Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

flameinthesun

Luckhurst going in on the club. This has turned into an absolute mess of a window. We are weaker now than at the end of the last season.
Its blatantly open season on United this season unfortunately, every little thing will be scrutinized negatively by the media. Having both left fullbacks injured is unfortunate but when you have both Dalot and Martinez is that really a catastrophe? Rasmus has a back injury but will be back either for the Arsenal game or after the break, is that really a catastrophe? Mount is injured for two matches, is that a catastrophe? If we beat Forest we will have won 2 in 3 with 1 of our strikers injured and the other coming back from injury. We signed by all accounts a great keeper, one of the top striker prospects and Mount, of which it is still wayyyy too early in his career to categorize it as a negative signing (based on Casemiro's first couple games he would have been labelled a poor signing by some in here).There are legit things to be concerned about as united fans e.g. the takeover, moving on Maguire etc but this season we will have to be wary of the media trying to catastrophize everything.

Real Name

Its blatantly open season on United this season unfortunately, every little thing will be scrutinized negatively by the media. Having both left fullbacks injured is unfortunate but when you have both Dalot and Martinez is that really a catastrophe? Rasmus has a back injury but will be back either for the Arsenal game or after the break, is that really a catastrophe? Mount is injured for two matches, is that a catastrophe? If we beat Forest we will have won 2 in 3 with 1 of our strikers injured and the other coming back from injury. We signed by all accounts a great keeper, one of the top striker prospects and Mount, of which it is still wayyyy too early in his career to categorize it as a negative signing (based on Casemiro's first couple games he would have been labelled a poor signing by some in here).There are legit things to be concerned about as united fans e.g. the takeover, moving on Maguire etc but this season we will have to be wary of the media trying to catastrophize everything.
Mount is unfortunately out for a bit more but agree on everything.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Mount out 6-8 weeks.

Hojlund out until after international break.

Shaw I reckon will be 6 weeks. He's never only out for a couple of weeks.

Flanders Devil

Mount out 6-8 weeks.

I thought Shaw was only out for the next 2 games (so what 3-4 weeks with the international break).

And where did you info re Shaw? I couldn't find anything to indicate severity other than he would be missing the internationals too.

Flanders Devil

More in the sense of an injury resulting from too much training and not something you get in the game. I dont know, but anyway its being portrayed as 'too many muscular injuries, whats the problem'.
Ok, yeah fair enough. To your point Hamstrings can go in any given situation so really at this point of the season it's unlikely to be an over-training injury in isolation.

Dannn411

If André Onana returns to the Cameroon national team (may be some legs to this), then we will be losing him to the AFCON. In that case, we'll need a reliable backup keeper, and those will be at a premium if we want a quality option.
I understand that but what's wrong with Heaton? I feel like he'd be fine. Just think we have a far more critical need in midfield and all limited funds we have needs to go towards that.

miked99

Imagine getting yourself suspended and as a result not being of any use to your club for half the football season, presumably whilst still on full pay, and then deciding you should further endear yourself to your club by publicly touting yourself as wanting to leave.

What a dick :lol:

croadyman

Mount out 6-8 weeks.

I was praying for Hojlund to unexpectedly make the squad tomorrow,however knew it wasn't remotely realistic

Ted Lasso

Imagine getting yourself suspended and as a result not being of any use to your club for half the football season, presumably whilst still on full pay, and then deciding you should further endear yourself to your club by publicly touting yourself as wanting to leave.

United fans groveled over Pogba despite him doing the same/worse

Withnail

He'd have probably been gone in the Summer if it hadn't been for the ban. I don't really see what the problem is.

cj_sparky

He was filmed the other year saying "F#@k Brentford", I'm sure the know what he is like.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
He was filmed the other year saying "F#@k Brentford", I'm sure the know what he is like.
Exactly he is a quality footballer but an asset that we need to maximise - that’s my and many other’s feelings on him.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I thought Shaw was only out for the next 2 games (so what 3-4 weeks with the international break).

And where did you info re Shaw? I couldn't find anything to indicate severity other than he would be missing the internationals too.
ten Hag just confirmed he will be out longer than Mount. Mount is meant to be out 6-8 weeks….

Hojlund might make the Arsenal game though.

need to sign a midfielder before then

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yes, United only having Hojlund and Martial at centre forward is a catastrophe. We've been hamstrung by goalkeeping and centre forward options for many seasons. Goalkeeper looks to be sorted, but we don't have the centre forwards. Not addressing it further until next summer will be another step closer to another completed midfield rebuild, given Eriksen and Casemiro look to be declining.

Levi1

Yes, United only having Hojlund and Martial at centre forward is a catastrophe. We've been hamstrung by goalkeeping and centre forward options for many seasons. Goalkeeper looks to be sorted, but we don't have the centre forwards. Not addressing it further until next summer will be another step closer to another completed midfield rebuild, given Eriksen and Casemiro look to be declining.
I doubt we'll replace them next summer either. By then, we'll be excited about the newest shiny attacking toy

Lyng

He is a Liverpool fan, what did you expect. :D

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
haven't managed to ship McTom Maguire or Hendo who would have brought proper fees in.
Surely the fact that we haven't managed to ship them means they couldn't bring proper fees in?

I mean I know there have been negotiations for them but nobody is buying.

Withnail

I *think* it’s the financial year, which would be most of the season. I know that we can sell players in Jan to help our FFP situation and it will still count for the current period.
Hmm not great if so. If we can't shift anyone out in Summer it'll be less likely in Jan and the sale isn't moving at all.

RuudTom83

It's a good point, people will point to money spent, but spending 100-150 million a year in the premier league will only keep you in the same position.

*But the current owners only really care about finishing Top 4 so if that is the brief then no problem.

James35

IF the club sale was finalized before say November, I’d say we would have budget for January
I like that optimism.

I’m clinging to the sale still going through some day… Don’t think my stress levels could take those leeches staying beyond this season.

roseguy64

You are falling for the spin, we must have made something like 30 to 40m in sales and yes the big ones didn't materialise but we should still be able to buy a midfielder in the 25m range. This will come back to bite us soon and completely derail our season especially if we sell Meijbri and Fernandez.
Journalists have been banging on about FFP and now when it's affecting us people are surprised