Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Erm, they've signed one player so far and another deal was just agreed yesterday. Not the best example to give.
They have signed Zabaleta too. Yeah it's not a good example, probably using them as we play them in first game.

pablotatt

In terms of this 1 more player, Dier is the one signing that probably transforms the team and makes sense. Sits in front of the back 4, drops in when the fullbacks bomb on, frees up Pogba to be even more creative. Seemingly wants to play for a team that wins things. Ultimately we'll have to drop £50m+ though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I still don't understand why we don't want Fabinho
I think that Mourinho sees him as a right back.

He was great as a midfielder for Monaco, so it's a bit odd, but I'll trust Mourinho as he's managed the player before.

itso 7

In terms of this 1 more player, Dier is the one signing that probably transforms the team and makes sense. Sits in front of the back 4, drops in when the fullbacks bomb on, frees up Pogba to be even more creative. Seemingly wants to play for a team that wins things. Ultimately we'll have to drop £50m+ though.
I think its Perisic, Jose is basically telling Woodward to meet Inter's valuation and bin the fourth player because when reading the situation we have been told that Dier isn't for sale at any price, Chelsea are mad at us over Lukaku but Inter have given us a price to meet. Seems to me that we have gotten the closest with Perisic and Jose is simply telling Ed to pay up.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No doubt the low offer is because Barca are a bit low on cash....oh, wait a minute, Neymar! That's right. So they bid one third of what they feel Neymar is worth. Is Coutinho only worth one third of what they feel Neymar is worth? If so, why are they chasing such a useless player? Obviously non-Liverpool fans and Barca establishment (owners and fans) think he's only worth £72m. What do FSG think? Oh that's right, FSG just tell everyone to go feck themselves unless they own shares in Coutinho. :)

This season he's worth £100m+. Next season if prices go silly again then he's worth £150m. Ad infinitum. Will Coutinho cause a stink/hand in a transfer request? Doesn't look like a Suarez shaped cnut to me.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
No doubt the low offer is because Barca are a bit low on cash....oh, wait a minute, Neymar! That's right. So they bid one third of what they feel Neymar is worth. Is Coutinho only worth one third of what they feel Neymar is worth? If so, why are they chasing such a useless player? Obviously non-Liverpool fans and Barca establishment (owners and fans) think he's only worth £72m. What do FSG think? Oh that's right, FSG just tell everyone to go feck themselves unless they own shares in Coutinho. :)

This season he's worth £100m+. Next season if prices go silly again then he's worth £150m. Ad infinitum. Will Coutinho cause a stink/hand in a transfer request? Doesn't look like a Suarez shaped cnut to me.
You really believe Coutinho wouldn't fancy the idea of playing for Barca? Huge step up in this career. If he sees it as a possibility why wouldn't he push for it?

NoMidfielders

feck me Liverpool really wanted to make a positive brief to the scouse journos didn't they? I guess when you miss out on all your targets you have to make rejecting a bid seem like a good window :lol:

GBBQ

You really believe Coutinho wouldn't fancy the idea of playing for Barca? Huge step up in this career. If he sees it as a possibility why wouldn't he push for it?
Why would he join the most successful club this century when he can stick around Anfield and enjoy pre-qualifying for the CL.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Why would he join the most successful club this century when he can stick around Anfield and enjoy pre-qualifying for the CL.
Plus double his wages.

What sort of of idiot would want to double their wages?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No doubt he'll want to make his mark like his compatriots have done in the past. Won't be this summer unless they're throwing Mbappe money and next summer it will be at the correct price if he waits one season. All I am saying is the price is wrong. A long way wrong.

midnightmare

I think that Mourinho sees him as a right back.

He was great as a midfielder for Monaco, so it's a bit odd, but I'll trust Mourinho as he's managed the player before.
It's been said before but this could be because Fabinho reportedly wants time at RB this season. It'd be easier for him to make the WC squad in that role than in DM. If that's the case, can see why Jose would want to avoid him this summer at least. Can't think of any other reason to be honest, specially as Matic to Juve seems like a cert now.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Monaco rate Mbappé at 190 million euros. City would offer 140, but Madrid seem to be in a better position. The rest of the article says that the owner of Monaco considers that if last year several teams were willing to pay that for Neymar, his previous clause, then he can ask for the same amount

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Mbappé same value as Neymar? Nice logic, bro. Sure they'll accept much less, though.

prtk0811

The days of Barcelona and Madrid getting their ways should be over with this inflation whose seeds were sowed by them and contributed in massive inflation.

Of course coutinho is worth more than that at least 100m pounds.

GM K

If PSG get both Alexis and Neymar and keep the core of their current squad, then you can only write them off when it comes to winning the CL at your own peril.

They were one good referee decision away from knocking out Barcelona last season and if they had done so, you sort of get the sense that their confidence level would have shot up and they would have been serious contenders for the Champions League title.

Alexis and Neymar are two players that can significantly influence and win games on their own. You don't have those kinds of players to an already strong team and not become a major threat in Europe.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think its Perisic, Jose is basically telling Woodward to meet Inter's valuation and bin the fourth player because when reading the situation we have been told that Dier isn't for sale at any price, Chelsea are mad at us over Lukaku but Inter have given us a price to meet. Seems to me that we have gotten the closest with Perisic and Jose is simply telling Ed to pay up.
I agree.

TsuWave

PSG could make a move: Neymar himself would pay his release clause. Thus, the French club is free of possible penalties from FFP.
its says "multa" that translates to "fine" not "release clause". now i don't know which "fine" neymar has to pay and how it has anything to do with FFP, but yeah...

"release clause" in portuguese is "clausula de rescisao"

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What are the problems? If we're being cheap, then it's our own fault. I understand we don't want to reveal our hand very early, but we're not in a position to feck around. We really need to mount a title challenge this season. No more of the bullshit from the last 4 seasons.

Stretch

But why then not pick up the phone and tell Ed that? Ultimately our structure works that the manager identifies the targets hence the now infamous list. It really is not that difficult.