Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 3): Correio da Manhã

Even if a team pays the release clause amount this month, João Neves won't want to leave Benfica until the summer. Unfortunately, the English media took this story and extrapolated it to the point of reporting that United supposedly have the official priority to sign João Neves, which is not true; they're just further ahead thanks most recently doing business with the club for the Álvaro Fernández transfer. Benfica even had to make an official statement to deny those English reports.

Here's the translated statement:

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
  • PSG have tried to reactivate the Leny Yoro track but Lille want to keep him this winter
  • LY has an offer from LOSC (+1) but the trend is not towards an extension
  • Bayern, MU and Real Madrid have made enquiries
  • The Frenchman is now represented by Jorge Mendes

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Álvaro Fernández joins Benfica on loan until the end of the season with a purchase option

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Official: Álvaro Fernández joins Benfica on loan until the end of the season with a purchase option

We've sold Alvaro Fernandez but they've bought Alvaro Carreras. :lol:

Does that mean anything apart from that he's potentially fallen out with his dad?

SAFMUTD

This are the type of deals we should be making, he's not getting minutes here with Shaw and Malacia. 6M is a low price but we're into developing players for the first team not selling them for profit it's a good incentive for benfica to play him and if it turns that he's good enough we have a buy back clause.

Cantonagotmehere

It's funny, I will always root for Reguilon after his stint here. He played with urgency and heart when he was out there. Not the quality we need to get to next level, but enjoyed watching him play.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yoro and Neves are excellent players. If we are genuinely interested they are top choices with lots of upside. The kind of players Madrid or Barca of old would sign. It bodes well for our new recruitment structure if this is the calibre of young player we are going after and it’s not just talk.

lysglimt

Scout
€6 million :lol:
What is more interesting - is what I hope we get, that isn't on a contract. Goodwill with Benfica for the future. Maybe a promise to be kept in the loop if an offer comes on for a player we might be interested in

sparx99

Yoro and Neves are excellent players. If we are genuinely interested they are top choices with lots of upside. The kind of players Madrid or Barca of old would sign. It bodes well for our new recruitment structure if this is the calibre of young player we are going after and it’s not just talk.
There has also been paper talk (Twitter talk?) around Antonio Silva, Scalvini and a few other young players. It would be nice to genuinely build a young team that can grow together.

userman

For the loan

if they buy him we’d obviously get more. What we don’t see there is what that buy price might be, how much more they might add to that

if it’s just 6m I’d be slightly disappointed
Seems pretty clear that the 6m is the buy option.. No way they are paying 6m to loan him half a season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Seems pretty clear that the 6m is the buy option.. No way they are paying 6m to loan him half a season.
I should clarify, is there additional added when it comes to the buying stage?

if not, I think we’ve did ourselves. Could have squeezed 7 - 8m out of it. But perhaps they see the clauses as potentially more profitable

gajender

For the loan

if they buy him we’d obviously get more. What we don’t see there is what that buy price might be, how much more they might add to that

It's €6 million and€ 3m in further add ons . If he plays more than 50 % of the Games Left it becomes an obligation otherwise it's an option according to Lauri Whitwell The Athletic

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's €6 million and€ 3m in further add ons . If he plays more than 50 % of the Games Left it becomes an obligation otherwise it's an option according to Lauri Whitwell The Athletic
Ok so potentially 9m which is more in the ball park that I envisioned

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
There has also been paper talk (Twitter talk?) around Antonio Silva, Scalvini and a few other young players. It would be nice to genuinely build a young team that can grow together.
Absolutely. It felt like the media would heavily link us to the correct transfer targets under our previous setup but we would fumble (haaland bellingham) or dither (Caciedo Alvarez etc) and let other clubs acting with more conviction step in. Hopefully this is a new lease of life and lifting of standards all round.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This is what I want from United under Ratcliffe.

Red00012

For the loan

€6 million is the buy fee not the loan

edit
seen you have replied since

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
AC Milan attack.

Olivier Giroud attracted by an American experience. The last word will be his.

Among the names on the list for June is that of Joshua Zirkzee. High competition, especially from the Premier [League].

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Can we demote him a tier… or two?

Never mind his constant negative tweets about us, and the Pc ban, he spent months saying “Jassim coming, you’re all morons” :rolleyes: to be shown up for the tool that he is.
Despite his own foolishness, most of his reports are reliable, so despite my disappointment, I can't label him as someone who's less reliable.