Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Blood Mage

Fred is low down on the list of players we should be shifting. He can still be useful.

However he's also a player we can actually cash in on as he is useful, which probably factors into the club's thinking.

ThanksBoss26

Fred is low down on the list of players we should be shifting. He can still be useful.

However he's also a player we can actually cash in on as he is useful, which probably factors into the club's thinking.
That and his contract being up next summer. Looks like there's no plans for him to get a new one.

DickDastardly

He's on the top of the list we should be getting rid.

Not good enough.
When the proper Fred chooses to come out and play, he's top dog, unfortunately that proper Fred comes out like the full moon, once a month.

Sell him. Won't be missed.

Varun1

He's on the top of the list we should be getting rid.

Not good enough.
When the proper Fred chooses to come out and play, he's top dog, unfortunately that proper Fred comes out like the full moon, once a month.

Sell him. Won't be missed.
I won't miss Fred and won't remember him in a few years. It's crazy how inconsistent he is, and for that reason should be in the top 5 that we need to sell.

Newtonius

He isn’t wrong
Not being funny but forget "one of them" who has even been worse? Valencia didn't seem assertive but at least he wasn't a bag of rotting dogshit on the pitch, nor did he petulently excuse away his performances whenever he opened his gob in the press.

Maaaan i hope its true, a nice consolation to him staying would be not having to see him making a show of taking the armband off of Bruno in the last 5 minutes ever again.

El-Manos

i'd rather keep him unless a silly offer comes in. He would need replacing if he does leave.

alexthelion

Nothing to with the actual negotiation process. Of course there is haggling. But its pretty obvious, we don’t negotiate concurrently. Only once Mount was done, did the Onana bidding process heat up and now that’s drawing to a close, Rasmus is heating up. Its clearly a pattern.

Don’t know we why couldn’t negotiate for all the 3 deals in parallel.

Yeah there is the matter of budget, but surely there is a range the club is aware of, the max and min the transfer could cost. I don’t see why we can’t work on those estimates.

Maybe all clubs do it the same way I don’t pay close attention to non-Utd transfers but this process can definitely be streamlined.
Needing Glazer sign off?

Anustart89

Granted but neither mount or Eriksen offer what Fred does. Fred's role in the Barca game for example.
I think the entire point is to become a dominant team that doesn't need to utilise the Fred role in games against Barca.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Fred has his good days but unfortunately his shit days are just too bad for him to be considered a reliable backup

Cantonagotmehere

These tweets may be completely false of course but why are the club never able to work on two deals concurrently?

Is it a budget issue or the incompetence of the team working on transfers?
It's complete bullshite every time. Of course they can work on both deal at the same time. Even United can do that. Hate those tweets, they are idiotic.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Fred is like sex without the orgasm.
I mean there are good feelings sometimes and sometimes even lots of good feelings that feel like it's building to the ultimate good feeling and then..
........ prrrffftttt. Nothing.

Sell for good money and wish him well.

SirScholes

Because he isn’t the worst captain United haven’t had.

Worst we’ve seen in a generation/our life time maybe but ‘the worst ever’ is just a shit modern day comment like ‘de Gea is a legend’.
Haven’t had? We have had him as captain

does he not say one of ?
im 38 and he’s the worst I can think of in my time supporting the club

we are talking club captain, not just one off game captain

Paul778

I disagree.
I can remember all of the captains back to Robson in 82. In all that time the questionable ones are Maguire, Valencia and Young.

Even in that list none of them were great captains but Valencia and Young were way higher in term of performance, motivation and character.

OmarUnited4ever

He'd be an idiot to reject that. Maybe haggle over the details but thats the best case scenario for spurs.
Best offer outside of PL, but I am sure United might be willing to be pay £80M or even £100m, Bayern is offering £70m and some change as add-ons, he is better off accepting a better offer from PL teams

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If United even get a sniff that Tottenham are prepared to sell to ANYONE, then I think we’ll make an approach.

1DeGea1

If the previous window, when Kane was publicly sending messages to the media to communicate his desire to leave, is anything to go by, I don’t believe that he desperately wants to join Bayern. If he did, there’d be more noise from Kane himself, or from British press, but as it stands it’s only these German sources stating that he has an eagerness to leave the PL.

K Stand Knut

I can remember all of the captains back to Robson in 82. In all that time the questionable ones are Maguire, Valencia and Young.

Even in that list none of them were great captains but Valencia and Young were way higher in term of performance, motivation and character.
Ok. Then your point is valid and understandable if you think he’s the worst captain since Robson