Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Red00012

Why is it so fecking hard to offload Van de Beek on loan? Surely someone in Spain and Italy can use him, come on he's not useless and will do much better in a slower league.
Our wage structure and the fact he is actually useless and is prone to picking up injuries

Plastic Evra

Our wage structure and the fact he is actually useless and is prone to picking up injuries
And probably because the club expect to get something from it. At the very least enough of his wages being offset to be significant savings this year.

Dannn411

Kind of feel for him. We ask players to show a desire to come here and he has shown it but it may now blow up in his face. Sigh. So Avram and his mob can't spare us a few quid to get a player in a badly-needed position? Surely an owner contribution would help us out with FFP without us needing to sell right? Unless I don't understand the rules.

johnnyteutonic

Kind of feel for him. We ask players to show a desire to come here and he has shown it but it may now blow up in his face. Sigh. So Avram and his mob can't spare us a few quid to get a player in a badly-needed position? Surely an owner contribution would help us out with FFP without us needing to sell right? Unless I don't understand the rules.
Yeah you're right. I can't remember the exact rule but I think owners are allowed to put in a cash injection of something like 90 m over a three year period to cover 'allowable losses'.
But we know they won't do that under any circumstances.

croadyman

The fact we are now open to the idea of loans tells you everything you need to know about our financial position.

A loan in Sir Alex's day was an absolute emergency only.
Should do a loan for Gravenberch or backup ST

hobbers

Why can’t we do what every other fecking club has figured out and do loan deals with obligations to buy. Just defer the Amrabat payment until next year it’s not fecking complicated

croadyman

Why can’t we do what every other fecking club has figured out and do loan deals with obligations to buy. Just defer the Amrabat payment until next year it’s not fecking complicated
That would require recruitment team to demonstrate creative thinking in the first place

Flanders Devil

ten Hag just confirmed he will be out longer than Mount. Mount is meant to be out 6-8 weeks….

Hojlund might make the Arsenal game though.

need to sign a midfielder before then
Right... I've just seen that too. That changes the picture.

Agree though, midfield is still the concern. I feel we can cover LB adequately enough with Dalot + Fernadez.

daveskimufc

5 days left.... Was confident of a few deals coming in last week, but gossip has died down, I'm not sure anything else is going to happen now, apart from the gks

James35

Yeah can’t get excited about the GK sale/transfer. Does absolutely nothing for our glaring deficiencies.

philippexyz

If we sell Dean Henderson permanently(without the loan with obligation crap), we might gather enough money to buy Amrabat. He's also an academy product, pure profit on the books - good for FFP.

Fooza

Got to love the panic loans at the end of the window :drool: We took Mount off them at a ridiculous price, they owe us?