Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yeah because that's what I'm saying...

Awful post do one
It’s a “farce” because the names aren’t sexy enough. That’s what it feels like.

I’ll give you Alonso but the other two are literally squad players

& by now we should know we don’t have enough funds to go for first teamers. We’ve known this for literal weeks.

Castia

It’s a “farce” because the names aren’t sexy enough. That’s what it feels like.

I’ll give you Alonso but the other two are literally squad players

& by now we should know we don’t have enough funds to go for first teamers. We’ve known this for literal weeks.
I'm not asking for sexy names or world class players I know we aren't splurging 200m in the last week of the window

My view is the starting 11 and bench need massive improvement and those 3 names are a 5th choice CB, 3rd choice LB and a backup keeper that might not even get a game it's a complete mess. Id like to add Alonso is a massive bellend.

If the window shuts without a new midfielder it is 100% a farce

manuchamp88

Crucruella is good enough to do a job and that’s all we need him for.

Bayindir is 2nd choice & Evans would be something like 4th or even 5th choice.

There’s no need to call it a farce.
I'd prefer Reguillón but yeah, Cucurella is fine for cover.

I don't have an opinion on Bayindir, but I still think Evans is a pointless signing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No idea why we've got such a hard on to sign a left back. Sign some fecking midfielders!

hobbers

Arnautovic, [Irrelevant point], Antony, Greenwood…

Do we think Erik likes a bad boy

CG1010

Would you be saying that if we took a substantial amount points less than what would be available (24 points? give or take international break) and potential further injuries to our RB's?

....and in what world does this say that ETH is willing to dump Malacia? What a hop, jump and a leap.
Do you honestly think Dalot is such a downgrade ? I really don't to lose so many points. Also you don't buy players to cover weeks injuries. Either they are good enough to replace them and then presumably would want a more integral role in the team when Shaw and Malacia are also back. How does this look in terms of squad planning?

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys really think we're going to get a high quality LB in as COVER while Shaw/Malacia are out injured?

Like what do you want? A world class LB aren't going to be playing 2nd fiddle to Shaw and Shaw isn't going to want to be benched for an injury, the club weren't looking for a LB until he got injured. It's a short term signing to cover for injuries.

Incompetent.....dear lord this place gets more deluded by the minute. You think they'd have planned to have this many injuries in advance so they sign a LB this season.....and let me guess....the CAF goes WILD because why oh why do we need a LB when we have Shaw/Malacia....the club is incompetent I tell you!

:boring::boring::boring::boring:
Just needs ‘embarrassing’ and ‘disgrace’ for a full man-baby bingo card.

sepulturite

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys really think we're going to get a high quality LB in as COVER while Shaw/Malacia are out injured?

Like what do you want? A world class LB aren't going to be playing 2nd fiddle to Shaw and Shaw isn't going to want to be benched for an injury, the club weren't looking for a LB until he got injured. It's a short term signing to cover for injuries.

Incompetent.....dear lord this place gets more deluded by the minute. You think they'd have planned to have this many injuries in advance so they sign a LB this season.....and let me guess....the CAF goes WILD because why oh why do we need a LB when we have Shaw/Malacia....the club is incompetent I tell you!

:boring::boring::boring::boring:
Your constant defense of the club is weird man, do you work for it or something??

RORY65

Your constant defense of the club is weird man, do you work for it or something??
In fairness while that is somewhat true they're right on this occasion, we're looking for a short-term option at left back (admittedly you can question whether Shaw and particularly Malacia are good enough anyway but that's not the question currently being asked) and so it's never going to be someone that amazing but just someone who can do a job for the time being. The need for someone who can be a back-up to Casemiro and also be a serious option to play while Mount is missing has to be the bigger priority for now, if possible.

Zumbi

You're literally quoting a post that is responding to a tweet about us signing a LB who's choices aren't exactly inspiring or set the world alight. So yes, it does look like your talking about the most recent piece of news about a transfer.

Who's said I didn't think we were "incompetent" I thought we've done well this season and to a degree last season and I've gone over it numerous times as to why we can't shift a number of first teamers. But this season I think we've done incredibly well, all things considered.
I agree with you that having to sign LB cover due to injury isn’t as much a marker of incompetence as it is bad luck, but you’re on a different planet if you think we’ve done incredibly well in the transfer market this summer.

