Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Wow, and thank you to the Glazers and Shitward Woodward. Our great club is now reduced to signing clear targets on 1 year loan deals where a £25m-£30m sale is too much. It's equally depressing and pathetic our club is reduced this. Genuinely didn't think I'd see this in my lifetime but there you go.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Even if klopp did want mount as an 8, I very much doubt he would have paired him with a player like Bruno which is one of the issues with the balance of our midfield. Also klopp obviously didn't want him enough to compete with us for him in any way
Klopp pulled out when it surfaced that Mounts preference was Manchester United. It was reported as a big blow to the plans.

I disagree on the Bruno point. There is a misguided view that Bruno is some liability in deep areas when that's not the case.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Does a loan with obligation to buy count towards FFP quota for this year?

Sir Chapman

The way City completes their transfers within a range of a a couple of days is fascinating. Out of nothing they acquired Jeremy Doku, now couple of days later, it looks like they’ll get Matheus Nunes. No much talking, no delays, not much in the media, just focused and, most important, quiet and straight.

croadyman

The way City completes their transfers within a range of a a couple of days is fascinating. Out of nothing they acquired Jeremy Doku, now couple of days later, it looks like they’ll get Matheus Nunes. No much talking, no delays, not much in the media, just focused and, most important, quiet and straight.
Because everything Utd does is highlighted

Hanky panky

I still think this Amrabat signing will happen. There must be a good reason why he isn´t even training with Fiorentina.

Judas

Open to offers
There is noise, you’re just not paying attention to it. City signing players easily for big money is hardly a surprise? They’re a winning team with a bottomless supply of cash.

jadaba

A google search tells me that City's pursuit of Doku has been reported on for at least a month as they've been looking for a Mahrez replacement, while the Nunes pursuit has been messy, their first bid over a week ago was rejected and the transfer has been delayed as he literally went on strike to force a move. If we follow their sagas as closely as we follow ours, we'll see them as similarly unstraightforward.

Widow

Amrabat : Nottingham would have reached 20 million plus outright bonuses. No to Galatasaray who asked for it outright

Sir Chapman

There is noise, you’re just not paying attention to it. City signing players easily for big money is hardly a surprise? They’re a winning team with a bottomless supply of cash.
Well, to be more precise, it just looks much easier from a neutral perspective. I have the feeling that once a player gets mentioned, it takes not long until they get their target. Nunes was acute since a week and looks like done already. It’s just way more progressive.

Agree on big money, however, it is also the way the team is built up, more challenge for players and higher chance to win something. So basically the whole package makes it even faster.

A google search tells me that City's pursuit of Doku has been reported on for at least a month as they've been looking for a Mahrez replacement, while the Nunes pursuit has been messy, their first bid over a week ago was rejected and the transfer has been delayed as he literally went on strike to force a move. If we follow their sagas as closely as we follow ours, we'll see them as similarly unstraightforward.
I haven’t paid attention for how long Doku was followed but in Nunes situation it went immediately after the first refusal. I can’t remember more than one or two transfers which took many weeks or months. In our case it is a standard way to take up to months, although, we did fasten up certain transfers but still most transfers are a summer saga. From seeing Fabrizio’s “Here we go” until last day deadline when the transfer gets cancelled due to non-sense reason. At least we got our major transfers at the beginning of the summer but now we’re pretty dumped if we don’t get any quality backup.

rajds89

How the feck are we the only club who seems to be held back by financial fecking fair play whilst everyone spends more? It’s a joke!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How the feck are we the only club who seems to be held back by financial fecking fair play whilst everyone spends more? It’s a joke!
Because we’ve spunked loads in years gone by and now we’re paying the price for it

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Owners are permitted to put a certain amount into transfers which does not count for FFP... our owners have never put a penny into any transfer we've ever made under their ownership

AlexUTD

Does a loan with obligation to buy count towards FFP quota for this year?
I thought the financial year started and ended in July.

Amrabat : Nottingham would have reached 20 million plus outright bonuses. No to Galatasaray who asked for it outright
So it costs almost the same to buy Amrabat and what the feckin Glazers take out yearly in dividends.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Other clubs sneakily take advantage of this little known loophole known as "selling players"

Dannn411

Stop signing average players to overloaded contracts and be proactive in recognizing a flop when you see it and selling on time while they still have value and we should be fine.

FFP is not the problem, we are.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's what happens when you overvalue and hold onto trash players like Maguire, McTominay and even DvdB. We're slower and less decisive in the transfer window than an elephant is in making a U-turn in an alley.

CtrlAltDeLigt

I never thought I’ll see the day when Nottingham forest agree a deal in 20m region for a player we want, but we are struggling and scraping for change money.

Mistakes of the past finally catching up to us.

M4YON

Because we’ve spunked loads in years gone by and now we’re paying the price for it
Yes that's right, ignore the huge debt we're in because of how our current owners were allowed to purchase the club.

Sure, we've spent but largely if not entirely with money from incoming revenue. Eventually we were going to end up here. Hence why they should have sold the club before the transfer window started.

peridigm

Because the majority of those clubs exist for footballing reasons. United exist to line the pockets of the Glazers.

crackers0seven

Wow, 20m is too rich for us buy not forest. Club is fcuked under current owners.bad decisions,decay left right and centre. There isn't a department at utd that is thriving. And now financial the club is finally fully handicapped. Pathetic. Pure scum at top.no drive to win.just pure greedy