Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The number accepted within the journo community is 45m with the rest contingent on various things (probably appearances, performance etc)
I remember Balague reporting it was 59.7m + 4m in addons if he won the ballon d'or.

prath92

Depay favorites an LFC fan ends up United

Lacazette favorites an arsenal fan ends up staying (yet)

Ramos favorites and follows a united fan, he stays at Madrid

Benteke favorites a United fan and he moves to LFC.

These things now starting to mean the opposite nowadays

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Depay favorites an LFC fan ends up United

Lacazette favorites an arsenal fan ends up staying (yet)

Ramos favorites and follows a united fan, he stays at Madrid

Benteke favorites a United fan and he moves to LFC.

These things now starting to mean the opposite nowadays
Or more accurately, nothing at all.

GBBQ

They're dealing with a British club, the deal will be in pounds. The Euro exchange rate shouldn't effect this deal.
Di Maria is simply not worth paying what we bought him for. Even 45m would have been too much last season
They will make a valuation of the player in their own currency and make the offer in pounds. So my point is they wont say we value him at 55 million but because that 55 million was worth more last year we're gonna pay you 60 million instead.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You think they won't ask for the rest because we sold him? I must be missing something in you post.
Assuming the 45m number is correct, why would Madrid ask for the remainder if the player himself hasn't met the conditions of the remaining 15m. I'm assuming we are amenable to selling him because this is the last year we can cash in on him before he turns 28 and his valuation begins to quickly erode.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Assuming the 45m number is correct, why would Madrid ask for the remainder if the player himself hasn't met the conditions of the remaining 15m. I'm assuming we are amenable to selling him because this is the last year we can cash in on him before he turns 28 and his valuation begins to quickly erode.
Have you seen something reported that this is the case though? A lot of the fee would have had to be addons for that to be the case, I don't remember seeing anything about that.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Nope, haven't seen anything :)
Pretty crazy to assume 25% of the deal is variable based on performance, very unlikely, in most cases it's 10-15% tops, and some of them may have simply been assist quotas, appearance quotas etc, I'd imagine we have paid the majority of the money.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Hope this isnt true - it cant be surely!

We've done so well to sort out CM & RB; yet we all believed we'd buy a CB too - it's painfully obvious we need a top-class CB.

LvG is delusional if he thinks our present CB squad is capable of winning us the title & making a run at the Champions League..

Macabre Wolf

Hope this isnt true - it cant be surely!

We've done so well to sort out CM & RB; yet we all believed we'd buy a CB too - it's painfully obvious we need a top-class CB.

LvG is delusional if he thinks our present CB squad is capable of winning us the title & making a run at the Champions League..
I thought we were supposed to have three targets for each area

Jev

United are proud they had the fourth-best defensive record? Okaaaay.

Though if we had only one signing left to make this summer, I'd choose an attacker over a defender. Don't think our defense is that bad with Smalling showing great signs and Jones and Rojo competing for the other spot. I could see one of them step up. If we keep DDG we should be okay.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
United are proud they had the fourth-best defensive record? Okaaaay.

Though if we had only one signing left to make this summer, I'd choose an attacker over a defender.
I'd say that's bollocks but LVG did seem pretty proud of it last year. Ridiculous really. Our defence was a shambles for a significant part of the season.

Jev

I'd say that's bollocks but LVG did seem pretty proud of it last year. Ridiculous really. Our defence was a shambles for a significant part of the season.
Either way, if he thinks being fourth-best is anything to be proud of he's a bit of a tool.

Theonas

Scout
No it wasn't. In the first part of the season, we did not control games through pressing and possession which is what we were working towards. By doing that we left our defence exposed as we were trying to press high which made our defence look shaky when the plan did not work which was more often than not. Toward the end of the season, we started controlling games much better and if you look at our games back then, we rarely conceded chances let even against the best sides. We never went conceded less chances against Liverpool, City, Spurs or Chelsea in recent years.

But the narrative from the first part of the season has been written, established and certified. Especially when it was combined with the trauma of the year before. It is unfortunately hard to change a narrative once it is set in stone like that. The only legitimate complain about our defence is its ability to bring the ball out and start attacks. In that sense, it should be either Ramos, Hummels or Piqué or nothing as those would be the only ones who would provide a clear upgrade in that department. If we can't get them, we might as well work with what we have to develop that part of their game. After all, they only had this emphasised on them for one season in their entire careers.

Revan

Assumptionman
Stones has to be a target for us now. If not - Ed & Giggsy need to give LvG a kick up the arse & then get busy signing this lad..
Laporte is basically Stones in steroids and is a left footer. His release clause is around as much as Stones will cost. It seems that despite some rumors we aren't interested in either of them. I think is the right approach, we need someone who immediately would be far better than our CB, not someone who has high potential but currently won't be that much improvement on what we have.

Empire

Either way, if he thinks being fourth-best is anything to be proud of he's a bit of a tool.
You honestly think Louis van Gaal would be proud to be fourth-best? I think it's clear he wants to win something, there isn't even any doubting his desire.

He clearly thinks the team will improve and perform better next season. Without the ridiculous defensive injury crisis and also with more experience in that defence and then Darmian at right back then the defence will do much better.

Also Shaw will play more than 16 games, Schneiderlin will provide protection to the defence and we will be better at keeping the ball.

The defence is more than just the two centre backs, our defence is already much stronger. It's a team effort, if the attack don't struggle as much then that takes pressure off the defence.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I suppose in context it really wasnt that bad, we would have had a significantly better defensive record if you discount that ridiculous injury period.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Laporte is basically Stones in steroids and is a left footer. His release clause is around as much as Stones will cost. It seems that despite some rumors we aren't interested in either of them. I think is the right approach, we need someone who immediately would be far better than our CB, not someone who has high potential but currently won't be that much improvement on what we have.
Laporte would be a great signing for us, just not now. He needs to develop his game a bit more. We need the finished article now. If that player isn't out there we might have to see how Jones/Smalling combine. If they don't then go back into the market next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.