We’ve failed to move on some of the players who could have actually commanded somewhat decent transfer fees and we’ve done nothing to address centre midfield or striker cover. We’re starting the season already badly exposed in both areas and that’s before we’ve even started to approach the mid season quagmire of important matches every few days. Our transfer management is still a farce with the owners still trying to get away with the very bare minimum to hopefully compete in the top four.

sparx99

Yes he played well at Brighton and got found out at a relatively higher level. And it's not just that he's been bad he's often been Chelsea's worst player. Which is impressive given how terrible the others are.

Yes, I want an unproven young player as cover rather than a proven rubbish high wage earner who by all accounts has a terrible attitude. It's why I didn't want Arnautovic. We're still taking a punt but we're doing so knowing for sure that it's unlikely to work out. At least with a young player there's some hope, some form of an idea as to why they're being chosen. And they'd be on lower wages so less impact to the squad. Surely given ETH's obsession with the dutch league there's some kid who we can get for 3 m to do a Buttner?

It's just so emblematic of our insane transfer strategy. No thought. No focus. Just a quick email to agents and then maybe ask the manager who he wants. We should have scouts looking at every position all the time and in every country. It's even more of an indictment if we don't have at least 20 left backs on our list right now.
That’s what Malacia is though whose also injured. Why would we get another one of those?

Buttner is significantly worse than Cucurella ever has been.

manichester

Lots of full backs and wingers light on CM, C.F we even have a few C.B. but the quality is dubious and a goalkeeper that was glued to his line yesterday.

lysglimt

Scout
Can't we just ask to borrow Brightons scout-list, I am sure they have scouted an excellent left back available for £5 million

black country red

Can't we just ask to borrow Brightons scout-list, I am sure they have scouted an excellent left back available for £5 million
Yes let’s get a completely inexperienced left back ask him to play for the most scrutinised club in world football with an increasingly crictical internet fan ready to write a player off after one game and subject him to vitriol what could go wrong

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Yes let’s get a completely inexperienced left back ask him to play for the most scrutinised club in world football with an increasingly crictical internet fan ready to write a player off after one game and subject him to vitriol what could go wrong
Club can’t win. We sign experienced old heads like Alonso or Pavard they are past it, legs have gone club should be signing young players like Brighton/Brentford etc….
We sign a young prospect then they aren’t good enough, club is clueless sack all the scouts etc….

And now you made me sound like @UnitedSofa so yeah thanks for that :houllier:

hobbers

Club can’t win. We sign experienced old heads like Alonso or Pavard they are past it, legs have gone club should be signing young players like Brighton/Brentford etc….
We sign a young prospect then they aren’t good enough, club is clueless sack all the scouts etc….
Dont think you see that bad a reaction to the second example.

Most fans would rather see £12m spent on Malacia-type signings than triple that on some past-it (as they usually are when we sign them, one way or another) established name. Also preferable to take punts than these desperation loan deals.

Borninthe80ts

Simple answer... never buy any player in case they fail. Easy
Hahaha yeah the vibe feels like that here sometimes. The main issue is the dismissive nature without providing an alternate solution generally. To me I’m willing to give most players a chance as different circumstances can affect form. Pragmatism can help at times like this.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Dont think you see that bad a reaction to the second example.

Most fans would rather see £12m spent on Malacia-type signings than triple that on some past-it (as they usually are when we sign them, one way or another) established name. Also preferable to take punts than these desperation loan deals.
I agree, I don’t think it’s a bad plan at all. I think young and talented is the way we should be going when you think we could have signed the likes of De Ligt, Torres, Gusto, Bellingham, Caicedo, Tchouameni, Camavinga and Haaland (for £4m!!!) etc….. what a squad we would be building ! But then there’s this….
Personally I find it falling that we ALWAYS wait for a smaller team to blood the likes of those mentioned and then pay through the nose for them rather than getting them young and cheap!

kaku06

What’s the best scenario possible for us in the remaining days interms of transfers coming in?

If we able to bring in Cucurella on loan, Gravenberch on loan and sign Amrabat. Would that make us competent enough to challenge for the top 2 or atleast cement top 4?

lysglimt

Scout
You do understand I was kidding right - even if their scouting list guaranteed is a lot better than ours :)

Redstain

Cucurrela and Gravenberch not the worst signings. Must say whenever Iv'e watch Cucurella he's lacked awareness defensively but a loan and taking the wages off Chelsea's book seems mutually beneficial. Those options alongside the other signings make for a decent window overall but I think a Casmerio replacement and rotational option is important. Would have welcomed the Onana deal from Everton.