities and fits the ETH vibe, dealing with Levy is the major drawback.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Be interesting to see if the likes of Whitwell corroborate Sheldon's article later today. I noticed that Ornstein retweeted earlier which is a positive.
Dan Sheldon's assigned to cover United. He's basically the equivalent of Whitwell in The Athletic.

caid

I guess its a case of would they rather cash in than lose him on a free next year. Think Levy might sell if he exhausts all other options but that wont happen till august. Seems pretty clear that selling to us is one of the worst case scenarios for him.

Pavl3n

Well, overpaying for Antony last summer, definitely makes other clubs think "Sure we can squeeze some more of them".
MM is a more valuable asset than Kovacic, considering age and other factors. But twice as much - no.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Interesting United feel frustrated. Maybe you should expect clubs to try and squeeze every penny when you were negotiating for Anthony for weeks last Summer and ended up paying £80m. With City Chelsea know they will just feck it off and go onto another target if need be.

RatPack

All the names we see are always big names we get linked to for months or even years.

I wish our scouting department could actually find a couple of players and get the job done before to much gets to the news.

Any couch scout can find the players we are linked to.

Why have scouts if you could just check here instead :-)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would still need to bring in someone to improve creativity as Mount definitely offers that
Creativity isn't really our issue. Bruno, Eriksen, Sancho and Anthony create more than enough, it's control and energy deeper in midfield we lack and finishing ability up top.