Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Sounds like a polite enquiry with no basis to it yet - but if it was risk free on our side there's no real downside.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The downside is that he’s shite
He's not though is he?

Had an excellent time at Brighton, and a poor season at Chelsea. Such is life.

As a back up if the maths were right he could be fine.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He's not though is he?

Had an excellent time at Brighton, and a poor season at Chelsea. Such is life.

As a back up if the maths were right he could be fine.
He really is. Nowhere near good enough for a top team and his time at Chelsea is enough proof. If you take a look at the other thread about him the resident Chelsea fans are rightfully taking the piss at us.

There has to be a better option out there.

Xaviboy

Where not going to sign another midfielder are we? LB and Goalkeeper all noise so far. Going to be a time soon after the window closes where we have a meltdown that our midfield going to lose us games.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Got to love the panic loans at the end of the window :drool: We took Mount off them at a ridiculous price, they owe us?
“Panic” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Currently going through a LB injury defensive crisis so we’re getting someone in as cover on the cheap. Hardly a fecking panic is it? It Shaw never got injured we would not be in the market for a LB.

Why oh why do our own fans like to shit on our own club for the smallest of things. The ironic thing is if we didn’t get someone in on cover, the CAF would scream incompetence because we didn’t get anyone in when we are on low numbers

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Currently going through a LB injury defensive crisis so we’re getting someone in as cover on the cheap. Hardly a fecking panic is it? It Shaw never got injured we would not be in the market for a LB.

Why oh why do our own fans like to shit on our own club for the smallest of things. The ironic thing is if we didn’t get someone in on cover, the CAF would scream incompetence because we didn’t get anyone in when we are on low numbers
We need striker cover and a midfielder. Dalot is more than capable of covering LB for a few weeks - it’s absolutely a panic to go looking for ropey LB’s on the cheap.

Fooza

I actually like panic last minute buys, doesn't mean I'm calling out the club on their disgraceful planning in this window which it still is because there are other positions that are still in desperate need of filling.

but yeh It's a panic because it's scrambling last minute to get a cover in. Does the word panic offend you ? aw diddums, must hurt your top red ego? I do chuckle though at those laugh emojis, more emojis means you hurt more

Anustart89

Good, that's £75m in terms of FFP allowance, plus £5m per year in saved wages, for someone who clearly doesn't want to be here.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Reguilón's salary may be too steep for United according to Luckhurst.

First call on the Reguilón link (Tier 4):

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Tier 2:

I had wondered about Reguilon as we were linked before he went to Spuds but surely we don’t want to deal with Levy again, and can expect no favours if we do?

Dazzmondo

Tier 2:

I'm fine with either of Cucurella or Reguillon. I think those are 2 high quality lbs to get in on a loan. Not great players but they're just there to fill in while Shaw and Malacia are recovering. If we were buying them it would be a different story but as loans they make sense.

Woziak

Good, that's £75m in terms of FFP allowance, plus £5m per year in saved wages, for someone who clearly doesn't want to be here.
Yep this is my take too, and this could be freeing up a major last minute signing but who knows with the Glazers ?

Dr. StrangeHate

Decent fee and probably means a bit more in FFP terms because he's an academy player. Time to go get a midfielder now.
I am guessing it has been discussed elsewhere but FFP making it better to sell academy players is the stupidest thing ever. It is like this policy was written by Chelsea and City who use the academy as a money maker primarily.

sparx99

I am guessing it has been discussed elsewhere but FFP making it better to sell academy players is the stupidest thing ever. It is like this policy was written by Chelsea and City who use the academy as a money maker primarily.
It’s only really because there was no initial purchase fee. I’m not sure how else you could account for to tbh.

croadyman

We need striker cover and a midfielder. Dalot is more than capable of covering LB for a few weeks - it’s absolutely a panic to go looking for ropey LB’s on the cheap.
Yeah would like Orban/Leonardo & Amrabat,other option is to go for another midfielder on loan like Gravenberch which has been touted

Dannn411

Very true. Such a bad unintended consequence of the policy, clubs are now using academy players as assets to be bought and sold rather than as players to develop and integrate into their teams. The whole system is just messed up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Classic case of how players need the right environment. 2 years ago, this guy was the shit. Enough to make city bid £50m.

CG1010

It makes no sense to be buying a LB just to cover a deficiency at most for 1.5-2 months, especially as it can be covered adequately by Dalot provided we don't have more injuries to full backs. What would this backup do when both Shaw and Malacia are back? If true, this sounds like ETH is willing to dump Malacia.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It makes no sense to be buying a LB just to cover a deficiency at most for 1.5-2 months, especially as it can be covered adequately by Dalot provided we don't have more injuries to full backs. What would this backup do when both Shaw and Malacia are back? If true, this sounds like ETH is willing to dump Malacia.
Would you be saying that if we took a substantial amount points less than what would be available (24 points? give or take international break) and potential further injuries to our RB's?

....and in what world does this say that ETH is willing to dump Malacia? What a hop, jump and a leap.