Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Prodigal7

Matt Law has always been the Chelsea boy in the media and I can somewhat understand his bias. He's saying what Chelsea is telling him to say. Kaveh seems to be copying exactly what's said by other journalists even with their biased opinion.
Then their must be a reason he's only quoting Chelsea fanboy posts? The ABU pro Chelsea slant comes across in all his tweets. Tbf the torygraph is generally pro Chelsea but Matt Law takes it to the fanboy level.

nyanza

Incredible? Bloody hell. Exaggerate much? He's nothing special
Yeah. Watched a video of him and looks like a little bit more mobile Fellaini. Weird move, looking at their squad you'd expect to go for a different type of midfielder as they already have such in Kante who is also better than Bakayoko. They probably would've been better with someone like Weigl. Not that I'm complaining.

el3mel

Then their must be a reason he's only quoting Chelsea fanboy posts? The ABU pro Chelsea slant comes across in all his tweets. Tbf the torygraph is generally pro Chelsea but Matt Law takes it to the fanboy level.
I don't understand Kaveh's points of copying the biased tweets exactly as he do, too, but you're right regarding Matt law. He's already at the "fanboy" level.

Flytan

Something has to be going on with Juventus doesn't it?

Losing arguably the best defender in the world to Milan for peanuts when last year they supposedly rejected 70M bids or whatever. Dani Alves "canceling" his contract. Bids for Sandro all summer and now some appearing for Hiquain? I mean I don't think they're necessarily losing it, but this certainly can't be considered a good summer for them with the Milan clubs finally spending money and looking to be on a rise.

Dazzmondo

£20m ffs
I wonder if Mahrez might be worth trying to get? Great crosser and can get goals too. Only problem with him is I'm not sure if he'd be able to successfully move to the left wing which is the area we're more in need of strengthening.

Von Mistelroum

I wonder if Mahrez might be worth trying to get? Great crosser and can get goals too. Only problem with him is I'm not sure if he'd be able to successfully move to the left wing which is the area we're more in need of strengthening.
Nah, we've Lingard.....honestly, our right wing is more in need of strengthening I reckon, so dunno why we wouldn't try.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City

Neves to Wolves for under £20m, now this guy to Lille... and Mourinho talking telephone numbers for Matic and Dier! :confused:

Last edited:

Dazzmondo

Nah, we've Lingard.....honestly, our right wing is more in need of strengthening I reckon, so dunno why we wouldn't try.
Well we could play Rashford, Mkhi, or Mata there so I don't think it's as weak tbh. Also, I think Rashford and Mkhi are both pretty much 1st choice players for Jose whereas Martial, whether right or wrong, isn't right now imo. I do think a 4-2-3-1 of Martial, Mkhi, and Mahrez would be good though tbh. Just not sure it's very likely. Probably an unlikely signing regardless

Dazzmondo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BOOM!<br><br>Lille have reached an agreement to sign Thiago Maia. He is officially out of the squad to face Vasco.<br><br>Marcelo Bielsa strikes again. <a href="https://t.co/hlb630qXCp">pic.twitter.com/hlb630qXCp</a></p>&mdash; Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStat) <a href="">July 15, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Neves to Wolves for under £20m, now this guy to Lille... and Mourinho talking telephone numbers for Matic and Dier! :confused:
Tbf, that would have been too big of a risk. I've heard very good things about Maia and what I have seen of him looks good but the difference in quality between the Brazilian league and Premier League is huge. Better to wait a couple seasons. If he performs in Ligue 1 he's definitely one to watch for the future.

EDIT: Actually I just recently thought about Strootman. Strange we haven't gone back for him. He seemed to do very well for Roma last season

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
Tbf, that would have been too big of a risk. I've heard very good things about Maia and what I have seen of him looks good but the difference in quality between the Brazilian league and Premier League is huge. Better to wait a couple seasons. If he performs in Ligue 1 he's definitely one to watch for the future.
Gimme a sec. Trying to reformat. Had a shocker.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Is that all ? Thought one of the big four would surely bit their hands off at that price.
SSN said before they want £30m for him. Very reasonable. But they did mention the fact he was bought for £500,000.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
Is that all they want? Mental.
Nah. They quoted Arsenal £40m, but Arsenal wanted to haggle, and are in for Lemar, too. I can only see Mahrez being a priority if Ozil leaves, and it looks like he will sign a new contract, so no one is really in for him that could afford him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
SSN said before they want £30m for him. Very reasonable. But they did mention the fact he was bought for £500,000.
Leicester would be wise to sell him as it looks like he's interested in moving on and they need the cash to reinvest.

Von Mistelroum

Well we could play Rashford, Mkhi, or Mata there so I don't think it's as weak tbh. Also, I think Rashford and Mkhi are both pretty much 1st choice players for Jose whereas Martial, whether right or wrong, isn't right now imo. I do think a 4-2-3-1 of Martial, Mkhi, and Mahrez would be good though tbh. Just not sure it's very likely. Probably an unlikely signing regardless
Zero right wingers in that list. Mkhi is easily the best option we have there and isn't a winger, and is inconsistent at best.

I'd love to see us bring in a good RW player and play Martial on the left. Mahrez would do, but I'd love to see us splash out on Dembele instead of waiting for Griezmann and have him and Martial on the wings.

Dazzmondo

Leicester would be wise to sell him as it looks like he's interested in moving on and they need the cash to reinvest.
I don't know. Clearly he isn't interested but he still got them 10 goals and 5 assists last season. I shudder to think what they'd be like without him

Dazzmondo

Zero right wingers in that list. Mkhi is easily the best option we have there and isn't a winger, and is inconsistent at best.

I'd love to see us bring in a good RW player and play Martial on the left. Mahrez would do, but I'd love to see us splash out on Dembele instead of waiting for Griezmann and have him and Martial on the wings.
I think you can pretty much consider Rashford a winger. Can't really disagree with anything else you said. I'd take an in form Martial over any of our other attackers

ti vu

Pogba wasn't doing that BS on his twitter account, and Pogba's marketability is x2 that of this clown.
You're being kind for this Bakayoko chap. Even 20x is even unfair to Pog. Last summer, very few people knew about this lad. Even before Pogba made first team appearance he has wonderkid aura around him. Over the years, Pog did well to make a name for himself. Bakayoko compared to Pog is a like a Chinese knock off vs top designer brand.
Madness that 60 million bids are going in for a midfielder with one season in a major league
One year review, and Pog is becoming a good deal. Homegrown qualification & marketability. Let not forget he's coming from a CL strong team to a EL team we were last season.

Overall the market is extremely inflated this year. Many big clubs are probably sitting on the sidelines waiting for prices to stabilize a bit before jumping in this winter and next summer.
Problem is in sport it's unlikely there is a stability in price/ correction. It's more about other teams look at their local market more than trying to compete for world top talent from now on. PL teams show the strength in their financial point of view now. Eventually, when someone like Mbappe makes a move, those big clubs would have to pay market price to compete for him. They're just avoiding getting dragged into paying high fee for squad players (compare to quality of their "early" investment superior players).

Last edited: