Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

lysglimt

Scout
We won't be buying a CB in January unless Varane leaves. Even then I doubt it, we won't have the funds (FFP).
depends how they calculate FFP (I am not expert) - but if they calculate FFP based on calender-year - by januari 1st 2024, the 2020 year will vanish from the calculation - and that was the Covid-year which should make it easier to spend for clubs in 2024.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
depends how they calculate FFP (I am not expert) - but if they calculate FFP based on calender-year - by januari 1st 2024, the 2020 year will vanish from the calculation - and that was the Covid-year which should make it easier to spend for clubs in 2024.
No, 2024 (this season spend) is going to be an issue for us. The 2021 year (which will drop out from the 2022-24 calculation) was actually a positive year for us because of allowed Covid adjustments. 2022 is the problem year (big loss).

We're likely going to need to make sales to balance the books. McTominay a key one given he's pure profit.

Reactions: lysglimt

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No, 2024 (this season spend) is going to be an issue for us. The 2021 year (which will drop out from the 2022-24 calculation) was actually a positive year for us because of allowed Covid adjustments. 2022 is the problem year (big loss).

We're likely going to need to make sales to balance the books. McTominay a key one given he's pure profit.
One can dream that's the only reason he constantly plays at the moment

Woodzy

So Ten Hag doesn’t fancy the keeper whose capabilities he was fully aware of before we signed him? Sounds legit,

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Ten Hag not convinced by the signing he pushed for, whom he had previously coached for multiple years. :lol:

If we keep him as manager, he should be given zero input over transfers. Not even polite suggestions to the recruitment team.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm posting Santi's original Tweet here as it offers a bit more info (Tier 3):

Basically, United are just monitoring his situation, and there are no suggestions of them making a move for Maignan. Same goes for Bayern, who've been more strongly linked to Maignan, but they have more than one option regardless.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The real comedy is you lot believing every nonsense source you read.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The real comedy is you lot believing every nonsense source you read.
How many windows have we been through since twitter was a thing to know that 99% of these are nonsense (Tier 1).

sparx99

Ten Hag not convinced by the signing he pushed for, whom he had previously coached for multiple years. :lol:

If we keep him as manager, he should be given zero input over transfers. Not even polite suggestions to the recruitment team.
Come on. It's a nonsense tweet and shouldn't even be posted here.

lysglimt

Scout
If he takes no responsibility, he'll still be half-assing it under a new manager so what'll be the difference?
Greenwood is one of few players who never has always made an effort on the pitch - I am not saying I will forget what he did but he unlike players like Sancho, Rashford etc - Greenwood at least tried on the pitch

Withnail

Greenwood is one of few players who never has always made an effort on the pitch - I am not saying I will forget what he did but he unlike players like Sancho, Rashford etc - Greenwood at least tried on the pitch
Sorry I meant Sancho. Personally I can't see a way back for Greenwood and not sure I want to but if he tears it up anything's possible.

Reactions: lysglimt

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Barcelona enter the race for Lucas Bergvall, a 17-year-old Swedish talent from Allsvenskan Djurgårdens.
  • First direct contacts between Barça and the midfielder's entourage.
  • Inter have already made an official offer.
  • Manchester United, attentive.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Source (Tier 1):
Here’s a rogue question due to the lack of information I’m giving people - what happened to that winger (Norwegian perhaps) who played for Bodo-Glimt who was meant to be the next possible big talent?
I’m sure he joined an Italian team but I can’t for the life of me think of who it was.

STYLOISRED

what's delusional - if ETH gets fired, a new manager might take him back. Greenwood has done a lot worse, and I still think United will take him back eventually
Professionally speaking this isn't even remotely true. The only record of Greenwood being unprofessional was breaking camp with Foden while on NT duty.

gajender

Here’s a rogue question due to the lack of information I’m giving people - what happened to that winger (Norwegian perhaps) who played for Bodo-Glimt who was meant to be the next possible big talent?
I’m sure he joined an Italian team but I can’t for the life of me think of who it was.
Jens petter hauge was sold by Milan plays in Bundesliga .

lysglimt

Scout
Professionally speaking this isn't even remotely true. The only record of Greenwood being unprofessional was breaking camp with Foden while on NT duty.
Well I wasn't speaking professionally. I have never questioned Greenwoods behaviour or effort on the pitch

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Jens petter hauge was sold by Milan plays in Bundesliga .
Hauge looked promising for Milan as well, but Pioli wanted someone more reliable and let him go to Frankfurt. He, however, never seemed to refine his game and make himself more consistent, so he's fallen by the wayside now.

Anyways, Tier 2:

If you're wondering where the Malen-Sancho swap rumours came from, they were reported by Christian Falk.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hauge looked promising for Milan as well, but Pioli wanted someone more reliable and let him go to Frankfurt. He, however, never seemed to refine his game and make himself more consistent, so he's fallen by the wayside now.

Anyways, Tier 2:

If you're wondering where the Malen-Sancho swap rumours came from, they were reported by Christian Falk.
Dortmund don't have the money to buy him or pay him. Same as Juve.

ArmaDino

Interesting, didn't know that.

Would make sense for us to sell Casemiro and Varane to the Saudis and replace them with a younger alternative. Get their massive wages off the books as well. We can add Sancho into the mix and if PSG are still crazy enough, Rashford can go as well.

Can definitely see us trying to sell McTomminay and Maguire. Would be sad to see them go though. Proper squad players they are. Not many players have their mentality.

Would be the proper wage restructuring we so desperately need. And knowing us we will miss out on it as usual. Hopefully our new CEO and Sir Jim can change that.

TheReligion

Abusive
Interesting, didn't know that.

Would make sense for us to sell Casemiro and Varane to the Saudis and replace them with a younger alternative. Get their massive wages off the books as well. We can add Sancho into the mix and if PSG are still crazy enough, Rashford can go as well.

Can definitely see us trying to sell McTomminay and Maguire. Would be sad to see them go though. Proper squad players they are. Not many players have their mentality.

Would be the proper wage restructuring we so desperately need. And knowing us we will miss out on it as usual. Hopefully our new CEO and Sir Jim can change that.
Not sure what @Leftback99 says there is entirely accurate tbh