Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

M4YON

Plenty have before. Modric and Lewandowski come to mind off the top of my head.
Modric moved to Real Madrid and Lewandowski moved to Bayern Munich so they got what they wanted in the end.

Monaco have not give any indication they aren't willing to sell him they don't need the money butbtjere owners are using the club to make profit by bringing in youngsters with talent building them up and selling them on.

If United want him and bid they'll get him but as it stands that doesn't appear to be the case.

Dazzmondo

Modric moved to Real Madrid and Lewandowski moved to Bayern Munich so they got what they wanted in the end.

Monaco have not give any indication they aren't willing to sell him they don't need the money butbtjere owners are using the club to make profit by bringing in youngsters with talent building them up and selling them on.

If United want him and bid they'll get him but as it stands that doesn't appear to be the case.
In the end but not that season, they had to stay another year. If Fabinho situation is the same it wouldn't matter if we wanted him we'd have to wait until next season. Worth noting that the reason we haven't made a bid could be because Monaco informed us (and probably others) that he won't be moving this season with Bakayoko almost certainly leaving.

There are only so many players a team can sell in one season. Monaco will prob be like Dortmund and sell 1, 2, or 3 great players each season so they can keep replacing them.

Giggsyking

Can't believe I'm writing this but now Rooney is leaving (been on his case since he was angry and confused) I'm getting a sinking feeling like a part of us is leaving...?
cause he is a part of the club's history, we watched him thrive into one of the best footballers of all time, until the age of 27 he was phenomenal, he was unbelievable, he was really superb. Now he is leaving, he is taking that part with him. Hope he shines again at his boyhood club. Good luck Roon

Dazzmondo

Bonnuci / Boateng doens't meant they will get either.
:lol: Okay, well obviously neither of those will happen. We'll see who they end up getting. Alves is still a fantastic attacking full back but he's not going to improve them much defensively. Not that convinced Mendy will improve them much defensively either (obviously an upgrade talent-wise though). If Pep just gets another ball playing cb whose defending is average or poor like Stones I don't see much improving for them defensively next season. Not many great cbs seem to be available.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:lol: Okay, well obviously neither of those will happen. We'll see who they end up getting. Alves is still a fantastic attacking full back but he's not going to improve them much defensively. Not that convinced Mendy will improve them much defensively either (obviously an upgrade talent-wise though). If Pep just gets another ball playing cb whose defending is average or poor like Stones I don't see much improving for them defensively next season. Not many great cbs seem to be available.
I agree. Will be interesting to see who they get. They were heavily linked to VVD but seemed were put off by the price.

gr3yham3

I love that optimism.

I'll love Pogba to get the number 10 but seems he'll love the trend of number 6 both in United and France.
Well it ain't over yet. If the reports of Jose contacting Morata and telling him about his plans were true, then I am sure Jose would have told him he envisions playing him and Lukaku together. Think Morata should be our Griezmann "replacement".

Dazzmondo

I agree. Will be interesting to see who they get. They were heavily linked to VVD but seemed were put off by the price.
They should probably just get him. I know people think the price is ridiculous but he's an excellent cb. Easily one of the best tacklers in the Prem (prob only behind Bailly and Kompany tbh).

el3mel

Well it ain't over yet. If the reports of Jose contacting Morata and telling him about his plans were true, then I am sure Jose would have told him he envisions playing him and Lukaku together. Think Morata should be our Griezmann "replacement".
You're forgetting the most important thing and that's his price. The club is unwilling to pay 90m for him.